How do I get my first win?

mumik08

Hi, so when I started It was season 1 I played abut 7 hours, and then I quit then when I saw that there was squad mode I thought it would be easier, and I would get infallible, but it's still really hard to be fair I only got to the final round 2 times in squads but 30 times in main show by myself. SO how do I "GIT GUD" I don't care about the platinum any more I just want to get a win.I'm usually at thin ice in the final round and hex-a-gone so can anyone help me please any tips and or tricks would be appreciated.

• Like 1

It largely comes down to that age old trick...

Practice. Practice. Practice

The more you play each game, the more you’ll get used to how they work. It’ll also give you more of a chance to see the tricks that other players use to help them get those slight advantages.

• Like 1

You can watch pros on YT on how they approach each game. There's always a specific pattern they take for every racing course, an approach to each Team match, etc. that allows them to win consistently. I have yet to win (I found the game kind of boring after a while, and never returned to it), but I remember doing this and got to the finals in season 1 70% of the time (probably higher if you took out games where I was legit griefed by other players).

In the end though, it comes down to execution though which is why I never succeeded in the finale.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mumik08 said:

Hi, so when I started It was season 1 I played abut 7 hours, and then I quit then when I saw that there was squad mode I thought it would be easier, and I would get infallible, but it's still really hard to be fair I only got to the final round 2 times in squads but 30 times in main show by myself. SO how do I "GIT GUD" I don't care about the platinum any more I just want to get a win.I'm usually at thin ice in the final round and hex-a-gone so can anyone help me please any tips and or tricks would be appreciated.

Play over and over again, I played the game on PC it took me about 30 hours to get my first win and after that I started to win more consistently.  Eventually you learn the mechanics better you memorize every map and variation and then you can turn your brain off basically and the game plays itself.  You have to put in the time or you wont get any wins.

1 hour ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Play over and over again, I played the game on PC it took me about 30 hours to get my first win and after that I started to win more consistently.  Eventually you learn the mechanics better you memorize every map and variation and then you can turn your brain off basically and the game plays itself.  You have to put in the time or you wont get any wins.

30 hours?!?!?!?!? I've played 20 hours in total for now so 10 more hours according to you. Thanks for the information!!

Squads make infallible alot harder imo. Every round as now become like luck based team games. You could qualify from every round and still get eliminated because your squad members are shite or quit. Especially if you squad up with randomers.

Plus squads show is dead as anything. Rarely get the 40 players needed to start the game

3 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Squads make infallible alot harder imo. Every round as now become like luck based team games. You could qualify from every round and still get eliminated because your squad members are shite or quit. Especially if you squad up with randomers.

Plus squads show is dead as anything. Rarely get the 40 players needed to start the game

If he can’t get a win on his own, squads is definitely the way to go.  You have only beat out 9-10 other teams total in most games vs. trying to beat out 55-60 other individuals.  And he could randomly be put with good players to carry the team.

He is not getting Infallible either way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mumik08 said:

30 hours?!?!?!?!? I've played 20 hours in total for now so 10 more hours according to you. Thanks for the information!!

Now days it may take longer to learn everything but eventually you will get it, back in season 1 there were no variations so it was quick to learn.  Just keep playing and learn to grab efficiently.

Try out new strats in the final rounds even if it gets you killed think of it as a learning experience.  Grab timing is key in most final rounds 

• Like 1

Practice is definitely a way to go as well as luck. I have about 400 hours on the game and have only won 7 times even though I get to the finals regularly. Don't feel bad about not winning, almost 80% of players haven't won a crown. I would definitely recommend to go for the squads. I went into five rounds of squads yesterday and got assigned random players and we won three times which made for one crown. It will happen eventually if you keep trying.

In all honesty, season 1 was the easiest to get wins. The game was new and everyone bum rushed it when it was the hot new thing all the streamers spoke about. If DSPGaming managed to get like 5 or so wins in the first week of the game but can't now, that tells me it was easier back then. Since then the game has gotten harder with the physics changing and I think Season 4 is probably the most difficult (and fun) yet, with very long races with obstacles and survival modes that take a lot of concentration. New people play the game all the time as you can see Rookie beans running around but I'm sure a lot of people that stick around now are the hardcore players. I saw someone with the level 40 season 4 skin on like the 3rd day still playing.

