Give a game on your list a true rarity percentage..

iGGTheEnd

Dreams (Currently a 2.25% platinum) - I’m baffled as to how the rarity has remained this low. While you can argue that leveling up to level 30 is a grind, it’s not even the rarest trophy, which comes from recording animation in create mode for about an hour. I say it should really be around 5-6%, rather than 2%.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2021 at 11:59 PM, iGGTheEnd said:

Also just started Dungreed which has only 100 players so it sits at 12 percent but I feel like it is much more difficult than rarity seems to tell.  I would say a true rarity for Dungreed would be around 3 percent if it had a higher player count.

As one of those 100 players I can say that the current challenge isn't getting to the final boss, or doing so with 4 different characters. That's fairly possible with a good ranged weapon and any kind of shield. The Blood item that gives 2HP per crit (once per 0.5second) isn't required despite what most people say. It'll make it stupidly easy yes, but not required.

No, the problem is those trials! The first two are decent "jump quests" reminiscent of Celeste and MapleStory (and Mario elements though), but the third is a slugfest with slow swords and no ranged option. And tons of ranged enemies... feels broken and out of place.

I've seen vids of the fourth (twin stick shooter) and fifth (boss fight) trial and they look pretty doable with the right setup.

Once the trials are over it shouldn't be too hard to get to the hidden final bossfight and kick ass.

I did enjoy my time with the game and will definitely come back to complete the last 3 trials.

Decay Of Logos

A little known game with a unique difficulty curve. This game starts out brutally hard (2-4 hits and you're dead) to ridiculously easy to the point where dying to the semi-final boss has to be done on purpose (standing still for 5 minutes). The only real challenge (once you gained a few levels) is opening all chests.

There's no ingame counter, map, radar, or anything to keep track of which chests you've opened or where they are.

Internet guides are vague or incomplete at best.

The rarity is probably set by the early players (where the game stayed brutal) and by those who were put off by the first few hours. Other than that I'd give it at least 20-30%, instead of the 5% on PSNP and 0.9% by PSN.

It may sound cliche, but if it had the same playerbase as most Soulsborne games it would have an even higher completion rate.

Smoke And Sacrifice

It's a wonderful isometric adventure RPG with some crafting elements. All the platinum requires is the story, defeat some tough enemies, complete a bunch of side quests (only a few missable if you progress too far into the story), use certain items.. nothing too out of the ordinary or too grindy.

Short of simply dropping the game it should have quite a high completion rate.

Hammerwatch

A twin stick adventure with pixel graphics and RPG elements. There's two campaigns, each with an array of unique bosses and areas.

A third, short, campaign is the Survival mode where you 'farm' money to get upgrades to fight the one boss strong enough to win.

The rarity is probably set by having to do both campaigns and survival mode with a buddy.

There's also the trophies related to doing each mode on Hard and Medium (they do not stack).

One solution to the lack of a buddy is a second controller, letting your buddy die until there's no spare lives left and run through the game solo. The tricky part is not dying.

Natural playthroughs are likely not going to get you the 1000-kills combo, and the half million coins will require a few more playthroughs than the 6-9 you already have to do.

I'd still think this should be somewhere towards 10-15% though. Not at 1%.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors

A musou game based on the anime. Like most in its kind it's fairly easy to run through and get all story related trophies. The "use move X on enemy Y" is easy enough, as are some event-specific ones.

The true horror of this game lies hidden in activating all the Skills. These are activated by grouping coins of certain characters together in your "skill box". The coins are randomly given from a pool of coins specific to each level.

There's no telling which coin is in which pool so good luck with getting the one you need.

Then there's the "play with a friend" coins that require online play. Luckily online play is co-op so that's a plus.

The other platinum barring trophy is defeating 100k enemies. This is super grindy. Even with levels that have 1000 enemies they still take (iIRC) some 20-30 minutes to complete. That's 35-50 hours right there.

I'd place this 9.5% platinum somewhere down the mid to lower UR range, simply because of the random coins.

Nice thread, here are my picks: I report the rarity as the moment of writing.

