Doom 2 Disc Version (Can We Revert The 1.07 Patch Now?)

Flubberwunked

https://limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-395-doom-the-classics-collection-ps4?_pos=11&_sid=b1f486c46&_ss=r

Looks like Limited Run Games are releasing Doom 1, 2 & 3 as bundle. All three games are going to be on one disc which is pretty neat but I thought of something as soon as I read that info... Doom 2 actually has a physical copy which does give people the opportunity to revert updates. I'm not that knowledgeable on downgrading games to previous updates but I know that it can be done.

This disk may have its own updates though who knows but the best outcome for this (as unlikely as it may be) would be that the disk starts out with the 1.00 update but you have to update the game whenever you put the disk in. You can obviously avoid this by not connecting to the internet which means that Doom 2 would be a lot easier. 

What are your thoughts on this? I know I just said a lot of nonsense but I just want to have a chance to play and platinum Doom 2 without that wretched 1.07 update possibly making it impossible for me and many others.

Edited by Flubberwunked

If they put 1.00 on disc, then you won't be able to boot up the game as the Bethesda.net sign-in nonsense will stop you from booting up the game without connecting to the internet, which you won't be able to do without updating so you'll be SOL.

If they put 1.07 on disc, you're SOL.

If you're on an update from August 15th, 2019 or beyond but before 1.07, you should be cool beans.

You can probably reach out to LRG on Twitter and ask what build they'll submit, they're usually good about that kind of thing.

• Like 1

I strongly advise reading this thread:

This is the best solution I found to reverting DOOM II to an earlier update. It is next to impossible to do most of the levels on your own in Nightmare Co-Op beginning with version 1.07 and later.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I strongly advise reading this thread:

This is the best solution I found to reverting DOOM II to an earlier update. It is next to impossible to do most of the levels on your own in Nightmare Co-Op beginning with version 1.07 and later.

I've seen that post once before. It looks really confusing and I also don't own a computer so I'm out of luck. I actually got a response back from limited run games a few days ago regarding the disc version of doom. I had trouble linking the tweet so I'll just quote them saying that "It will be the latest patch." I'm not surprised that this is the answer but there was a small bit of hope nonetheless.

I've looked at tons of videos and read up a ton of info on Doom 2 and I've now come to my clear conclusion that I will stay away from this game. I'm not even gonna play it in doom eternal lol. If you can't platinum doom 2 then there's absolutely no hope for me to platinum it. 

I've noticed that you've been clearing your backlog recently and I really hope you can clear this monster of a game someday. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Flubberwunked said:

I've seen that post once before. It looks really confusing and I also don't own a computer so I'm out of luck. I actually got a response back from limited run games a few days ago regarding the disc version of doom. I had trouble linking the tweet so I'll just quote them saying that "It will be the latest patch." I'm not surprised that this is the answer but there was a small bit of hope nonetheless.

I've looked at tons of videos and read up a ton of info on Doom 2 and I've now come to my clear conclusion that I will stay away from this game. I'm not even gonna play it in doom eternal lol. If you can't platinum doom 2 then there's absolutely no hope for me to platinum it. 

I've noticed that you've been clearing your backlog recently and I really hope you can clear this monster of a game someday. Good luck!

Then you're shit out of luck, because I can probably guarantee the retail version will have version 1.07 or later that comes with 60 FPS and no pausing during Co-Op.

• Like 2