Afro_Gear

Vita Unobtainables - Messages Shutting Down

177 posts in this topic

The rocketbirds trophy guide says it can be done in adhoc. Does the adhoc method still use invites?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Games that comes to mind immediately:

 

Reality fighter trophy that require fight 5 friends in 1 hour.

 

Doa5 plus throwdown related

 

Will update more as I look my library later...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Is anyone able to test the Vita EDF games?

What needs to be tested? Everything should be fine, it has regular lobbies in it, so invites not being available is fine

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

What needs to be tested? Everything should be fine, it has regular lobbies in it, so invites not being available is fine

The invite system is what I was thinking off but since there are actual servers, I don't need to worry :).

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The invite system is what I was thinking off but since there are actual servers, I don't need to worry :).

Yep, every EDF game has the same player hosted lobby style 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, EdinhoN said:

A (probably) incomplete list of Vita online trophies flagged at truetrophies can be found here:

https://www.(URL not allowed)/playstationtrophies.aspx#

 

 

 

Several of these don't need invites though. Not sure exactly what that list is. 

 

Edit: Oh if these are just games with online trophies that makes sense. Thanks!

Edited by Afro_Gear
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

The trophy list is shared on PSVita and PS4 so if you have the PS4 version you can play couch co-op/ offline multiplayer to self-boost it.

 

Typically when a guide is written for a game it might be shared multiple lists or versions not just shared lists. So usually if you read he start of the guide most will say what system they wrote their guide based on. Others might outline an alternate solution depending on connection methods between Vita/PS3/PS4

 

I understand it's a shared list and guide. My point was that if there remains a way to get the trophy it surely doesn't need to be on this list. What Hunting Fever said seemed at odds with the guide so I was hoping someone with first hand knowledge could confirm the two controller method works on PS4.

 

Edit: it's also cross buy, I believe. I understand its inclusion in the list, but if the ps4 local method works I do think it's a lower priority than some of the other items.

Edited by RNumbers
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drive Girls and Ragnarok Odyssey can be done in ad-hoc

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Drive Girls and Ragnarok Odyssey can be done in ad-hoc

Drive Girls from what I can see can all be done solo too

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DEI2EK said:

Drive Girls from what I can see can all be done solo too

Yep, you can start matches by yourself

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

 

Several of these don't need invites though. Not sure exactly what that list is. 

 

Edit: Oh if these are just games with online trophies that makes sense. Thanks!

It's a list of the games we should all double check to guarantee there's no invite needed.

I own a few games there, which I'll be testing soon.

Edited by EdinhoN
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

The rocketbirds trophy guide says it can be done in adhoc. Does the adhoc method still use invites?

 

So I popped my physical copy in and can confirm it has an adhoc mode. So it should still be obtainable post shutdown. More annoying to get but doable.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

 

So I popped my physical copy in and can confirm it has an adhoc mode. So it should still be obtainable post shutdown. More annoying to get but doable.

 

I think it needs tested. The trophy says "invite a friend". You cannot invite in ad hoc, only Join or Host. It might work, but it very well might not. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

 

I think it needs tested. The trophy says "invite a friend". You cannot invite in ad hoc, only Join or Host. It might work, but it very well might not. 

Yea if I remember correctly it has to be done thru invite, But than again I didn’t have anyone close to me that had a vita and Rocketbirds to try ad-hoc... guess some1 can try it out and report back, but that’s like a 2-3 hr waste if it doesn’t work

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RNumbers said:

 

I understand it's a shared list and guide. My point was that if there remains a way to get the trophy it surely doesn't need to be on this list. What Hunting Fever said seemed at odds with the guide so I was hoping someone with first hand knowledge could confirm the two controller method works on PS4.

 

Edit: it's also cross buy, I believe. I understand its inclusion in the list, but if the ps4 local method works I do think it's a lower priority than some of the other items.

It actually should still be included on the list regardless if it's obtainable in the PS4. This is specifically about the PS Vita title itself and the PS Vita title won't be obtainable clarity is important in this situation as someone might have started this game on Vita and possibly not have access to a PS4.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, this can be done with 2 Vita and 1 account by using ad-hoc. I don't remember if I used message. I log into both of Vita with same account, and using ad-hoc to get trophy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2021 at 5:58 AM, HuntingFever said:

The problem though, is the PS4 servers are unbelievably knackered so the only way you could get the online trophy done (at least the only one I know of) was to install the game on your Vita and invite yourself into a match :(.


God damnit I really need to get this one done already. I’m one trophy away from the plat and it’s been sitting like that for years 😣

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

- Samurai Warriors 4-II on Vita has no online

13 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

A (probably) incomplete list of Vita online trophies flagged at truetrophies can be found here:

https://www.(URL not allowed)/playstationtrophies.aspx#

 

- @field

- Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!

- Asphalt Injection

- Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation

- Assault Gunners

- Atomic Ninjas

- Best of Board Games

- BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma

- BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma EXTEND

- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND

- Bodycheck

- Cladun Retunrs: This Is Sengoku!

