BFH PS4 EA PLAY?!

Hi everyone,

So about EA PLAY subscription on PS4.

Out of curiosity I checked if all games that are meant to be included in EA PLAY are actually free.

Conclusion, all games EA PLAY subscription offers are free to download, except this really weird one (BFH). The game has standard; Ultimate and deluxe edition and none of them are free to download.

EA play only gives 1/2eur discount on all BfH content from ps store and that's all lol I searched on net but can't find any info to help me with this issue so I wanna ask you guys if it's really true that bfH is not included in EA PLAY or it's just my account being glitched or something? 

Please lemme know, much appreciated I just wanna understand this once and for all and btw the account I have with EA play is EU PT

Edited by black_opREADYf1

Hi. I have an active EA Play subscription (I got the deal for one month at 0.79UKP). All three editions of BFH are marked with "EA PLAY" for me in the UK store but are only available to purchase with a small discount off the normal price. BF4 and BFV for example are shown as free there.

Do you have the EA Play Hub app from the PS4 store? BFH is listed there and links through to a store page with a free Download link.

Otherwise try contacting EA customer support...?

Battlefield Hardline is part of EA Vault collection, meaning you should be able to download and play it if you own a EA Play subscription.

https://www.ea.com/ea-play/games-playstation-4

Like @barticle asked, have you downloaded the Hub app and tried to download the game through there?

Because if that doesn't work, it most certainly is a glitch.

I didn't need EA Play hub when I downloaded Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and Sea of Solitude last January. EA Play works just like PlayStation Plus. Meaning, you just have to claim the (EA Play) games from PS Store (I used the webstore), and download them to your console. I also initiated the downloads from the webstore library. :)

17 hours ago, barticle said:

Hi. I have an active EA Play subscription (I got the deal for one month at 0.79UKP). All three editions of BFH are marked with "EA PLAY" for me in the UK store but are only available to purchase with a small discount off the normal price. BF4 and BFV for example are shown as free there.

Do you have the EA Play Hub app from the PS4 store? BFH is listed there and links through to a store page with a free Download link.

Otherwise try contacting EA customer support...?

I tried both already many times ps store and ea play hub!! 

And both of them are not free, only have a 10% discount which is almost nothing... Maybe a way to fix it by deleting ea play hub and installing again? 

About support like you mean going on ea support website and live chat with them after selecting BFH game?

17 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Battlefield Hardline is part of EA Vault collection, meaning you should be able to download and play it if you own a EA Play subscription.

https://www.ea.com/ea-play/games-playstation-4

Like @barticle asked, have you downloaded the Hub app and tried to download the game through there?

Because if that doesn't work, it most certainly is a glitch.

Yes I tried both ways already... I rly hope it's not a glitch omg that would be so bs and annoying.

Also to mention very importantly about battlefield 1 and 4 if you download the only base game version and not the premium one first you get locked in and are not able to download the premium pass for that bf game, super super bs had no idea

16 hours ago, zizimonster said:

I didn't need EA Play hub when I downloaded Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and Sea of Solitude last January. EA Play works just like PlayStation Plus. Meaning, you just have to claim the (EA Play) games from PS Store (I used the webstore), and download them to your console. I also initiated the downloads from the webstore library. :)

Didn't know downloading from website was still a thing since Sony made big udpate where removed ps3/Vita from the website...

Also to mention guys very Importantly when I click on bfH to download it from EA play hub app, it will show me to buy battlefield robbery dlc like for real what the hell is going on here???

So to everyone out there

DOWNLOAD PREMIUM EDITION OF BF GAMES BEFORE DOWNLOADING ONLY BASE GAME VERSION. If you download base game only first you get locked up and when going on premium edition it will say not available to buy, 'more info' says can't buy cuz you already own BF1 for example or bf4. 

I really really wish I knew that aswell.

BFH it's all either glitched or something and I don't know how to fix it

2 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Just looked and its asking me to pay as well. 

Oh really??

Glad I'm not the only one! 

So did you try on ea play hub and ps store and it's not working?

What does it tell when you try it from hub, does it also say to buy robbery dlc for 14.99eur? And when you go ps store all editions for the game none are free only 10% off lol

UPDATE: I talked to EA support chat.

I got told that this is on-going issue that BFH isn't free with EA PLAY subscription atm and that they're working for the fix.

I also asked for an ETA, no ETA they have for the fix, we just got to wait i guess.

So i don't recommend people buy EA PLAY because of BFH atm. Everything is free no problem but BFH.

At least i'm more chill now since this is a ongoing problem for everyone with EA PLAY and it's not my account glitched or something else.

Edited by black_opREADYf1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, johncnstntn__ said:

They changed its name in some regions but forgot to update on EA Play. Hardline has "Standart Edition" at the end now, the free version was just Battlefield Hardline which some regions still have such as NA.

UK has standard, deluxe, ultimate. All ask for payment. 

2 hours ago, johncnstntn__ said:

They changed its name in some regions but forgot to update on EA Play. Hardline has "Standart Edition" at the end now, the free version was just Battlefield Hardline which some regions still have such as NA.

well i can confirm portuguese PSN store works and has it free to download, the standard edition i mean, dunno about the other regions

1 hour ago, GUDGER666 said:

UK has standard, deluxe, ultimate. All ask for payment. 

the standard should be the free version out of them all i believe