Stolen from PS Plus Subscribers.

1 hour ago, Z1MZUM said:

Well this is fucked, I can download the demo but not the license key. It is nowhere in my history.

Can you 'purchase full game' from within the demo's main menu?

12 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Can you 'purchase full game' from within the demo's main menu?

I tried but it didn't work unfortunately. I also noticed that the date and time in my download history are all set to one day in 2016. I also noticed I have a load of movie and tv shows I'd never watch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZandatsuRising said:

I had a similiar problem with Amazon Prime. 

I bought a movie years ago and a couple of weeks ago they deleted it cause of reasons...

I had to buy it again and now I got it two times in my list

"Digital is the future"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZandatsuRising said:

I had a similiar problem with Amazon Prime. 

I bought a movie years ago and a couple of weeks ago they deleted it cause of reasons...

I had to buy it again and now I got it two times in my list

Are they idiots or what? Didn't you contact them and show your old transaction number?

3 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Well this is fucked, I can download the demo but not the license key. It is nowhere in my history.

Have you tried using PSDLE to see if it's there? And/or checking the very bottom of your Download List? Or in the Plus content that was moved the last time you renewed your subscription?

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Are they idiots or what? Didn't you contact them and show your old transaction number?

Have you tried using PSDLE to see if it's there? And/or checking the very bottom of your Download List? Or in the Plus content that was moved the last time you renewed your subscription?

PSDLE only shows PS4 and PS5, gone through my history several times which took allot of time because I have a crapload of games. There doesn't seem to be a restore license option any more on the PS3.

I'll be honest here, I really don't like the way that Sony purposely rejects or cripples hardware they no longer want to support. It's my f'n console and it still works, many still play on it. If anything I think the chip shortage has been a good thing and probably pushed many people away from console, You know those things we all own and have very little control over.

Edited by Z1MZUM

2 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

PSDLE only shows PS4 and PS5, gone through my history several times which took allot of time because I have a crapload of games. There doesn't seem to be a restore license option any more on the PS3.

I'll be honest here, I really don't like the way that Sony purposely rejects or cripples hardware they no longer want to support. It's my f'n console and it still works, many still play on it. If anything I think the chip shortage has been a good thing and probably pushed many people away from console, You know those things we all own and have very little control over.

No, PSDLE supports all platforms, you have to go through the Transaction History on the PSN website, not the library.

The "restore license" option never existed on any platform before the PS4.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

It is for them!

They save on distribution, don't depend on a middleman, and whenever things go wrong good luck dealing with "customer support".

Not sure about your experience but the customer service helped me twice with lost content. Several years ago i was using PSDLE (it's always PSDLE lmao) and noticed, in two different moments, that two games were missing from the list. The games were LIMBO for PS3 and Dragon's Crown for Vita (from Instant Game Collection), all i had to do was to gave them all my account information including the transaction number, it took a month or so for each game (LIMBO was no longer a Plus game though lol)... the real thing you should say is "good luck dealing with the transaction history" since those idiots deleted 99% of the entries from between 2010 and 2016, if you really need it back you have to ask them to send you a spreadsheet with the whole history.

Edited by Lance_87

18 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

No, PSDLE supports all platforms, you have to go through the Transaction History on the PSN website, not the library.

The "restore license" option never existed on any platform before the PS4.

Yes it did on the PS3 and it was under settings>Users and accounts>Other>restore licenses, a long time ago, in fact when it was removed I had no way to restore DLC for a couple of games. And Transaction history was stuck for only 2 years hence why I canned it, tried it again and left it over night, suddenly it's all there.

Thanks heaps Lance_87, this has really helped me find it

Edit: Ok here's another problem, I bought the game 2 years before the free version as I've just found out. However I can only download the demo. Sony also screwed me over on the DLC for EDF 2025 where as I gave in and bought it twice as by this stage no restore licenses.  Now all demo downloads say Demo after the name but here is my purchase that clearly does not say demo. You've gone out of your way to help and I appreciate it, at this stage I'm going to guess it's a dead end. I just felt like playing this game as I only played a little back in the day.

siQOAHF.jpg

Edited by Z1MZUM

3 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Yes it did on the PS3 and it was under settings>Users and accounts>Other>restore licenses, a long time ago, in fact when it was removed I had no way to restore DLC for a couple of games.

Are you 100% sure about this? Because i can't find any info about something like this being removed. The only way to restore a license was to redownload the content.

23 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Are you 100% sure about this? Because i can't find any info about something like this being removed. The only way to restore a license was to redownload the content.

Here's the funny thing, restoring Licenses on the PS4 also affected the PS3

So yes you're correct that it wasn't a direct thing, It was based on the account and all licenses. However this is no longer a thing, Are our licenses crippled pre ps4 and we must rely on history that in the long run won't help anyway?. I'd say if you did it on PS5 it would also affect PS4. Ps3 on the other hand is Sony's aborted child much like the Vita and more so the Vita TV.

Sony would rather we don't make such discussions I suppose. Here in Australia Sony has never given me a refund of any kind ever. I don't know but I do think they have Hipsters answering the phone with nothing more then scripts as anyone I've spoken to there doesn't seem to know shit from a technical aspect. Maybe it's different in Europe and North America, Both places I've been to and prefer to my own country in every aspect.

1 hour ago, Z1MZUM said:

Here's the funny thing, restoring Licenses on the PS4 also affected the PS3

So yes you're correct that it wasn't a direct thing, It was based on the account and all licenses. However this is no longer a thing, Are our licenses crippled pre ps4 and we must rely on history that in the long run won't help anyway?. I'd say if you did it on PS5 it would also affect PS4. Ps3 on the other hand is Sony's aborted child much like the Vita and more so the Vita TV.

Sony would rather we don't make such discussions I suppose. Here in Australia Sony has never given me a refund of any kind ever. I don't know but I do think they have Hipsters answering the phone with nothing more then scripts as anyone I've spoken to there doesn't seem to know shit from a technical aspect. Maybe it's different in Europe and North America, Both places I've been to and prefer to my own country in every aspect.

I cannot try at the moment, but does restoring licenses on the PS4 fix that weird bug about new PS3 purchases appearing at the very bottom of the Download List?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 8:44 PM, Lance_87 said:

I cannot try at the moment, but does restoring licenses on the PS4 fix that weird bug about new PS3 purchases appearing at the very bottom of the Download List?

Sorry, been out for a week with Covid.

Restoring Licenses on the PS4 seems to have no affect on anything PS3 related, At least not now.