Vita Platinum Summer (Real trophy hunter shit) -All done, thanks for playing

Cleaning out the backlog with this one, plat #5 Reed 2. Probably gonna knock out another Lego game here soon, haven't decided which to play just yet though.

1. Severed (100%) :platinum: 

2. Lego The Lord of the Rings (100%) :platinum: 

3. Thunder Paw (100%) :platinum:

4. Reverie (100%) :platinum:

5. Reed 2 (100%) :platinum:

Total :platinum: Count: 5

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

I haven't played it yet. I've got a physical copy of Heist on my shelf though. Funnily enough it also has a reversible cover with only 90 units facing out. I just have the standard cover facing out though so I have opened it already.

Passing on A.W. Phoenix Festa when I saw it for $100 is one of my biggest collecting regrets. Right up there with waiting to buy Dangonropa V3. Prices have absolutely gone crazy though. I have about 200 physical Vita games and in the past few months my collections value has shot up several thousand dollars.

I also got lucky with Metal Slug 3 and got the rare variant of that which is a completely different cover. No solid numbers on how many of that exist though, and its not worth the crazy amount Steamworld Dig is. Somewhere in the $160-200 USD range last I checked.

lol I dont even wanna think about how much value my collection went up  I have over 500 vita games and over 450 of those are english releases

metal slug realy brings back bad memories for me I got that rare cover as well altough I didnt know about it at the time  and I opened that one  I relay regret that

• Like 2

L0eab9b.png

Awesome Pea:  A simple platformer that I picked up after Sometimes You did that massive price drop on games.  It's okay.  Nothing amazing and it just kinda ends with no real resolution.  I only had trouble on one level but otherwise it's pretty breezy.  The controls don't feel quite right but it's workable.  I don't get this modern obsession with fake scanlines and distorted CRT inspired visuals though.  It's not implemented well in this game even.  Why would a game inspired by a Game Boy aesthetic have fuzzy RF connections?

L36b570.png

Tiny Troopers Joint Ops: I bought it because it was on sale for under $2 and I guess it was worth it at that price.  It's an twin stick shooter that has missions on each level.  It does what it sets out to do and nothing more.  It's fun enough even if it does get tedious at the end.  The Zombie DLC campaign is awful though.  I did find it kind of icky to have the penalty for murdering civilians so minor and inconsequential.  Why even have it in the game in that case?  I dunno, that's a big time "me thing" for sure.

TOTALS SINCE MARCH 30:

Platinums: 36

100%: 11

4 hours ago, visvoer18 said:

lol I dont even wanna think about how much value my collection went up  I have over 500 vita games and over 450 of those are english releases

That's impressive.  I managed to get something like 270 or 280 English Vita releases (haven't counted in a while) before I retired from the collecting side of it.  Checking some of the prices on eBay is crazy right now.

• Like 2

Too late to join? I wouldn't mind using this to clear the backlog on the Vita. I'll post the following:

• Swordbreaker
  • Metropolis
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth 2

It will be a project in motion (e.g. Swordbreaker will be used to ensure my trophy streak stays alive when I go on vacations this summer). But I do still play my Vita.

got both Yumeutsutsu games plat as well the physicla ones thats another 2 which should put my total to 6 now

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Too late to join? I wouldn't mind using this to clear the backlog on the Vita. I'll post the following:

• Swordbreaker
  • Metropolis
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth 2

It will be a project in motion (e.g. Swordbreaker will be used to ensure my trophy streak stays alive when I go on vacations this summer). But I do still play my Vita.

its never too late but you made a mistke the point here is to post plats as you obtain them  not which ones you are planning to do

On 5/19/2021 at 2:22 PM, visvoer18 said:

got both Yumeutsutsu games plat as well the physicla ones thats another 2 which should put my total to 6 now

its never too late but you made a mistke the point here is to post plats as you obtain them  not which ones you are planning to do

Gotcha. Without further ado:

• Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s. I picked this up because of the Sometimes You sale. It’s no good.
  • Super Destronaut - this is actually a decent game, and not at all easy...but you won’t see the spike until after you get the plat.
  • Demetrios - The first truly disappointing game I’ve played from Cowcat. (Also, if anyone is reading, and likes retro, do yourself a favor and pick up Xenon Valkyrie, Riddled Corpses and Demon’s Tier. Fun games all, and all are cross buy with multiple plats!)
Edited by starcrunch061

55 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Gotcha. Without further ado:

• Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s. I picked this up because of the Sometimes You sale. It’s no good.