- Dead Nation

- Dead or Alive 5 Plus

- Deception IV: Blood Ties

- Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess

- Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax

- Desert Ashes

- Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth

- Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory

- Dino Dini's Kick Off Revival

- Divekick

- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z

- Dragons Online

- Drive Girls

- Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition

- Dungeon Hunter: Alliance

- Dustforce

- Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space

- Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable

- Ecolibrium

- Foosball 2012

- Freedom Wars

- Frozen Synapse Prime

- Fruit Ninja

- Garou: mark of the Wolves

- Grand Kingdom

- Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f

- Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f 2nd

- Helldivers

- Infinita Strada

- Infinita Strada Hana

- Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition

- Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2012

- Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2012 Definitive Edition

- Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge

- J-STARS Victory VS+

- Killzone: Mercenary

- Little Deviants

- LittleBigPlanet

- Malicious Rebirth

- Mecho Wars: Desert Ashes

- Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition

- Mortal Kombat

- MotoGP 13

- MotoGP 13 Compact

- MotoGP 14

- MotoGP 14 Compact

- MotorStorm RC

- MXGP - The Official Motocross Videogame Compact

- MXGP - The Official Motocross Videogame

- Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics

- Natural Doctrine

- Need For Speed Most Wanted

- Nidhogg

- Nuclear Throne

- OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood

- One Piece: Burning Blood

- Phantasy Star Online 2

- PIX the CAT

- PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate

- Pocket God vs. Desert Ashes

- Pox Nora

- PulzAR

- Pure Chess

- Puyo Puyo Tetris

- Ragnarok Odyssey

- Ragnarok Odyssey ACE

- Rally Copters

- Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

- Reality Fighters

- Resistance: Burning Skies

- Ridge Racer

- Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken

- Run Like Hell!

- Samurai Shodown V Special

- Samurai Warriors 4-II

- Silent Hill: Book of Memories

- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

- Soul Sacrifice Delta

- Star Wars Pinball

- STAY

- Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones

- Street Fighter X Tekken

- SunFlowers

- Super Exploding Zoo

- Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz

- Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted

- Switch Galaxy Ultra

- Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

- Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

- Talisman: Digital Edition

- THE KING OF FIGHTERS '97 GLOBAL MATCH

- Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle

- Toukiden 2

- Toukiden: Kiwami

- Toukiden: The Age of Demons

- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

- Unit 13

- Utakumi 575

- Valhalla Knights 3

- Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition

- Wake-up Club

- When Vikings Attack!

- Windjammers

- Worms Revolution Extreme

- WRC 3: FIA World Rally Championship

- WRC 4: FIA World Rally Championship

- Zen Pinball 2

- Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Warriors Orochi 3 has online trophies. Not sure why it isn't on that list.

Well, I guess right now, we're all in a scramble to quickly identify which is which.

 

I was about to say Samurai Warriors 4-II has no online trophies.

 

But it does have one of those weird "highscore" trophies (a bit like Lolly Pop Chainsaw on PS3) where you sync with some unknown server which if I recall is nothing to do with Sony but a data server at Koei Tecmo. Those kind of trophies really are awful though, especially when the platinum is on a 100% offline game but has a stupid online syncer trophy.

Samurai Warriors 4-II supports online player but is not required (A bit like Resident Evil 5, 6 style games)

Warriors Orochi 3 however has online battles that you need to win...

 

Does anyone know why " Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f 2nd " is on this list?

I have it but have not yet played it, I don't see anywhere why it would have online, as the 1st game had none (Same goes for Hatsune Miku X)

 

[edit] Oh I see it now, there is a trophy

 

Community Presence

You earned the title "Community Presence"!

-----

Lame....

 

Edited by enaysoft
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Wait, Foul Play has an online trophy?

 

Gotta check it out now and go for it if that's the case.

 

By the way, there are games like Reality Fighters which are available physically but requires an online pass. I suppose redeeming an online pass code from a new physical copy (if it brings said code) will be impossible after the store shutdowns.

 

Edit:

 

So I get "Team Player" I'll be safe, right? Can it be earned from the get go?

Edited by Deceptrox
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

Wait, Foul Play has an online trophy?

 

Gotta check it out now and go for it if that's the case.

 

By the way, there are games like Reality Fighters which are available physically but requires an online pass. I suppose redeeming an online pass code from a new physical copy (if it brings said code) will be impossible after the store shutdowns.

 

Edit:

 

So I get "Team Player" I'll be safe, right? Can it be earned from the get go?


I can confirm that Team Player is the only trophy required for “online play” hence why I don’t have it. Though I’d like to point out that there is a local co-op option and that’s apparently supposed to pop the trophy also.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

By the way, there are games like Reality Fighters which are available physically but requires an online pass. I suppose redeeming an online pass code from a new physical copy (if it brings said code) will be impossible after the store shutdowns.

 

Would you not just be able to redeem codes via the PS4, PS5 or the regular Web store?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.