Debunked: April PS plus leaked game

Just seen a leak suggesting this will be part of the April PS plus line up. Checked the PlayStation store via the app and it’s saying it’s not available for purchase! 

Anybody else have it like that too? 
If it is in the line up how does it play? Looks like my sort of game but not heard much about it. Any glitches trophies, missable, decent guides?

Happy Hunting

Edit : Link 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/comicbook.com/gaming/amp/news/playstation-plus-games-free-ps4-ps5-april-2021/

April PS Plus games:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/31/playstation-plus-games-for-april-days-gone-oddworld-soulstorm-and-zombie-army-4-dead-war/

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mikem192 said:

Just seen a leak suggesting this will be part of the April PS plus line up. Checked the PlayStation store via the app and it’s saying it’s not available for purchase! 

Anybody else have it like that too? 
If it is in the line up how does it play? Looks like my sort of game but not heard much about it. Any glitches trophies, missable, decent guides?

Happy Hunting

Edit : Link 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/comicbook.com/gaming/amp/news/playstation-plus-games-free-ps4-ps5-april-2021/

From your link:

UPDATE: 2K has since announced a free weekend of the game below on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, casting doubt on it being free next month via PlayStation Plus.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I don’t know of that ever happening in the past. It’s possible, I just can’t think of a time. 

Ah sorry I missed that but the fact it is unavailable for purchase in the store might lean more towards it being possible?

Glossing over the whole free weekend thing for a second...

Given the selection that the Play At Home program is giving and with the PS Plus titles for March having one of the biggest A-List PS4 games of recent memory in it, I'm kind of thinking that the April offerings are going to be more low key and niche. And, with no disrespect meant to anyone who enjoys this sort of game, this would fit the bill.

Just my 2 cents. Not really fussed what the titles are as I've got enough in the backlog to go through.

• Like 2

How well does the Civ controls translate onto controller? Anyone know?

I Haven't played Civ VI at all, but Civ V on PC was a brilliant game - I'm finding it hard to imagine how a controller input would translate though. (Having said that, I guess Cities Skyline certainly proved it is possible to do it well)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I Haven't played Civ VI at all, but Civ V on PC was a brilliant game - I'm finding it hard to imagine how a controller input would translate though.

Not really sure. I’ve been a big Civ fan since Civ II and have played everything up through V on PC. The Civ Revolutions game for Vita did a good job of using the Vita inputs, but I have Civ VI on my Switch list to pick up, assuming that would be more ideal. 

I’m curious myself and with the game being on sale for $15 at the moment and the season pass being on sale for $30, that should be a lot of content for $45. I highly doubt this will end up on Plus. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Not really sure. I’ve been a big Civ fan since Civ II and have played everything up through V on PC. The Civ Revolutions game for Vita did a good job of using the Vita inputs, but I have Civ VI on my Switch list to pick up, assuming that would be more ideal. 

I’m curious myself and with the game being on sale for $15 at the moment and the season pass being on sale for $30, that should be a lot of content for $45. I highly doubt this will end up on Plus. 

I've played nobunaga's ambition and romance of the three kingdoms on ps4. Assuming they control similarly to civ its just takes a bit of time to get used to the controls and then they are fine.

However I have never played a game like this on pc before so I have nothing to compare it to other than a Nintendo ds port of civ?

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

This made me chuckle. Civilization VI being considered “low key and niche”.

Yeah, I didn't do a great job on phrasing that. Meant that more for the genre of game on consoles and not Civilisation as a series. Strategy games generally lend themselves better to PC due to M&K being a better control method than controllers and whilst they're certainly doable on consoles, when I hear genres like strategy, simulation and RTS, my mind goes to the PC. So given that 2/3 March plus offerings and the 2 big hitters from the Play At Home incentive are 3rd person action games, having a completely different genre would make sense for an April plus addition, in my eyes at least.

Still probably haven't phrased it well xD

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I Haven't played Civ VI at all, but Civ V on PC was a brilliant game - I'm finding it hard to imagine how a controller input would translate though. (Having said that, I guess Cities Skyline certainly proved it is possible to do it well)

The controls do remarkably well for the console edition. I was skeptical as well, given this genre works best with a mouse, but I never got frustrated with the controls. I got the platinum - probably took 75+ hours. But if your a fan of Civ, you know that time is nothing. 
Haven’t had time to tackle all the dlc’s but all trophies are earnable. Though there are a few troublesome ones, but read the forums here for guidance. 

• Like 1