Vita Platinum Summer (Real trophy hunter shit) -All done, thanks for playing

35 minutes ago, baboon_overlord said:

Thanks you for the tip. I'll check out some gameplay footage and see if I still want it. It sounded quite interesting.

Just keep in mind when you're watching the footage that the game kind of plays itself.  You can influence the action but you don't really tell it what to do.  It reminded me far more of something like Conway's Game Of Life than a traditional strategy game.  It presents itself much better than it plays.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FrumpleOrz said:

Just keep in mind when you're watching the footage that the game kind of plays itself.  You can influence the action but you don't really tell it what to do.  It reminded me far more of something like Conway's Game Of Life than a traditional strategy game.  It presents itself much better than it plays.

Thank you, appreciate that as well.

• Like 1

One new plat and a couple of 100% from the backlog taken care of today.

S5fe9c4.png

Football Game:  I love this game.  Love love love it.  I got through it a couple years back on Steam and was stunned by the creepy atmosphere.  It's a very subtle kind of horror that slowly builds on you as you go through the game.  It's more like an interactive short film than a traditional game, even if it has some adventure puzzling to do. Amazing soundtrack too.  The songs on the tapes kick all sorts of ass. Everything this dev has released has been great.  Cloak & Dagger Games hasn't disappointed me yet and I'll keep buying all of his games the day they come out on PC.  I wonder if he even realizes himself how brilliant this little game is.  I think about it all the time.  Sorry if I'm overhyping this, heh, I just really like this.  It hits me in all of the right spots.

S840f43.png

Cel Damage HD:  An old favorite on the first Xbox and it's still a blast today.  I don't know why it took me so long to finish this one.  I finished the PS4 version a few years back and I didn't know there was some sort of cross-save with the Vita version, so the trophies just kind of popped weirdly while I played it.  I was actually a little disappointed by that since I wanted to earn them again but oh well.  It was still fun to play again.

Sea9a01.png

Licky the Lucky Lizard Lives Again:  Another game that's been sitting in the backlog for years.  I'll probably have the longest time to 100% this for a very long time, heh.  I bought it the day it came out (it used to cost a buck or two before it went free believe it or not!), got a couple trophies on that first day and never touched it again until tonight.  I don't know why.  It's simple but it was actually kinda fun by the end of the 30 minutes I played tonight.  It's free nowadays, give it a go!

TOTALS SINCE MARCH 30:

Platinums: 29

100%: 7

I've been playing these in between picking away at Mary Skelter: Nightmares, so I'll hopefully have another respectable plat in a few days.  It's a fun dungeon crawler even if the story line is kind of... bafflingly nuts?  There's just an obsession with blood and licking that's more than a little weird.  I'll keep that in the cart slot and pop away at some smaller downloads at the same time.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, baboon_overlord said:

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 is on Vita, but it's Japanese language only.

Figures. :(

Actually, I am going to withdraw from this event. I am sorry but personal issues just came up and I need to take time to myself and it's getting harder to find fun games to play. (I just started Dragon Quest Builders on the Vita but probably won't finish it.) I will keep lurking on the forums to see what people are playing. Good luck to everyone. I am sorry. :(

• Like 3

Got a few easy plats recently:

Md119f6.png

Word Maze by POWGI

Just word maze puzzles, not much else to say here. It's alright, kinda fun picking this up now and then and doing a few a time

M79d91f.png

Takotan

A cute, simple shmup game. Pretty easy compared to many other games of this genre (and you don't even get a trophy for beating the final boss) but I kinda liked it, also got slight Parodius vibes (even if this isn't nearly as weird)

Total Platinum count: 3

Edited by Zanreo

3 hours ago, faint-magician2 said:

Actually, I am going to withdraw from this event. I am sorry but personal issues just came up and I need to take time to myself and it's getting harder to find fun games to play. (I just started Dragon Quest Builders on the Vita but probably won't finish it.) I will keep lurking on the forums to see what people are playing. Good luck to everyone. I am sorry. :(

Sorry to hear that, I hope everything is alright.

I missed this initially, so if no one minds I will jump on board too as I have a few Vita games I want to work through still, as I don't trust Sony as far as I can throw them....  Can't say how many I will get as I plan on working on some ps3 games too, along with some other events.  I am glad to see how many others still love their Vita's as much as I do.  :)  and always a pleasure to be doing an event with @DoctorDrPepper again.  

Got my platinum for Drive Girls on the 9th of this month.  

S62579f.png

Total Platinum count: 1

4 hours ago, faint-magician2 said:

Hope things end up working out.  Personal stuff coming up is always rough but good luck.

Oh I'm so in for this. I just bought a new charging cable for my little Life boi and have already started ripping through my backlog.

