Let's save PS Store for PS3, PS Vita and PSP. Update: PS3 and Vita Saved

Lord_BenWon

5 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Honestly guys, if only the gaming community would really do spam their social medias with how terrible this is, they could feel pressure to do it and maybe postpone it, extend the closure for a year or two.

Playstation’s reputation is really on the line here. No one understands their decisions, it is very anti consumer that’s what we know. They’re not doing themselves a favour here. By making this decision, it’s making people move to PC or simply not buying the PS5. It’s not only our trophy hunting community being passionate about this.

I’ve read a few comments, it is clear how Playstation became very arrogant and greedy since the PS4. They disrespect us constantly and expect us to just accept it, which is what happens. THEY got used to our reaction. They think “we get hate for a few weeks but eventually everyone will forget and move on”, it’s a cycle.

Just remember all the shit they have been pulling on us: barely to not supporting the PS Vita system, stopped giving PS3 sales despite having thousands of requests for it, update on the PS4 where people can’t see friends if they are on PS3 or Vita (because they want us to forget about these systems), now this crap 5 months before closure they send us an email saying the stores will be permanently banned.

Now imagine this got never leaked. They give us 5 months, they felt pressured to say something cause of the leak. What if that never happened? I am 100% certain they would’ve waited much longer to announce this.

I swear, the disrespect is pushing me AWAY from Playstation. This “strategy” they’re trying to pull off, it’s not working. Literally no one is happy about this and it shows on the forum.

What you said is exactly how I feel on Sony. I am a biggest fan of PlayStation since childhood BUT now I started don't like PlayStation anymore.

I decide to move to Steam/GOG when I finish all PS3/4 games and get all Platinum. Because No Online Subscription, More Games And Stores (No Ban Games), No Shutdowns, Easy to Stream within Camera, No Backwards Compatibility Problems, Very Supportive and Play Everywhere You Want (Laptop, etc.).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Honestly guys, if only the gaming community would really do spam their social medias with how terrible this is, they could feel pressure to do it and maybe postpone it, extend the closure for a year or two.

Playstation’s reputation is really on the line here. No one understands their decisions, it is very anti consumer that’s what we know. They’re not doing themselves a favour here. By making this decision, it’s making people move to PC or simply not buying the PS5. It’s not only our trophy hunting community being passionate about this.

I’ve read a few comments, it is clear how Playstation became very arrogant and greedy since the PS4. They disrespect us constantly and expect us to just accept it, which is what happens. THEY got used to our reaction. They think “we get hate for a few weeks but eventually everyone will forget and move on”, it’s a cycle.

Just remember all the shit they have been pulling on us: barely to not supporting the PS Vita system, stopped giving PS3 sales despite having thousands of requests for it, update on the PS4 where people can’t see friends if they are on PS3 or Vita (because they want us to forget about these systems), now this crap 5 months before closure they send us an email saying the stores will be permanently banned.

Now imagine this got never leaked. They give us 5 months, they felt pressured to say something cause of the leak. What if that never happened? I am 100% certain they would’ve waited much longer to announce this.

I swear, the disrespect is pushing me AWAY from Playstation. This “strategy” they’re trying to pull off, it’s not working. Literally no one is happy about this and it shows on the forum.

It may not just be this community upset about the decision, but it's still likely too small of a population for Sony to care. If they did, they likely would have responded to the backlash from the initial rumours. I'm not saying to not try and voice your dissatisfaction about this to social media, but just don't expect them to so much as raise an eyebrow.

I think they announced the store closures when they originally planned to, they likely would have commented a lot sooner if it was due to the leak. It was the beginning of the week, and close to the end of the fiscal year, so seems like a reasonable time for them to announce this, regardless if the leak ever surfaced or not.