Thin Ice is a crapshoot, I don't think there are any strategies for that; I haven't seen any 'concrete' advice. With Hex-a-Gone, there are a few things you can do. Drop to the bottom as soon as the match starts and clear out the bottom layer, although more people know of that now so if you see someone else doing it, stop off on the second to final layer; but you can also just jump off each section when it changes colour right before it disappears. It might take awhile but you can get into a rhythm with it. May not help you all the time with everyone else running around but you do what you can. You need to adapt very fast and think way ahead for where you want to jump next. Check in with the game regularly. They started doing 'Trials' where the entire game mode was just the final as 2 normal matches and then 1 final round. I got a couple wins on the Hex-a-Gone trials. On April Fools they had a one round game where it was just 24 people in Royal Fumble, not easy to get a win but someone had to. Easy when the first match is the final each time!

All in all, it's random at the end of the day. The first time I came first in a race was while I was taunting on Wall Guys of all things and when that comes up in the rotation I usually go 'it's over'. Yeah, I usually get randoms in Squads that are useless but last night I got two wins back to back. I got a win on Royal Fumble and Jump Showdown with a fan, which I thought would never happen. 

I have played for hundreds of hours though, mostly to get to Level 40 each time but it's getting a general understanding for how each game plays but it's a lot of luck. The game isn't easy, I don't care what anyone else says. Maybe that's why it didn't stick around in popularity for long. Lol.

• Like 1

On 29.3.2021 at 3:32 PM, mumik08 said:

Winning in Squad Show is easy with a group of 4 skilled players. I got the last three wins with randoms and the plat yesterday. Boosting Infallible trophy this weekend with a big crowd here: https://discord.gg/wEbEFXzzkM

It's very good organized group but you need to put in around 20 hours before it's your turn. They helped more than 200 people get Infallible past 3-4 weeks.

On 3.4.2021 at 7:25 PM, Lianco said:

With Hex-a-Gone, there are a few things you can do. Drop to the bottom as soon as the match starts and clear out the bottom layer, although more people know of that now so if you see someone else doing it, stop off on the second to final layer; but you can also just jump off each section when it changes colour right before it disappears. It might take awhile but you can get into a rhythm with it. May not help you all the time with everyone else running around but you do what you can. You need to adapt very fast and think way ahead for where you want to jump next.

This is not a good advice on Hexagon. Dropping down immediately may bring you a win if you're lucky but most of the time it does not because there will be people above you. Some will fall down stealing your tiles or worse hitting you while falling and rather sooner than later you have no tiles left to go and the people still above have all the advantage.

I get many wins on that final because I stay on top of people and slowly work my way down. Slowly jumping is the key and beware of your surroundings. If necessary you need to run up some tiles to get rid of your opponent and to make yourself a save space of tiles to jump. Always have the next layer in view so that you can jump down to where tiles are left and hopefully not occupied by some other player. Otherwise you just need to get good at jumping. If you are able to jump over two missing tiles and get back on your feet fast to do the next jump it helps big times and often makes the difference between winning and not winning. Of course some of the advices are difficult to follow if shit goes crazy with a lot of players and sometimes you need a good portion of luck as well but overall this is how you should tackle Hexagon.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Savyna said:

This is not a good advice on Hexagon. Dropping down immediately may bring you a win if you're lucky but most of the time it does not because there will be people above you. Some will fall down stealing your tiles or worse hitting you while falling and rather sooner than later you have no tiles left to go and the people still above have all the advantage.

I get many wins on that final because I stay on top of people and slowly work my way down. Slowly jumping is the key and beware of your surroundings. If necessary you need to run up some tiles to get rid of your opponent and to make yourself a save space of tiles to jump. Always have the next layer in view so that you can jump down to where tiles are left and hopefully not occupied by some other player. Otherwise you just need to get good at jumping. If you are able to jump over two missing tiles and get back on your feet fast to do the next jump it helps big times and often makes the difference between winning and not winning. Of course some of the advices are difficult to follow if shit goes crazy with a lot of players and sometimes you need a good portion of luck as well but overall this is how you should tackle Hexagon.

