Let's save PS Store for PS3, PS Vita and PSP. Update: PS3 and Vita Saved

Lord_BenWon

Honestly, I want the store to stay as well, but it just won't happen. Sony doesn't listen to us, they listen to their bank accounts and it turns out the PS3 and vita stores just aren't making enough anymore despite the fact that there is still quite a large PS3 and Vita player base. Just make sure you buy and the things for your backlog like DLC and stuff so it won't bite you in the ass later. I'm going to be exclusively buying PS3 DLC for games that I have in my backlog that are still attainable and then I'll say my goodbyes to it. 

Although it'll never happen, it would be nice if they did some huge final sale for the PS3 and Vita before the shutdown. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Sony couldn't care less about what the rest of their consumer base might want.

Of course, their focus will be on the PS4 and PS5. But that doesn't mean they need to close the PS Store for the other consoles that are still a considerable amount of people using.

And like you said they are arrogant for being on the top. But if we just ignore this situation they just will be more arrogant in the future.

Even with Sony's lack of attention to their legacy, now it's the most important time to let our voice be heard.

Also, I and others have ask a developer that has a thread in trueachievements "Get Unobtainables Fixed", he has many contacts with developers and publishers and he works with them to fix achievement problems in games.

He said that he will do his best for this situation, but this case is very difficult even for him, so it is important that the community show their interest directly to Sony. He says exactly that in his post.

See: Get Unobtainables Fixed! - Page 55 (trueachievements.com)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Atoya said:

The thing is people are already pissed but Sony DOSEN’T give a fuck, don’t waste your time with this rotten company, they will never listen to us.

This is too true, This is why I've been making a slow transition to PC because online stores like steam will never shut down and I'll never have to worry about a store shutting down, or backward compatibility, everything will be on one system which is the biggest benefit besides the ability to multi-task.

• Like 2

In my opinion what they are doing to the devs seems a little harsh, but again these consoles have had their years and I refuse to think they aren't going to "upgrade" PS Now to support even more PS1,2 and 3 games.

I bet they're going to leave games at full price, then they're gonna announce some kind of service

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Lord_BenWon said:

Of course, their focus will be on the PS4 and PS5. But that doesn't mean they need to close the PS Store for the other consoles that are still a considerable amount of people using.

While I agree with the majority of your points, I think the bold bit above is definitely a stretch. The millions of people who managed to get a PS5 as well as the millions of people who play primarily on PS4 and use the stores/buy games digitally is probably far, far, far higher than the PS3 and Vita stores ever reached even in their peaks. A considerable amount of people to Sony is the 4.5 millions people who bought their latest console, not the likely sub 200,000 people playing on a console 2 generations out of date.

As much as I understand the annoyance about this, and I do think it's disrespectful from Sony with the short window before it does inevitably close, it doesn't really affect me that much as I played the majority of the games I wanted to from that generation back in my 360 days. Also the Vita store is like 90% shovelware and trophy games anyway at this point, I think there's probably like 2/3 must play games on the system tops.

I get people are annoyed, but they must understand that this was always an inevitability. Sony don't want people buying their 15 year old consoles second hand for 60 quid from CEX, when they could stop that being an option and force people to invest in a PS4 at the absolute minimum. Plus, you're not actually losing anything that you already own in the 15 years you've had to be able to buy whatever you want from the PS3 store. In my (probably unpopular) opinion, if you haven't bought a PS3/Vita game already, then you don't really need it and won't be missing out when the store goes down.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Lord_BenWon said:

And like you said they are arrogant for being on the top. But if we just ignore this situation they just will be more arrogant in the future.

Even with Sony's lack of attention to their legacy, now it's the most important time to let our voice be heard.

No, they don't need to close the stores, and they're probably still making profits on them, but they must be peanut sales that don't even register as money to them any more if they've decided now is the time to kill them (and on such short notice). Likely the same thing with them no longer offering movies/TV shows as of August.

This whole thing has caused a lot of backlash, I don't think there's many people "ignoring" the situation, but sadly there isn't much we can do. They simply don't care. They likely see their old consoles and storefronts as being a detriment to sales of PS4/PS5. What better way to incentivise people to move onto the new consoles by killing the ability to buy digital games for their old consoles? Nevermind the fact that there's many of us who already have PS4s and/or PS5s, we just still play PS3 and Vita because, well, there's no backwards compatibility offered to us.

I think the only things that would make Sony care and backpedal on this decision at this point are:

1. Significant game studios/publishers criticising the decision, and more importantly, refusing to publish on Sony platforms in the future. Very unlikely to happen.

2. PS5 immediately stops selling like hotcakes, they remain in stock for ages once a place actually manages to acquire stock because very few people are buying them. Even more unlikely to happen.

3. Lawsuits or other legal action, but what's there to take legal action upon? If they prevented us from re-downloading our purchases, that could be grounds for something, but they're not, not yet anyway.

4. Them receiving insane amounts of backlash from major game sites and significant social media figures, enough that it does put a sizeable dent in their sales somewhere. They won't care if it doesn't affect their income.

5. Possibly someone DDOSing them or otherwise hacking them, with the statement it's because of the store closures, but I think this is the least likely one; they'd just stop the individual(s) responsible and act like nothing ever happened. It would have to be on the same scale as the 2011 hack to for them to really pay attention, and even then, I doubt they'd concede and be "oh sure, we won't shut down the storefronts for the legacy consoles, please stop hacking us!". It'd just be another 2011 disaster that would affect customers just as much as Sony. Might knock down their arrogance a notch or too since they'd definitely lose income, and force them to re-evaluate their security yet again, but that's about it.

6. Hell freezing over.

Edited by SuperSmexy500

28 minutes ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

This is too true, This is why I've been making a slow transition to PC because online stores like steam will never shut down and I'll never have to worry about a store shutting down, or backward compatibility, everything will be on one system which is the biggest benefit besides the ability to multi-task.

Steam will be dead too. Valve is the most arrogant and money milking company you can ever find. Supporting them is the worst decision

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, breakingthegreen said:

#SavePSStore feels like refloating a sunken ship, compared to my current plan of looting the ship before it drifts away.

Well.... It's not really looting the ship if you pay for everything you leave with ? more like the other way round

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Crespelio-X12 said:

In my opinion what they are doing to the devs seems a little harsh, but again these consoles have had their years and I refuse to think they aren't going to "upgrade" PS Now to support even more PS1,2 and 3 games.

I bet they're going to leave games at full price, then they're gonna announce some kind of service

This is the reason why I'm going to hold off for a bit on buying PS1 and PS2 classics. If PS Now gets PS1 and PS2 classics with trophy support, I can justify the subscription rather than coughing up $100+ right now.

I may end up in an awkward position where I buy them and later become available on PS Now, but better safe than sorry if it comes to that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, psycho_clank314 said:

I would only have an issue with it if they didn't let you download your previously purchased items. It's not like they have been putting any new games on the PS3/Vita stores. 

same here. no new games and even no new sales for few years. you could buy everything you want for last decade, i cant understand why they should keep store even more. just for some folks who keep waiting even more years to buy some ps3/ps vita game?

Edited by Voland44
  • Like 1