Post your most recommended PS3/Vita titles to buy before it's all gone forever!

Alos88

Hey, I figured we could use a thread for games worth grabbing before the entirety of the PS3/Vita back catalogue is unpurchasable forever, for those that may have missed out on something or are worried there are hidden gems they'll have overlooked.
I'm going to start with the Alien Breed Trilogy, a handful of topdown shooters in an arcadey style. You'll need a friend to get a few of these, and they can be a little stressful, but as far as shooters go they're breezy and fun, if a little simple.

• Like 2

Commenting for Vita recommendation... I want some digital only gems for Vita personally, I'll also throw in a couple of recommendations myself.

-Killzone Mercenaries

-Soul Sacrifice/Delta

-Severed

-Muramasa Rebirth

-Uncharted Golden Abyss

36 minutes ago, bc-games said:

- Asura's Wrath dlc which is literally the real ending.
- Dead Space 2 dlc Severed
- Dead Space 3 dlc Awakening
- Drakengard 3 dlc prologue of all sisters
- Metal Gear Rising dlc ( Jetstream, BladeWolf and VR)
- Dragon Age Origins all dlc
- Deadly premonition director's cut because retail version is too expensive
- Alice madness returns retail version is too expensive (Grab the free dlc, the prequel of this game)

Correct me if im wrong, but Dragon age origins exists in a physical version with all dlc on disc

12 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

Correct me if im wrong, but Dragon age origins exists in a physical version with all dlc on disc

There's something wrong with the ostagar dlc on that, you were able to contact them back in the day and they'd give you a code so you could download it for free but I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed. You have to buy it these days. It will be lost once it closes

Just now, Cleggworth said:

There's something wrong with the ostagar dlc on that, you were able to contact them back in the day and they'd give you a code so you could download it for free but I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed. You have to buy it these days. It will be lost once it closes

Really? I never knew that, and i still have it as an unfinished game on my list. Thanks for the heads up

Just now, Hvalpen said:

Really? I never knew that, and i still have it as an unfinished game on my list. Thanks for the heads up

I've just looked it up to refresh my memory and it's only the EU version affected so if that's you you'd need to pick it up separately. I'd definitely check it out regardless. This is exactly the kind of thing that is gonna slip through the cracks and upset a lot of people

20 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

I've just looked it up to refresh my memory and it's only the EU version affected so if that's you you'd need to pick it up separately. I'd definitely check it out regardless. This is exactly the kind of thing that is gonna slip through the cracks and upset a lot of people

Our only hope now is that the success of the ME Collection inspires EA to do the same for DA, but I doubt it. Origins looks way too rough compared to the rest, they'd either need to remake it or use the pc version as a base instead.

Also thanks for the link fbdbh!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

Our only hope now is that the success of the ME Collection inspires EA to do the same for DA, but I doubt it. Origins looks way too rough compared to the rest, they'd either need to remake it or use the pc version as a base instead.

Also thanks for the link fbdbh!

Oh I agree, I revisited Inquisition recently to finish up those trial trophies they added in the DLC and i enjoyed it so much. I would definitely play them all again. Like you said though, Origins would need a LOT of work 

Tales of Hearts R.  Vita exclusive and it also only got a limited physical print run so those will get very expensive once it's no longer available digitally.

Also wouldn't be a bad idea to list PS1 and PS2 classics and PSP games that are worthwhile even if those lack trophies.  Some of those games are incredibly hard to find physical copies of even if someone has the original systems.  My recommendations for those would be Suikoden 1-3 and Arc the Lad 1-3.

• Like 2

I highly recommend getting the titles of the Tales series that are not on PS4 or PC:

Tales of Graces f - PS3

Tales of Xillia - PS3

Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles - PS3

Tales of Hearts R - Vita

Tales of Xillia is my favorite game of all time and this makes me very sad that people won't even be able to play it now.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BiggerManDan said:

Can recommend some Playstation nostalgia... You can find these physically too but are already or will be expensive (PLUS these are cross-buy too so you are getting PS3 and Vita versions in one):

Jak and Daxter Trilogy

Ratchet and Clank Trilogy

Sly Cooper Trilogy - Sly 3 of this trilogy for the Vita is only available digitally as well as it is not included on the physical version.

Just a note to all German players: These are not available as a bundle in the German store. Why? Because of reasons. But they are fairly cheap in the NA store (Sly: 14,99, Jak: 9,99, Ratchet: 19,99). The retail versions are much more expensive.

Correction: The bundles are in fact on the German store. However, they're much more expensive compared to the NA prices (currently 24,99€ each).

2 hours ago, TalesofGaming said:

I highly recommend getting the titles of the Tales series that are not on PS4 or PC:

Tales of Graces f - PS3

Tales of Xillia - PS3

Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles - PS3

Tales of Hearts R - Vita

Tales of Xillia is my favorite game of all time and this makes me very sad that people won't even be able to play it now.

All of these were released physically.

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

My recommendations for those would be Suikoden 1-3 and Arc the Lad 1-3.

This.

These games command ridiculous prices these days.

Edited by R4M Jolly Monk
  • Like 2