Ape Escape 2: 6.00%

Way too low: besides some misc easy Trophies, the others are all story related, and the only ones that may be a little tricky require you to beat the game 100% by capturing every single monkey (Not required to beat the main game itself), and then to do it once more by using another character (Gameplay-wise, nothing changes). Considering that the game is nearly 20 years old, that it really is not a difficult one, and that is not so long either, I think it's way rarer than it should be. It should be noted that the Trophy requiring you to beat the game 100% for the second time is glitched, but considering the existing workarounds (PS+ Cloud Saves or beating the game for a third time as I did), I still believe that 6% is ridicolously low. 13-14% should be fine for me.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse: 3.41%

This one should be even rarer: there are two Trophies that are basically RNG and require you to beat every single Parallel Quest for multiple times, until you obtain the desired Special and/or Ultimate Attack: wheter they drop at the 1st try or at the 487465th try is completely random, and there are a total of 55 Parallel Quests... There is, however, a DLC that sometimes changes the RNG in your favour, and you can use it to your advantage and attempt the Parallel Quests when you are told that the chances of getting the desidered attacks are higher; however, it's still really tricky, because in order to activate your "Parallel Quests luck", it may take you one minute just like it can take you one hour of going back and forth from the HUB to the Parallel Quests menu, it is RNG itself; also, not to mention that after you have bought the DLC, in order to activate the luck RNG increase, you need to level up your character to level 95, which is a huge grind and takes hours and hours of grinding. And in the end, even if you are told that the chances of getting the desired items are high, you may still get nothing from the Parallel Quests. So yeah, this should be a 1/1.5% rarity Platinum, the players who got it before that DLC was released should stop Trophy hunting and win daily lotteries. :P

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout: 1.37%

Another rare Platinum that should be even rarer, and the reason is simple: a lot of players cheated on the Infallible Trophy using the exploit. Considering, however, that there is a huge gap between the earners of the Platinum and of the Infallible Trophy, likely formed by very lucky/skilled players who have no interest in Trophies and got Infallible in the very earlier days of the game when almost everyone was bad at the game, I think that the Platinum should be rarer but not that much: I think 1.15/1.20% could be fine. Not that much, but I still wanted to say it.

Jak II and Jak 3 (Ps4 Versions): 49.69% and 35.35%

It is possible to obtain these two Platinums in few minutes each by using debug mode, and that obviously inflated their rarities due to players buying these two games just to get easy Platinums. To have an idea of more likely rarities, the Ps3 and PsVita versions of these two games are at 18-11% for Jak 2 and at 21-13% for Jak 3: considering the difficulty on the games themselves, I think that they are fair rarities. Not to mention, however, that it is still possible to obtain the Precursor Orbs collectable Trophies by using a glitch: it takes some time to pull it off, but it is way faster than actually finding/obtaining them. If it wasn't for that glitch, the rarity would surely decrease even more, at around 6-7%, expecially considering that some of these Precursor Orbs are missable.

Ratchet & Clank: 27.29%

Similar to Fall Guys, every Trophy is not hard to earn besides one, that requires to obtain a total of 1.000.000 Bolts: it has never been confirmed but, by judging by the Trophy icon, it is likely that the Trophy required to get only 100.000 Bolts, not 1.000.000, and that they made a mistake that was never fixed. Getting 1.000.000 is, to say the least, pure uthopia, and to actually get it you either had to beat the game multiple times, farm the same sections of the game for countless hours, or exploit the Trophy with a glitch while being away from the console. And even by considering the least painful option (Grinding away from the console), it takes various hours, and should give you an idea for how problematic the Trophy was: a never intended amount of Bolts to be obtained thanks to the exploit of a never intended glitch. I don't understand how this Trophy is just slightly rarer than any easy Skill Point related Trophy of this game, I think the Platinum rarity would be fair if the Trophy actually required to obtain the 100.000 intended Bolts. Platinum rarity should be around 15% to say the least.

Sound Shapes: 27.02% (16.99%)

Considering how most Trophies are extremely easy to obtain thanks to guides and that this game can be stacked for multiple times, I don't understand how it is not in the 80-90% Platinum rarity range. Apparently, everyone who wanted easy Trophies was too busy getting Jak 2 and Jak 3 Platinums :lol:

Yeah, the title of thread is "Give A game [...], I got too far :P