Vita Unobtainables - Messages Shutting Down

Afro_Gear

3 minutes ago, wafflestomper810 said:

At least Foul Play can still be played on PS4.

The problem though, is the PS4 servers are unbelievably knackered so the only way you could get the online trophy done (at least the only one I know of) was to install the game on your Vita and invite yourself into a match :(.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

The problem though, is the PS4 servers are unbelievably knackered so the only way you could get the online trophy done (at least the only one I know of) was to install the game on your Vita and invite yourself into a match :(.

The guide on this site suggests the trophy can be done in offline MP with a second controller.  Can anyone clarify?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

It'll be interesting to see if they plan on fixing this or just a lot of Vita games are going to be dead.

not realy those vita games will be dead  sony doesnt care they dont care bout online trophies anyway

Edited by Stevieboy

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

Well that sucks, hopefully it  isn't the only way.  I was able to help another player with the trophy, but was unable to get it myself as I didn't have a team charm.

I just hopped in to check and it seems to have both invites and a public lobby system from what I could tell. I wasn't able to investigate further (there weren't any lobbies), but if people can join from the lobby menu it should be fine. Inviting players does indeed send a message though, similar to what I remember of Little Deviants.

11 hours ago, RNumbers said:

The guide on this site suggests the trophy can be done in offline MP with a second controller.  Can anyone clarify?

The trophy list is shared on PSVita and PS4 so if you have the PS4 version you can play couch co-op/ offline multiplayer to self-boost it.

Typically when a guide is written for a game it might be shared multiple lists or versions not just shared lists. So usually if you read he start of the guide most will say what system they wrote their guide based on. Others might outline an alternate solution depending on connection methods between Vita/PS3/PS4

I think the god awful sending a message system used in Pure Chess for Vita is already broken as it uses a weird variant of that "Near" messaging system.

I boosted on that years ago and it was a pain to get working then, and that was when Vita and the store was a lot more functional than it is now. Could be wrong though

Edited by enaysoft

10 hours ago, jgm4789 said:

Its utter horseshit they are doing this to be honest. The least they could have done is make it so that messages set from vita can only be seen on the vita like how they did it with the ps3 a while back.

agreed I have a group there with my 2 bets friends  I dont have or want a smartphone so it was an easy way to keep in contatc with them post new stuff we got etc

realy disheartening losing that tbf:(

• Like 1