Well, the videos I saw showed people dropping to the bottom and then making a huge circle that people fall in and it’s worked for me lots of times. Can only speak from experience. 

I certainly wouldn’t say it’s the premium strat and I said if you see others do it then stop it, but it has worked. Most of the time I just slowly jump to each tile. 

8 hours ago, Lianco said:

Well, the videos I saw showed people dropping to the bottom and then making a huge circle that people fall in and it’s worked for me lots of times. Can only speak from experience. 

I certainly wouldn’t say it’s the premium strat and I said if you see others do it then stop it, but it has worked. Most of the time I just slowly jump to each tile. 

Aren't these videos all from the first months of the game when people weren't that good in general? I remember some posts on this site recommending a video with that strategy.

I've won 90% of the time in the first couple of months without a strategy just by jumping and not running like a panicked chicken ?. Now you have to put much more effort into the game to reach a final and get a win.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, this game has been out for months now and people have been playing religiously, so don't play to win. Play to have fun. It will be awhile before you're on the same page as the rest of the crowd. Some players have no contact patterns, glitches and exploits down. Some just have really bad internet which gives them an unfair advantage and some honestly just play dirty, which when combined with the previous issue (the bad internet) has them grabbing people from across the screen making it impossible to avoid. If you want to check out my playlist of my luckier runs, here's the link.

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (Big Tease Achievement) - YouTube

And yes, despite what people say, you need a healthy mix of luck and skill. Keep trying and just enjoy the game.

Edited by CuteBoringLove

On 29/03/2021 at 8:34 PM, ShahinMiah said:

The answer is in your question.

Yes, but no...
I can get to the final a lot. IF I get lucky and the team games are on my side.
The finals can just screw you up. One person grabbing you or you dropping into a spot that isn't there, being TOO quick for the crown, etc etc.

Skill is a massive part, but you need that luck there too.

With a smaller community and a lot of veterans in this game, getting the first win is going to be very tough, I only got 4 wins back in season 3 and this season got only 2 wins in the main show so far.

Like most have said here, you'll need skill and some luck especially at the finals, not panicking too much and getting nervous will make the win easier to get.

Watch video guides and tips for different courses and game modes. There are streamers out there who have gotten 8x wins in a row on skill alone, check out their clips, listen to what they're thinking during different parts of the matches.

Your best bet is to continue to practice, watch a few videos, and get used to the mechanics of the game, I have 300 crowns on PC and the Plat on PS, Literally comes down to a lot of practice, and slowing down and just noticing how people are getting so far ahead or what they are using, worst comes to worst you watch some youtube on how to do certain things, better to go slowly than to try and rush and fail (Except for Fall Mountain lol)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eraezr said:

Watch video guides and tips for different courses and game modes. There are streamers out there who have gotten 8x wins in a row on skill alone, check out their clips, listen to what they're thinking during different parts of the matches.

Stop encouraging the toxic idea that skill = wins when people literally come up and grab you in jump club making the final 2 a lottery ?

Experience will get you past the first three stages and stop you from getting eliminated early in the finals, but it's pretty much a crap shoot other than that.

Not to mention the fact that every time I stream this and play with viewers, they're trying to sabotage other players for me and throwing the game at the end if it's just us two or if I get eliminated early they want to back out because they're normally asked to. It's super weird and I wouldn't take streamers who have a lot of wins too seriously.

Edited by CuteBoringLove

1 hour ago, CuteBoringLove said:

Stop encouraging the toxic idea that skill = wins when people literally come up and grab you in jump club making the final 2 a lottery 1f605.png

Experience will get you past the first three stages and stop you from getting eliminated early in the finals, but it's pretty much a crap shoot other than that.

Not to mention the fact that every time I stream this and play with viewers, they're trying to sabotage other players for me and throwing the game at the end if it's just us two or if I get eliminated early they want to back out because they're normally asked to. It's super weird and I wouldn't take streamers who have a lot of wins too seriously.

Being lucky is a skill in of itself B)