Starter Pack launched, Dubai playable this weekend

StrickenBiged

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-free-starter-pack/

So I may have got this wrong because the announcement above is quite hard to follow for those of us not familiar with the game, but I think what they are saying is:

• You can now download a free "Starter Pack" for Hitman 3.
  • The locations and missions available in the starter pack will rotate, with Dubai's main mission from Hitman 3 being playable until 5 April 2021.
  • The first mission of Hitman 2 (Nightcall, set in Hawke's Bay, New Zealand) is also playable when the starter pack launches (now) though it is not clear whether it will expire when Dubai does. 
  • Anything available to the Starter Pack players will also be available to all Hitman 3 players, so they can (for example) access the Nightcall mission now even if they don't have Hitman 2 or haven't imported their maps from the last 2 games. 
  • You will always have access to the ICA Facility through the starter pack (whatever the ICA Facility is?).
  • Progress will carry over if you buy the full game. 
  • The Starter Pack can also be used as a launchpad for Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 content, if you want to import your maps using their progress carry-over site (link through the link above).

If you go to PSN Store then you'll see that this is available for both PS4 and PS5. 

I'll be downloading it to give it a go. Never played a Hitman game before, so this could be fun. 

Edited by StrickenBiged

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve just downloaded this but not got around to playing. Out of interest can anyone answer my questions:

1. Does the starter pack give out trophies?

2. I own hitman 1 (free through PS Plus and Hitman 2 (I bought on PSN store). Can I play these levels on the Hitman 3 Starter Pack?

I don’t own Hitman 3 but probably will at some point (although on disc) will game saves transfer between starter pack and disc version?

I’ve googled these but can’t seem to find any info so if anyone knows and can share my thanks in advance!

• 4 months later...
On 4/12/2021 at 8:14 PM, wolvieware said:

I’ve just downloaded this but not got around to playing. Out of interest can anyone answer my questions:

1. Does the starter pack give out trophies?

2. I own hitman 1 (free through PS Plus and Hitman 2 (I bought on PSN store). Can I play these levels on the Hitman 3 Starter Pack?

You can play all hitman 1/2 maps in the starter pack if you own these games and also earn trophies for them.

Edited by bendermac
  • Like 1