How to purchase games owned through ps plus

peckron2

I've been looking through the ps3 and vita stores today for games I want before closure and I realised there are alot of games I have access to through ps plus but I haven't actually purchased. I think I'm right in thinking that ps plus games require annual checks for your license and in the future that may not be possible. When I go on these games on the stores however there is no option to buy them, only download because I'm still subscribed to ps plus. This isnt a huge deal for ps3 as I can make another account and buy the games that way but for vita there is only one account allowed at once on the device. I was wondering if anyone knows how to buy these games when subscribed to ps plus?

If i read my Sony Email you can still download ps+ games on vita as long as you stay a ps+ member. Not Sure how the wording is in english since im from germany. Only thing i dont understand is, if i need to stay ps+ member now forever to have accesw to the games or if i have access to them also if i purchase ps+ after a ps+ break again.

Thanks for your input guys. I'll try get in touch with their support and see what they say. Managed to get a few ps3 games I wanted on disc cheaper already but a fair amount of the vita ones I want are digital only. Hopefully they can delete the ps plus license for certain games from my account I'll let you know if I have any success. Its appalling they've only given us a few months notice I think. If it was a year I could've let the subscription expire and there would be no issue.

On 31-3-2021 at 8:20 AM, Inuty said:

If i read my Sony Email you can still download ps+ games on vita as long as you stay a ps+ member. Not Sure how the wording is in english since im from germany. Only thing i dont understand is, if i need to stay ps+ member now forever to have accesw to the games or if i have access to them also if i purchase ps+ after a ps+ break again.

you have to look a bit more in the future though  at some point your system cant check anymore if you have ps plus. being able to redownload your games is the next option to go away

so if you dont do this now   and at some point the system cant check anymore  your screwed pretty much

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would give an update. After finally hearing back from their support team they said there was nothing they could do. So yeah I'm stuck with all the vita ps plus games so I'll never be able to own some of my favourite vita games for offline play. Been using the ps store for over 10 years now and was even an early plus subscriber in the ps3 days. And for all those years of support we're given barely 5 months notice for the store closure. It really seems like they just want us off these legacy systems. I'm just glad most of my purchases are still physical media.

On 01/04/2021 at 6:39 PM, visvoer18 said:

you have to look a bit more in the future though  at some point your system cant check anymore if you have ps plus. being able to redownload your games is the next option to go away

so if you dont do this now   and at some point the system cant check anymore  your screwed pretty much

This is likely to go down at the same time as not being able to redownload any of your other purchases, and we should get warning of this. At that point, you'll need to download all your fully owned & ps plus games before the switch off.

It's not just PS Plus games that check for a licence. All digital games do this.

On 30/03/2021 at 2:39 PM, peckron2 said:

This isnt a huge deal for ps3 as I can make another account and buy the games that way but for vita there is only one account allowed at once on the device. I was wondering if anyone knows how to buy these games when subscribed to ps plus?

Not sure what your exact situation is with those games. But you could still purchase them on another account and either use the Vita trick to play it on your own account, or reset the Vita to switch accounts when you want to play it. Not ideal, but a workaround if these are digital-only Vita-only games that you want access to without plus.

You could also try escalating a complaint to Sony. No idea what the outcome of this would be, but if some people have had success in the past with getting a licence removed, then it sounds like they can do it, but the support person you got just won't (or doesn't have authority / know how).

If you explain you want to buy the game to keep after your plus expires, and that the store closes before your plus expires so you can't wait, then maybe someone higher up can authorise the licence removal.

On 17-4-2021 at 2:56 AM, peckron2 said:

Thought I would give an update. After finally hearing back from their support team they said there was nothing they could do. So yeah I'm stuck with all the vita ps plus games so I'll never be able to own some of my favourite vita games for offline play. Been using the ps store for over 10 years now and was even an early plus subscriber in the ps3 days. And for all those years of support we're given barely 5 months notice for the store closure. It really seems like they just want us off these legacy systems. I'm just glad most of my purchases are still physical media.

mmm I maybe have a work around I dont know if its possible but hear me out.

is it possible to cancel your ps plus and get refunded? if there are options for that at least even if you don get the refund that might work

you robatly have to call support for that but i think that should work it sucks  not getting what you paid for but its the only thing I can still think off

Edited by visvoer18

1 hour ago, StacFace92 said:

This is likely to go down at the same time as not being able to redownload any of your other purchases, and we should get warning of this. At that point, you'll need to download all your fully owned & ps plus games before the switch off.

It's not just PS Plus games that check for a licence. All digital games do this.

This has been discussed quite extensively. If we reach a point where your system can no longer check into PSN at all, you have a timebomb in your hands. When the system clock dies all (owned & PS+) of your digital purchases will become unplayable even if you've already downloaded them.

If we take it for granted that this is going to happen eventually, there is literally no way to future proof against it save for jailbreaking the system.

Just now, NamoPh said:

This has been discussed quite extensively. If we reach a point where your system can no longer check into PSN at all, you have a timebomb in your hands. When the system clock dies all (owned & PS+) of your digital purchases will become unplayable even if you've already downloaded them.

If we take it for granted that this is going to happen eventually, there is literally no way to future proof against it save for jailbreaking the system.

yeah about that I was wondering the internal batery  the ps3 4 and 5 have

how does the vita fill in that?

I know ps3 physlcal games at leats are save  but how is that on vita?

4 minutes ago, visvoer18 said:

yeah about that I was wondering the internal batery  the ps3 4 and 5 have

how does the vita fill in that?

I know ps3 physlcal games at leats are save  but how is that on vita?

The Vita's BMS saves a small amount of the batteries capacity to do the same thing the PS4, PS4, and PS5's CR2032 battery does.

This is one of the reasons so many people end up with Missing Timestamps on Vitas. But also goes to show a Vita will play games once the battery completely runs out and doesn't connect to PSN.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

The Vita's BMS saves a small amount of the batteries capacity to do the same thing the PS4, PS4, and PS5's CR2032 battery does.

This is one of the reasons so many people end up with Missing Timestamps on Vitas. But also goes to show a Vita will play games once the battery completely runs out and doesn't connect to PSN.

ok so the vita is save at least thats a relievef

I have no interets in ps4 or 5 anyway they can keep their digital crap  even though that means I wont be able to hunt in the future

Well, now that they have announced the stores are staying open we're gonna get the chance to buy any vita games we want an offline licence for. Thanks to everyone that responded, I'm sorry I couldn't confirm whether support are willing to revoke access to ps plus titles, I ended up emailing about five different people some being 'experts'. It might be though that they were informed of the imminent announcement of the store support continuing and didn't feel the need to bother as the situation was about to rectify itself anyway.