money glitch is still working after 1.2 patch?

Voland44

3 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

The patch list is huge and not sure if anybody has time to read through that, but I managed to catch this

i think thats kinda different. i mean this glitch can duplicate any item at any vendor machine, no?

• Like 1

I read through that long list of patch notes, and in there is a fix for buy back prices. I haven't tested myself but there are videos that show that the painting can be sold for $4000 but the buyback is now $45,000+. You can still get to the duplication screen though. 

https://youtu.be/gOth5Ma6LZ0

Edited by monkeydluffy512

39 minutes ago, monkeydluffy512 said:

I read through that long list of patch notes, and in there is a fix for buy back prices. I haven't tested myself but there are videos that show that the painting can be sold for $4000 but the buyback is now $45,000+. You can still get to the duplication screen though. 

Damn just watched this, well atleast I already finished the game by using this. Sucks for the new people though...

1 hour ago, monkeydluffy512 said:

bruh! glad i turned off auto-updates... now i need only to grind out 50 rep lvl to earn this stupid "all cars" ? trophy, and contunue my normal playthrough 

14 minutes ago, teddyrules4ever said:

You think the duplication glitch is still possible, if i have the disc version, just uninstall the game and install it again without any updates? I am pretty unsure if my save files will still work...

usally game saves from new version doesnt work on old version. you should have some backup for sure

Edited by Voland44

It's quite silly since the whole reason people were happy to use it due to the economy being F'd.

Cars alone - if you go for the trophy or 100% - cost way too much as opposed to what you can earn. And some of them are pointless and you won't use them anyway.

Similar with implants.

I just tested this with the untitled 18 - brancesi 2021 paiting, I sold it for 4000 as I did before the Update and could buy it back for 20, after the Update however the vendor now will sell it back to me for 9000 instead, so it seems they have fixed the buy-back prize for this specific item.

Edited by dj_lalle

15 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

It's quite silly since the whole reason people were happy to use it due to the economy being F'd.

Cars alone - if you go for the trophy or 100% - cost way too much as opposed to what you can earn. And some of them are pointless and you won't use them anyway.

exactly! they still have so much to fix, yet they decided to fix probably the only positive bug in the game... ?

Edited by Voland44
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Patch 1.23

Yesterday I started exploit at 100k and at around 375k i could no longer 'rekill' sasquatch for the bonus... even if i loaded earlier saves it would always cap at 375k. Frustraed, I turned off the system for the night.

Today, I loaded up the latest save (or the one before, tbh I cannot remember now) and the exploit seemed to be back, i could kill sasquatch again. This worked up until I have 675k. Again, loading earler saves and trying again still caps at 675.

I tried restarting my PS5 but no change. I will leave it alone and try again tomorrow to see if waiting a certain amount of time between attempts 'resets' the exploit. Maybe something limits the exploit pay out to 300k per period of time.

I'll update this thread with what happens

• 4 weeks later...

I figured out what was going on. Normally the process is: 1) Kill Sasquatch, 2) see the Eddies transfer, 3) Save, 4) Load that save, repeat. But sometimes when you load the save the game automatically gave you another Eddy payment without you needing to Kill Sasquatch, so those times all i had to do was 3) Save, 4) Load that save. But when I didn't realise this was happening it just looked like the process had stopped working! Hope this helped someone.

• Like 2