You can backdate your earned trophies to March 30th. So your Super Destronaut DX and Demetrios plats count as well. ?

• Like 1

General Update

Put up 2 more myself after finally finishing the mercenaries mode on RE8. That puts the event at a total 270 vita platinums and there's still 99 days to go. We've slowed down ever since the announcement that the Vita isn't over but that's okay. This can now be more of a passive summer event that just kinda is. Please everyone continue to love your Vitas.

• Like 3

Update. My new total is 53.

So far I plat'd 27 (+stacks) of the 50 games I set out to do.

5 of them I skipped so far, and won't bother getting the plat in them.

18 more games to go.

I'll post a more detailed update when I've gone through them all.

• Like 3

WEEK 8 UPDATE

LAZY SUMMER MIDPOINT

So we're slowing down but like I said a couple days ago, that is totally fine. We single handedly saved the Vita, because you know Jim Ryan saw this event and backed down in fear. Why not enjoy the lazy summer vibes and play casually for a bit. Big shouts out to everyone for just having good conversations about what to buy and play and just setting a chill vibe.

Three more up on the board for me personally. Putting me at 29 total and the event at 276. Never did say my last two either so here's my last five.

1S9b7a1f.png1S182843.png1Sa8a709.png1S03bda5.png1Saace3d.png

Foxyland 1 and 2 from the Playasia exclusive physical editions. Found a seller who was selling a bunch of these physical versions for way less than most scalpers so I bought up a few titles. Nurse Love Addiction and Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk were both VN's on gamefly (I still have a gamefly account, it's great for easy games with physical versions) and Planet RIX-13 was one of these $1 Sometimes You sale games.

Just a reminder that i'll be gone from May 28th to June 7th for a vacation so no updates during that time will be posted but y'all are encouraged to keep showing your Vita some love. 

Also, if you're looking for another fun event to participate in that's starting soon, might I suggest @eigen-space's Gaming by the Numbers 2021. Always a great event and it would be cool to see some Vita games in the event end stats. 

Enjoy your week y'all. Keep it breezy.

• Like 4

I'm still hanging in there with you guys. I've added these four today with many more to go. ?

1. S7c0ada.png

2. Sf3de59.png 

3. S129142.png

4. S455524.png

Total Vita Platinums :platinum:: 34

Total Vita ?%: 1

Edited by JungleCat20

Late update here.  I maaaay have bought too many cross-buy games in the current sale.  I've burned through a few of them but then got distracted by a game I started five years ago and hadn't finished.  It's been a "productive" week, haha!

Ld63023.png

1. Fullblast - Awful game.  Slow and tedious.  A vertical shmup made by people who don't get what makes a shmup good.  I'm no expert on the genre by any means but I know what I like and I didn't like this one.  There's just no sense of speed and the patterns are very dull.

L52241e.png

2. Deep Space Rush - Actually a legitimately cool game!  A side-scrolling rogue-lite that has a lot of surprises up its sleeve.  It's almost a shame that the plat is so easy to attain because too many people will write it off as a EZPZ game.  I had a great time with it and wish it would've asked more of me on the list.  I'll probably pop this in as a time waster in the future.

Lab21ef.png

3. Duck Souls + - Another great game that's an easy plat.  A tricky single-screen platformer that is obviously inspired by the tough-as-nails games like Super Meat Boy but has a far more forgiving difficulty level.  Great level design, cool pixel graphics, and a great sense of humor, this is a blast.

Lb8fb35.png

4. Inksplosion - Eh, it's okay.  It's a totally adequate twin stick shooter but that's about it.  The ink aspect of it causes the game to chug so the best way to play it is to turn off its gimmick, which is a shame.  Not my favorite but it works.  I've played worse.

L3ce6ad.png

5. FoxyLand - Another "Eh, it's okay" game.  It's a puzzle platformer but again, doesn't really do anything too special.  It'll keep your attention for a little bit but I've already kinda forgotten a lot about it.  Not exactly a good thing, right?

100%s

Ldcbacb.png

1. Fruit Ninja - Can you believe this is the first time I've ever played this game?  I've never owned a smart phone so I completely missed this phenomenon.  I get why it was so popular!  Easy to understand and a great "one more go" aspect to it is a perfect combo.  I'm glad the grind wasn't as big as it could be in this as I could see it getting absolutely monotonous if it would've lasted too much longer but I enjoyed my short time with it.  Thanks to Mr Healthy, another member of this event, for the help on the multiplayer trophy too.