I think the sad thing is the fact this originated from a rumour from a sketchy site no one has ever heard of before. Same thing with the webstore redesign. When Nintendo announced the closure of DSi and Wii shops, I don't remember there being any rumours beforehand, they just came out and announced it. It's kind of pathetic that we have to hear about Sony's upcoming decisions through rumours a week before it's confirmed. I wish Sony was more uprfront about these things, there's still no reason to not give a year's notice for the store closure, or informing us this would happen when they redesigned the webstore.

The way they worded how the PS3 and Vita stores would remain open via the console's native apps made it seem like they weren't planning to shut down the stores for quite some time, at least another year or two. I never would have expected the store closures to come so soon, neither did I expect PS4 communities to go away, Vita messaging to cease, or the trophy levelling system to be changed literally the day it was announced. There's just too many things Sony is doing to try and stay relevant and simplify things, when they don't need to, and they're giving far too short of notices for things that are actually kind of fucking important, such as only giving people 3-5 months to buy everything they may want from storefronts before their permanent closure during a global pandemic.

I've been disappointed in Sony/PlayStation for quite some time now, and they keep throwing things like this in our face, that's only helping to reinforce my disappointment. As someone who's been a fan since the PS1 though, there's definitely been ups and downs in the past as well. Sony now reminds me a lot of Sony around the tail end of the PS2's life, and when the PS3 launched. They were insanely arrogant due to the success of the PS2, and thought the PS3 would sell like hotcakes even with a $600 price tag just because of how successful the PS2 was. Other companies have experienced similar, Nintendo with the Wii U, and arguably Microsoft with the Xbox One (even though they backpedalled on most of their controversial decisions).

History repeats itself. Sony will likely be forced to eat humble pie again at some point, but it's only a matter of time before they get too big for their boots again. Depending of course on just how long game consoles continue to be a thing. At least with PC you have more control over where you purchase from, and your purchased games in general. I almost kind of regret not getting more into PC gaming, I kind of gave it up around the early 2010s, and now only play old MS-DOS games or other old/indie titles exclusive to PC now and again. For anyone tired of Sony's BS, and other gaming giants for that matter, it honestly may well be worth it to start thinking about getting more into PC gaming. At least with a lot of PC storefronts, old games are not forgotten, regularly get sales and rarely get de-listed unless there's licensing or other issues.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fugoha said:

What you said is exactly how I feel on Sony. I am a biggest fan of PlayStation since childhood BUT now I started don't like PlayStation anymore.

I decide to move to Steam/GOG when I finish all PS3/4 games and get all Platinum. Because No Online Subscription, More Games And Stores (No Ban Games), No Shutdowns, Easy to Stream within Camera, No Backwards Compatibility Problems, Very Supportive and Play Everywhere You Want (Laptop, etc.).

Me too. I’ve been playing on Playstation only all my life. The decisions they’re making lately, it’s just... just what is going on inside their head? This strategy does not work in the long run at all, how can they not see this is not the right direction they’re taking? I don’t want to move to PC, if anything I just wont buy the PS5 unless they change their attitude. They’re losing customers and let’s be real here, trophy hunters tend to spend a lot of money, we bring in a lot of profit. I feel like we’ve been spat on, not just from this but just of all the stupid decisions they have been making, this kinda feels like the last straw.

• Like 3

If we really did this we would truly see just how few people actually take this stance with us on the greater scope. We see games as an art form something that should be preserved they see it as an out of date product that can't keep up with today's gaming standards and the large majority of the player base prove them correct. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sir_TyroneOBE said:

If we really did this we would truly see just how few people actually take this stance with us on the greater scope. We see games as an art form something that should be preserved they see it as an out of date product that can't keep up with today's gaming standards and the large majority of the player base prove them correct. 

I think there is some demand for some older games, or at least remakes from some people, both those that have nostalgia for old games, and those that have never played them before. Nintendo still seems to get away with selling millions of copies of their old games for full price, and there's been a lot of remakes and remasters of 5th and 6th gen games this generation that have mostly sold quite well overall. Prices for pre-owned, old popular games (especially Nintendo) being so high is due to the demand for them. So there definitely is a market there, it's just that people that want to play old games likely already have old consoles to do so, or emulate them. And people that kind of want to see what all the fuss is about with Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door but don't want to pay £80 for it, have either already emulated it or are just waiting on a possible port/remake, they don't care enough to go and buy old expensive hardware just to play a game or two they have fleeting interest in.

