Mystery Domination.

KingTom95

The new Domination came out two days ago and its kinda cancer.

I only have a no money spent team and i really struggle to even win a game and couldnt figure out a consistent way to beat them.

Im writing this post so we can gather information and tips together. 

Edited by KingTom95

i know right, I have a 98 overall squad made up for 97;s and few 98's and getting my butt destroyed also, thanks for making this topic, i am sure someone could give us good tips or what coach to use for this type

I'm currently on the third board, playing through the games in order. It is tough, but doable. If you have a couple of GOs in your line up then it really helps. I grinded for GO Wall and Davidson and they are what's really doing it for me. I would say my main advice would be to look for mismatches. Playing Robinson in the PF position presents a lot of mismatches so I can quite often bully my way through to the paint. If that fails then if you have a fast Point Guard or Shooting Guard then Speedy Gonzales your way through for the dunk.

If you have a screen shot or description of your team that would be helpful as can offer more direct advice.

• Like 3

I am a very average player, but I can tell you what I have done. I play with a defensive diamond coach (forget the name). I have my PF and C basically there to defend and rebound, so I went for the biggest players (yet somewhat mobile) I could find and I keep looking out for good cheap cards every pack. I then use my wings to do the bulk of my scoring, I usually try and find players with Quick First Step who can beat a defender 1 on 1 along the baseline for a dunk. If not I'll try and get my PG to the bucket. The above post is great advice about mismatches. I try for high percentage shots and try and keep my shooting percentage above 75%.

When they have the ball I use my PG with a high steal rating to pressure them around the halfway line to try for a steal and easy bucket. When my bigs rebound I look for an outlet pass for one of my quick wings to get a fast break score. I would also say is look at some of the PD cards as they are very cheap at the moment. If the card has the badges you want I would use them. I saved up and bought Dark Matter Jordan and he does the bulk of my scoring. The rest of my team is Don Ohl (free from Triple Threat) and I rotate players from the Spotlight Sims depending on the opposition (ie mismatches from the post above). While constantly looking for cheap cards in the auction house, for instance the PD Dwayne Wade or D Yao Ming in the most recent set (who I have started using because they are quite cheap).

Anyway there are much better players that probably have some excellent suggestions but that is what I do.

• Like 2

I also have B. Roy and D. Rob and setting D. Rob as PF indeed creates mistmatches as well setting screens creates a lot of mismatches too.

It really looks like its all about 5 Out and speedboosting once again. 

22 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

I've been getting 1500 points a game with a ruby squad...  What are you having terrible with?  Also, how much MT do you have?  Just ask me

I seem to struggle the most with defense which is funny cause im usually much better in defense, im getting contests really often but they still finish 40% layups more than i wish, i had a ball with 100% contest go in before and last game the first possession i manage to get 3 blocks and all of them bounced back into MJ's hand leading to a bucket. 

I really often feel it doesnt matter how good you play defense cause they will score anyways and if youre slacking off just for a second you will be down by 10 with minimum chance to come back.

I currently have 350k which i wanted to keep until summer where you can get really good cards for cheap, im maybe just wait until i have better cards cause im not having fun at all.

Edit: Im also playing on PS4 which makes a small difference.

Edited by KingTom95

Galaxy Opal Magic Johnson is going for 125k or so.  I would highly recommend him.  Generally, you can post up the PG and get more points that way.  You can make a very good budget team for 25-50k.  Playbooks really don't matter, but I use the 98 Jazz playbook.  I'm currently streaming if you want to see what I'm doing.

Edited by grimydawg___

11 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

Galaxy Opal Magic Johnson is going for 125k or so.  I would highly recommend him.  Generally, you can post up the PG and get more points that way.  You can make a very good budget team for 25-50k.  Playbooks really don't matter, but I use the 98 Jazz playbook.  I'm currently streaming if you want to see what I'm doing.

I run Mitchell - Kawhi PD - B. Roy - D. Rob - Cousins PD 

I think my team is fine but Magic is a good Suggestion tho.

Sure im open for every help, just need your twitch/youtube name.

1 hour ago, grimydawg___ said:

That's more than enough

https://www.twitch.tv/grimydawg

Im watching your stream for quite a while now and noticed you shoot a fair amount of 3s which i think you cant really do on PS4.