Starting with Need for Speed Most Wanted and I'll go from there!

Maybe I'll actually get my Soul Sacrifice platinum. Or see how many people actually want to play a bunch of Silent Hill Book of Memories. ? One of the few games I've regretted starting.

On 4/28/2021 at 1:58 PM, baboon_overlord said:

Sorry to hear that, I hope everything is alright.

It's fine, I just started a new account because of RogueCube. I am not going to move my SD card to this new account, though, I am not platinuming any Vita games on that one as it would tempt me to platinum 1000 grubby games. :( I'm sticking with PS4 and PS5(when I get my PS5 this May, I was lucky to get a nice person to sell me one of their extras though I had to download an app to send them the money).

1 hour ago, faint-magician2 said:

it would tempt me to platinum 1000 grubby games.

Everyone's motivation for trophy hunting is different I guess.

As someone who needs personal goals, I decided in August to get myself as far up the PSNP leader-board as possible. After a hard day's work (I've been a digital nomad for ten years now), with nothing else to do (due to Everything That Is Going On Right Now), I might as well have something to focus on (I don't watch TV or movies).

My personal goal in August last year was 100 plats and top 50k in the world on the main leader-board by the end of the year. Got my 100 Plats and ended up top 35k. 

Now I'm targeting top 10k worldwide, top 5k PS4, top 3k Vita and I guess top 25k Multi-platform. I've got enough games in my library to shoot for 250 Plats now (not including games with no Plats of course).

That said, as soon as things go back to normal, I probably won't have time to play PlayStation anymore. I was pretty confident that I was going to "retire" after 30 Plats because I didn't think there would be that many games for me to play that I would be interested in.

Turns out, I've had an absolute blast playing all kinds of genres I never thought would interest me these days. And I'm old school. I started playing games in 1988 on the Amiga 500. In those days, you could go from playing a text adventure (yes really), to a co-op adventure/beat-em-up/hack-and-slash game, to a 16 bit RPG, to 3D Dungeon Master, to a flight sim, to a point-and-click adventure, to an isometric 3d platform puzzler/RPG, to a coin op, to a shoot 'em up in a few days. So I've very much enjoyed the variety. Reminds me of the old days. 

The Vita is amazing and a big driver in my progress. Earning trophies whilst sat on the throne is one of the greatest achievements in human evolution. ?  

• Like 2

5 more for me:

Furwind

Riddled Corpses EX

Mixups by POWGI

Habroxia

Just a Phrase by POWGI

Running list:

Spoiler

Crypto by POWGI

Tic Tac Letters by POWGI

One Word by POWGI

Word Sudoku by POWGI

Just Ignore Them

Wordsweeper by POWGI

Word Maze by POWGI

Random Heroes: Gold Edition

Energy Invasion

Squareboy vs. Bullies

5 new ones

15 toal

just got a synergia vita plat altough the trophy list might be marked wrong since it says asia while it should be the ph version.

anywya thats another plat realy wanted to play as intended since its a novel and stry looked interesting but the performance was so bad  I just wnated it done it wasnt worth it.

oh wel I think thats my 3rd vita trophy for this topic

hopefully I cna finish of rune factory oceans in a day or to as my 150th and start  another nice vita game:)

edit: for some reason the topic I made about it is deleted.  for that reason I decided to hid this game before it gets flagged

realy sucks but im not risking it

would have appreciated an explanation but I gues thats too much work

now I need to think what I wanna do have rune factory be my 150th plat in reality and 149 on the site  or make it be 150 on the site but 150 in reality:(

Edited by visvoer18
added info

Ldfbd55.png

#175 - Super Skull SMash Go! 2 Turbo

Won a code for this on Twitter. Wasn't expecting much going in but was pleasantly surprised. It adds enough new mechanics over the course of the levels to keep it fresh and it doesn't overstay its welcome. It also wasn't brain dead easy like many games on the Vita. Nor was it terribly hard. Was a nice moderate challenge.

Ld8dc9c.png

#176 - Battle Rockets 2.0

I did the 1.0 stack before this event. I can't say its a good game, but its certainly creative and unique.

L6878a6.png

#177 - Deep Ones

I was intrigued by the old school PC game art style. I ended up hating it. It's just so slow and clunky. There is a huge focus on combat but the combat is terrible.

Total Plats: 3

Total 100%: 5

Decided to return to Killzone Mercenary and try and plat that. Finished up all the contracts so I basically just have the 10,000 kill grind and the Intel left to do. One of my Intel is gltiched though which is problematic. I will probably break up the grind with some other games.

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 1

WEEK 5 UPDATE
WE'VE GOT STAMINA

Week 5 brings us over 200 total plats. Big moves from CR1s, JungleCat20, MrHealthy and FrumpleOrz. Plus one new comer this week with the addition of Spinacheq.