But yeah, most people that play games are fairly "casual" about it, unless compared to many of us here. Many people just play a few select multiplayer games until they get bored, then move onto the next. Many buy perhaps 2 or 3 of the big games that year and that's enough to keep them content for a year, along with whatever evergreen games they might play. They generally don't take games that "seriously", so don't care much if older consoles' stores get taken down. They might feel sad for a bit thinking back fondly on the PS3, but it's just that, a passing thought from most. People still playing games, and more importantly, still buying games on PS3 and Vita are a very small population now, that's been dwindling more and more as the years have gone on. PS3 and Vita aren't profitable to Sony any more, and that's all that matters to companies at the end of the day, how much profit something is making.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Steam has like 23k games, it's probably more than all modern consoles combined lmao. But too much shovelware, visual novels, parodies of simulators...

You can say that second part about Vita games as well. But honestly, it doesn't matter, that just means that there is something for everyone, Most of the games promoted on the front page are those AAA and High-Quality indie games. I don't see how having more games no matter what they are, as bad. If you don't like a game no one' gonna force you to buy it and the people who do like it will get to enjoy it.

9 minutes ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

You can say that second part about Vita games as well. But honestly, it doesn't matter, that just means that there is something for everyone, Most of the games promoted on the front page are those AAA and High-Quality indie games. I don't see how having more games no matter what they are, as bad. If you don't like a game no one' gonna force you to buy it and the people who do like it will get to enjoy it.

Please don't tell me that stuff like Poop Simulator and Wanking Simulator are something "for everyone" -_-

18 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Please don't tell me that stuff like Poop Simulator and Wanking Simulator are something "for everyone" -_-

Never said that but that's such a minority of the games, and those are not something meant to be played for hours and hours but just meant for a quick laugh. Either way, I don't see a downside to more games. even if just joke games made for a quick laugh.

It's ironic that Microsoft (Which has way less games than Sony) are the ones actually implementing backwards compatibility. You would think it would be the other way around. Hell Microsoft are even making some games run better on current gen.

Sony somehow seems to keep making dumb financial decisions when it comes to pricing things. They've had decent sales on the ps4 yet prices on the ps3 were overpriced when compared. 

They completely killed the majority of people buying a Vita because of memory card pricing. They are now closing ps3/Vita stores because the games never go on sale.

They either need to add all older games to the ps now library, or implement backwards compatibility. 

On 3/31/2021 at 11:18 PM, Fugoha said:

I agree with you. It's so sad what happened to ps3 store. We lost biggest store on PSN included PS1 , PS2 , PS3 , PSP , PSVITA GAMES.  

On 3/31/2021 at 10:51 PM, LoveInHell said:

You're idea it's great. We need good community to stop what happened on PlayStation Network. 

• Like 1

Hi, please sign this petition and share it as much as you can in the internet. https://www.change.org/p/sony-sony-please-don-t-shut-down-the-psn-store-on-ps3-ps-vita

Even if you don't care much about the PS Store closure or you don't think that petitions work, please sign and share the petition anyways, it just take some seconds and it doesn't hurt to try.

4 hours ago, Lord_BenWon said:

Hi, please sign this petition and share it as much as you can in the internet. https://www.change.org/p/sony-sony-please-don-t-shut-down-the-psn-store-on-ps3-ps-vita

Even if you don't care much about the PS Store closure or you don't think that petitions work, please sign and share the petition anyways, it just take some seconds and it doesn't hurt to try.

I went ahead and signed this, even though I’m a cynical bastard and think there’s no chance in hell Sony bends the knee to the mob. 

• Like 1