Your 50 Rarest Trophies Part 2

Bilpe

Admittedly, this topic won't be for everyone.  However, for anyone that would like to share, I'm interested in knowing the trophy breakdown of your fifty rarest (i.e. how many platinums, golds, silvers and bronzes make up your list).  Here is my top fifty:

Platinum  4 trophies   8% of total

Gold  3 trophies  6% of total

Silver  9 trophies  18% of total

Bronze  34 trophies  68% of total

I've been thinking a lot lately about the sociological framework behind gaming and, more specifically, trophy hunting.  I'm curious about what our trophies say about the way we hunt, as well as how trophy difficulty is used by developers.  I know number crunching is not for everyone, but to anyone that wants to share, you have my thanks in advance.

• Like 3

My list:

Platinum - 4 trophies (8%)

Gold - 19 trophies (38%)

Silver - 11 trophies (22%)

Bronze - 16 trophies (32%)

All coming from games that took a great deal of skill, effort and patience to get.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, PMD_E1337Pete said:

This is interesting. Do you know what you're looking for? Or just curious in what you'll find?

Here's mine:

Platinum - 7 trophies (14%)

Gold - 19 trophies (38%)

Silver - 13 trophies (26%)

Bronze - 11 trophies (22%)

I'm curious to know if the rarity appears roughly as the shape of an inverted pyramid.  Logic would tell you that the rarest trophies should also be the most valuable across a broad enough sample.  That is to say, you should have more platinums and golds than silvers and bronzes in your fifty rarest.  Though game developers seem to have a propensity to make you work like hell for bronze trophies.

• Like 1

6 Platinums (12%)

3 Golds (6%)

13 Silver (26%)

28 Bronze (56%)

Rarity 0.60% - 6.25%. Only 31 URs

All coming from games that took a moderate deal of skill, effort and patience to get.

Edited by dzstrpc
added %
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bilpe said:

I'm curious to know if the rarity appears roughly as the shape of an inverted pyramid.  Logic would tell you that the rarest trophies should also be the most valuable across a broad enough sample.  That is to say, you should have more platinums and golds than silvers and bronzes in your fifty rarest.  Though game developers seem to have a propensity to make you work like hell for bronze trophies.

One thing that can skew it is non plat games. They often elect to use more silver and bronze so that it can have more trophies. 8 of my rarest are from lists without a platinum and only 2 of those are gold.

Platinum - 8 (16%)
Gold - 23 (46%)
Silver - 11 (22%)
Bronze - 8 (16%)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bilpe said:

12 minutes ago, Guardian_owl said:

One thing that can skew it is non plat games. They often elect to use more silver and bronze so that it can have more trophies. 8 of my rarest are from lists without a platinum and only 2 of those are gold.

DLC is also treated like non-plat games. DLC has it's own total owners and rarity independent of the main list. My top 50 has 18 trophies from non-plat games and 3 from DLC.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dzstrpc said:

DLC is also treated like non-plat games. DLC has it's own total owners and rarity independent of the main list. My top 50 has 18 trophies from non-plat games and 3 from DLC.

Good point, and one I hadn't considered.  DLC trophies are typically more rare than regular trophies, as a general rule.  Also DLC trophies (at least in my experience) are more likely to be silver and bronze.  As for games without a platinum, I wonder if would it be fair to say that developers use gold more frequently for their most difficult trophies?

7 minutes ago, Bilpe said:

Good point, and one I hadn't considered.  DLC trophies are typically more rare than regular trophies, as a general rule.  Also DLC trophies (at least in my experience) are more likely to be silver and bronze.  As for games without a platinum, I wonder if would it be fair to say that developers use gold more frequently for their most difficult trophies?

You should do a part 3 with Top 50 rarest UNearned trophies. What makes people give up?

• Like 1