Three new ones from me personally. One adventure game and a pair of dating sim VN's including my first Japanese VN. My Big Sister, Yumeutsutsu Re:After and PsychicEmotion6.

1Sf72774.png1Sae27e6.png1S36b6c6.png

Also far ahead of times but heads up, taking my first vacation since covid started from May28th to June 7th, so expect during that time for there to be no updates. Bought a handful of the eastasiasoft physical vita games to keep getting some plats even when i'm out of town.

• Like 4

I've been slowing down a bit.  Too many responsibilities in real life to take care of instead of Vita games.  I've been doing my usual thing of starting too many games and not finishing any of them.

S847419.png

I did just get a 100% on Looney Tunes Galactic Sports though!  I had an opportunity to get the ad hoc trophy so I figured why not?  Kinda fun, pretty simple.  Just some basic mini games.

TOTALS SINCE MARCH 30:

Platinums: 29

100%: 8

Edited by FrumpleOrz
  • Like 1

4th plat Reverie, what a sweet ass little Zelda/Earthbound clone. Had a blast playing this gem.

1. Severed (100%) :platinum: 

2. Lego The Lord of the Rings (100%) :platinum: 

3. Thunder Paw (100%) :platinum:

4. Reverie (100%) :platinum:

Total :platinum: Count: 4

• Like 1

I'd like to join too! I love my Vita, and now I will have a reason to finally play the games I have. Mine are mostly visual novels. I'm excited to get to them!

I'm joining with one platinum that I just got 3 days ago.

:platinum: Complete:

1. Norn9 Var Commons

:platinum: In Progress:

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

• Like 1

Snapped a few more.  I've been working on too many games at once because my brain is easily distracted but I did manage to finish a few!

Sc45748.png

Habroxia 2: Maybe a little better than the first game but it's still just kinda... there, right?  It's a pretty standard space shooter but that's its biggest problem.  It doesn't add anything original.  It completely wears its influences on its sleeves.  When the games that inspired this are readily available, and those games are better, there's no real reason to play this unless you can't get enough of this kind of game.

S3543c0.png

Breeeder Homegrown Directors Cut:  I didn't quite get this one.  I can appreciate the small time horror games like this but the story didn't do much for me.  Maybe it's because I played it in the morning with all of the blinds open so the sun was shining brightly.  It's like when I watched Nosferatu while jogging on a treadmill, exactly how the creator envisioned it to be seen!  Maybe I'll give this one another chance someday.  There's a huge Angel's Egg influence on it, especially with the zoom out ending, which is pretty cool.

Sf968ce.png

Dull Grey: Just came out yesterday and it's super quick and easy to finish without a guide even.  Just a pretty straight forward VN with an intriguing atmosphere and story.  I didn't quite understand all of it but it's been sticking with me.  I'm pretty unfamiliar with Russian storytelling outside of like Eisenstein's silent films, so getting a small dose of modern Russian style is pretty neat too.  I bought it just because "Hey!  New Vita game!" but I rather dug it.

Sa68395.png

Twin Breakers:   I've played a lot of Breakout/Arkanoid clones in my life and this is one of them.  I had a lot of issues with it, the biggest being the ball physics.  I never truly felt like I had any control over how the ball behaved and getting higher scores just felt random.  That's never how an arcade game should feel.  The needlessly edgy storyline is stupid too.  Why is there swearing in a Arkanoid clone's writing?  Just seems like they're trying too hard.  It seems to be based on some sort of podcast or internet show that I'm not familiar with but if it's anything like the people in the game here, I bet I'd hate it.  The chiptune music is downright bad too.  Avoid this one at all costs.  It was a waste of my time.

S3ffbfc.png

Stick It To The Man: No plat on this but it's a lot of fun.  A combination of platformer and adventure game mechanics, it's a goofy story that has a lot of good jokes.  It says it's written by Ryan North, so if you know his sense of humor, you know what you're in for.  It's pretty quick, doesn't wear out its welcome and the puzzles aren't too difficult and actually make sense.  It's a good time.  I bought it on sale like 5 or 6 years ago and never got around to it until now.  I wish I wouldn't have waited so long!

TOTALS SINCE MARCH 30:

Platinums: 33

100%: 9

On 5/5/2021 at 8:05 AM, Pray_4_the_End said:

4th plat Reverie, what a sweet ass little Zelda/Earthbound clone. Had a blast playing this gem.

1. Severed (100%) :platinum: 

2. Lego The Lord of the Rings (100%) :platinum: 

3. Thunder Paw (100%) :platinum:

4. Reverie (100%) :platinum:

Total :platinum: Count: 4

Reverie and Severed are both such underrated games.  I really liked playing through both of those.

• Like 2