Dont pin me down to that but a lot of people saying shooting on old gen is much harder especially on HOF, i dont have the comparison but i avoid shooting 3s as much as i can.

Some addtional tips:

Cant stress out enough how good fancy dunks are, a lot of players have the Showtime HOF Badge which increases the wholes team takeover meter by performing a highlight play.

To perform a fancy dunk you need to press R2+Right Stick down but use it with caution cause fancy dunks are easier to block, if you dont have space press the stick forward.

Heart crusher badge works the same way just for defensive highlight plays and makes the opponents team go "cold".

Found out a play which works on every possesion and its called "Quick 21 RIP" from the Trailblazers Playbook.

I was able to beat the sonics by 16 just because of that play, they still do their BS but at least you can score consecutively with that play.

You will get an Assist + Dunk everytime so the MT Goal shouldnt be a problem.

But psssssst dont tell 2k or they will delete plays from the playbooks like they previously did. 

Also for PS4 Users just play it slow, really really slow, dont run fastbreaks and dont trade 3s with the AI cause they will come out on Top.

If you think you have enough MT to reach the goal, run the glock. 

Edited by KingTom95
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, KingTom95 said:

Im watching your stream for quite a while now and noticed you shoot a fair amount of 3s which i think you cant really do on PS4.

Dont pin me down to that but a lot of people saying shooting on old gen is much harder especially on HOF, i dont have the comparison but i avoid shooting 3s as much as i can.

Some addtional tips:

Cant stress out enough how good fancy dunks are, a lot of players have the Showtime HOF Badge which increases the wholes team takeover meter by performing a highlight play.

To perform a fancy dunk you need to press R2+Right Stick down but use it with caution cause fancy dunks are easier to block, if you dont have space press the stick forward.

Heart crusher badge works the same way just for defensive highlight plays and makes the opponents team go "cold".

Found out a play which works on every possesion and its called "Quick 21 RIP" from the Trailblazers Playbook.

I was able to beat the sonics by 16 just because of that play, they still do their BS but at least you can score consecutively with that play.

You will get an Assist + Dunk everytime so the MT Goal shouldnt be a problem.

But psssssst dont tell 2k or they will delete plays from the playbooks like they previously did. 

Also for PS4 Users just play it slow, really really slow, dont run fastbreaks and dont trade 3s with the AI cause they will come out on Top.

If you think you have enough MT to reach the goal, run the glock. 

Ah, that's because of the steady shooter badge.  PS5 doesn't have that problem because the badge isn't on there.  That's also why I say get Magic Johnson if you can afford him.  Just have him post up.  He'll win almost every time.  I can download the PS4 version and do the same if needed.  I'm also green release my threes.  That obviously helps

Edited by grimydawg___

26 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

Yeah lol.  Are you guys playing last gen version?  I can do either one and do the same thing.

I dont have a PS5 yet so PS4 is my only option and i would like to see how you perform on PS4 if you wanna do that on next stream.

Dang.  I haven't played in four months and it showed.  The computer is definitely smarter on ps4.  I still scored over 1k, but the strategies can't as exploited.  Maybe it was because I was facing the demon Stephen Curry lol

Edited by grimydawg___

So PS5 is a little easier against the computer it sounds like?  I’ll likely be finishing up domination on PS5 once I can locate one.  I just hope the trophy will unlock for both versions since they are different trophy lists and you can only “earn” it live while playing one version.  

@grimydawg___ for defense, do you play mainly on-ball or off-ball? I generally play off-ball (cheese but let you the computer do the work for you) but against 99 MJ, etc. forget it, they will score automatically even if you try to play help defense.  Is there a set defense alignment you use?

I think scoring is generally pretty easy with good cards but shutting down the other team is the challenge. 

I shoot very few 3’s unless a breakdown and wide open.  I fast-break off misses when I can and either drive or send guys to the hoop for the pass and easy hoop.  I have more issues with turnovers than not scoring.  My FG% is very high.

I only have 4 GO’s at the current time, Dame Lillard, Don Ohl, Donovan Mitchell, Kermit Washington.  All rewards.  By the time I get to the 6th board, the GO cards will be pretty affordable with Dark Matter cards everywhere.