In light of the PS3 PlayStation Store shutdown on 7/3/21, if you have this game....

POEman553

8 minutes ago, jimbob12345678 said:

I was waiting for a sale on the DLC characters since launch and as far as I know it never happened. Looks like I'll never get them now!

Thanks NIS ;)

Ya, same here, but I gave up waiting and bite the bullet a few years ago... all for having all Disgaea 100%, just for them to not release D6 on PS4 in the west... (well, I'm also missing D4 on PS4, but that's just the vita version on console..)

1 minute ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Ya, same here, but I gave up waiting and bite the bullet a few years ago... all for having all Disgaea 100%, just for them to not release D6 on PS4 in the west... (well, I'm also missing D4 on PS4, but that's just the vita version on console..)

Yeah I thought about it tbh, but my account will never be fully 100% anyway so I'm alright being stubborn about it. NIS games have somewhat fallen out of favour with me for the most part too since the PS4 era. Don't enjoy them like I used to.

43 minutes ago, jimbob12345678 said:

Yeah I thought about it tbh, but my account will never be fully 100% anyway so I'm alright being stubborn about it. NIS games have somewhat fallen out of favour with me for the most part too since the PS4 era. Don't enjoy them like I used to.

I understand you, I think that on PS4 I only played Disgaea 5 as far as NISA games go, although I have a few others on my backlog.

And in my case I just wanted to 100% the franchise EU releases, there's no way that I can get my account to 100% because of impossible trophies as well as skill and time.

7 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I understand you, I think that on PS4 I only played Disgaea 5 as far as NISA games go, although I have a few others on my backlog.

And in my case I just wanted to 100% the franchise EU releases, there's no way that I can get my account to 100% because of impossible trophies as well as skill and time.

Fair enough. It's pretty sad to me actually that the one disgaea game I won't 100% is my favourite one! :P

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I'm willing to bet D6 makes it to PS4 in the west after a year. There seems to be some sort of exclusivity agreement between NISA and Nintendo of America for NIS games. Just trying to keep the hope alive.

8 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Might be a blessing in disguise. Disgaea 6 wasn't very received by fans.

Will get it on Switch still, since I'm a bitch

Honestly this DLC existing has bothered me for a long time, but around a month or 2 ago I decided I'd pick up one or two characters every time I bought something from the US store so I could spread the cost. But now I'm just accepting this as unobtainable - I have online trophies I can't get anyway so I'll never have 100% on my account, but I just can't justify spending this much on next to no content in one hit.

36 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

How about Disgaea 3 and 4 on vita? Do you need anything from the dlcs in order to get the platinum? I checked the trophy guides but i think they are for the ps3 versions which aren't the same

For D4, definitely not as I did that recently. As far as I'm aware, nothing is needed for D3 either but I haven't done it myself. 

• Like 1

Just now, BeautifulTorment said:

The DLCs are built into the vita lists I believe.

I can't check atm since i don't have them installed (they are 3.5 gb each i think).

Disgaea 3 in vita has a different name form the ps3 version, vita is Absence of Detention, ps3 is Absence of Justice.

I'll pm some of the latest achievers

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Stupid thread title in light of the not-shutdown lol xD

The thread title was at the time that Sony was considering shutting down the PlayStation Store on PS3/Vita, which is still up (for now). That may still be a problem in the not-to-distant future.

• 1 year later...
On 6/18/2022 at 9:49 AM, SegaJAM said:

Nope. It already existed on PS Now for years and simply transitioned into PS+ Premium. It doesn't contain any of the dlc.

Welp.  That answers that question. ;_;  I have been playing the game via PS Plus Premium which means no DLC for me.  I do have a question, though.  If the game is available digitally, would it be possible to transfter the PS Plus save to a local copy of the game?

24 minutes ago, LordBilbanes said:

Welp.  That answers that question. ;_;  I have been playing the game via PS Plus Premium which means no DLC for me.  I do have a question, though.  If the game is available digitally, would it be possible to transfter the PS Plus save to a local copy of the game?

Yes. You'll have to use the cloud to upload and then download.

The PS3 on premium is like a weird remote desktop kinda thing