Can someone explain to me what's needed to plat this game?

IntroPhenom

The PS3 store going away has made me itchy and nervous about missing out on games I intended to one day play, and that includes several LEGO games.  Searching for LEGO Dimensions yielded no results in the store, however, so now I'm brimming with curiosity.  I see used copies of the game on eBay for cheap (around 10 bucks), but isn't there additional stuff or something that's also needed to play?  Or perhaps there's a way around that?

p.s. Please don't suggest I just go Google it or anything.  I'd like to hear from those in the know, not just read an article.

The game is physical only, because you need to use the portal thing to switch discs while playing.

To platinum the game, you only need a copy of the game and the discs of the three main characters who can be seen here:

Spoiler

MV5BMjkwYWYxZmQtNmUzMy00ZjI0LTg0YzUtZDVh

And a blank disc to upload vehicles onto.

Discs belonging to other characters will help make things easier, but I don't believe they're required for the platinum, just the DLC trophies. The DLC shouldn't be affected by the store going down, because they're downloaded ingame when the discs are used on the portal, and I think bypass the store. 

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 3/29/2021 at 4:25 PM, Shadiochao said:

Discs belonging to other characters will help make things easier, but I don't believe they're required for the platinum, just the DLC trophies. The DLC shouldn't be affected by the store going down, because they're downloaded ingame when the discs are used on the portal, and I think bypass the store. 

That was my exact question.   So the DLC packs are removed from the store yet if you actually had the toy character with its little disc on the bottom, couldn't you put that on the portal and have the game put that DLC character in the game for you...allowing you to go to other worlds??

I Recently got 100% for this game you need the charecter tags and you need to install year 2 content as it isnt on the disk also when i was going for 100% I had to get all the level/story packs i have 1 story pack not work and had a bad toy tag and had to get another one just a warning 

• Like 2

After reading through I’m still a bit unclear on what you need to 100%. I’m assuming you need to buy all the DLC story packs which would cost quite a bit. If there is a less expensive way which would involve just getting one character from each pack or something of that nature, please let me know.

20 hours ago, Retrogamer125 said:

I Recently got 100% for this game you need the charecter tags and you need to install year 2 content as it isnt on the disk also when i was going for 100% I had to get all the level/story packs i have 1 story pack not work and had a bad toy tag and had to get another one just a warning 

Where did you buy what you needed to buy?

• Like 1

if you are buying them nowadays, I presume Ebay would be your best bet. I still need to eventually get around buying 10 further packs or at least having the character discs. Well I miss 33 trophies because I have an unused portal 2 box chilling in my house, so I could get those trophies at any time.

Edited by Pieroluc

1 hour ago, LegendExeter said:

You cannot buy the packs on the PSN store in NA.  That's what I'm basically asking here, if I buy the toy character will it allow me access to those HUB Worlds in the game?

If not that's fine, I'm just wondering if it is possible or not.

Yeah, all you need is the one character from each Level Pack to unlock the Level. (You also need a vehicle tag, but you can keep overwriting it.)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm curious to know since buying all the characters individually for the DLC could get expensive.  Would anyone that has the 100 % and the figures be willing to rent the figures to other players for a charge?

I don't want to break site rules yet I don't really consider it a purchase.  More like agree on a fee to rent the toys from a player mail the toys/PayPal the money and then return after completion.

I'm solely interested in playing the DLC and have ZERO interest in keeping the toys.  Message me or reply if anyone is interested in doing this.

Edited by LegendExeter