Ld5219b.png

2. The Last Blade 2 - A classic SNK fighting game with some stunning sprite animation.  I missed this back in the day in the arcade and on Dreamcast (though I recognized nearly every character from spending too much time on Card Fighters Clash on the Neo Geo Pocket Color, heh), though I completely understand why this is one that people went gaga over.  It plays well and there's a depth to it that I will never grasp because I'm a big ol' dummy.  One of the best SNK games I've played.

L365c83.png

3. Table Top Racing - A pretty basic racing game but it's just good enough to be a little addictive.  I started it half a decade ago and somehow got it in my brain to finish it over the last couple days.  I generally had a good time with it and finding the little gaps & shortcuts to get better times is great but the rubberband AI in the races gets really obnoxious.  No matter how far ahead you are, it always feels like the other racers are right behind you.  It's cheap and unfair, especially in the higher levels.  Even with maxed-out cars, I never felt like I had any sort of advantage.  Still, enjoyed my time with it pretty well!

TOTALS SINCE MARCH 30:

Platinums: 41

100%: 14

• Like 2

A couple more Sometimes You games. Been playing less these past few days because I have been having some hand pain. I just need the co-op trophy in Rocket Birds so hopefully I can arrange a time to get that done.

L1492aa.png

#183 - Explosive Jake

It's bomberman if it was boring. Instead of bombing enemies your goal is just to bomb all the crates on the level in order to find the level exit door and key to open it. The enemies don't even bomb back, they just walk in a predetermined path and kill you if they touch you. It just took all the fun out of bomberman.

Lbf2c4a.png

#184 - My Aunt is a Witch

The art is great! Everything else not so much. Very poorly written, with grammatical and spelling errors all over the place. Pretty regularly dialogue was labeled with the wrong persons name making scenes very confusing. The game also suffers serious frame rate issues and can crash. It even crashed so badly once that it turned my vita off and deleted my save file making me play half the game again. The Aunt is also a complete psychopath despite the game wanting us to like her. She got 6 kids killed and regularly endangers her nephew and despite that only cares about getting back in the good graces of the witches council, showing no remorse for her actions. Oh and she turned her ex boyfriend into a cat to keep as a pet. The game also ends very abruptly in a cliff hanger resolving none of the plot lines that it introduced. Strangely this game is also on Steam, but its just called Bewitched.

Total Plats: 10

Total 100%: 9

• Like 2

Added 15 more plats:

Cosmic Star Heroine

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

Awesome Pea

Active Neurons

Planet RIX-13

A Winter's Daydream

Energy Cycle Edge

Awesome Pea 2

Drowning

Bucket Knight

Swordbreaker: The Game

Breeder Homegrown: Director's Cut

Fifty Words by POWGI

Color Slayer

Grass Cutter

Running list:

Spoiler

Furwind

Riddled Corpses EX

Mixups by POWGI

Habroxia

Just a Phrase by POWGI

Crypto by POWGI

Tic Tac Letters by POWGI

One Word by POWGI

Word Sudoku by POWGI

Just Ignore Them

Wordsweeper by POWGI

Word Maze by POWGI

Random Heroes: Gold Edition

Energy Invasion

Squareboy vs. Bullies

New: 15

Total: 30 Plats

I guess I could show off my Vita collection on this account, which I created late March. All of the below plats were earned during this month which is when I decided to re-format my SD card and just get it over with.

Earned before my unofficial marathon:

1Se82021.pngJust a Phrase by POWGI: May 15

Earned during my unofficial marathon, at either May 18 or May 19:

1Sb530db.pngZeroptian Invasion

1S4d3640.pngThunder Paw

1Sbb221d.pngMETAGAL

1S5e15b9.pngDeep Space Rush

1Sfa111e.pngBlind Men

1Scb42b7.pngSyrup and the Ultimate Sweet

1S21e324.pngGravity Duck

1S0347e8.pngKnightin'+

1S315fe3.pngDaggerhood

1S028096.pngMochi Mochi Boy

1S30f187.pngSuper Box Land Demake

1Sc5ce46.pngMekabolt

1Sf8f3ea.pngJack N' Jill DX

1S18e8d8.pngSuper Weekend Mode

1Sc775a8.pngFullBlast

1S33fedf.pngSuper Wiloo Demake

1Sfe35c5.pngMilo's Quest

Platinums earned after the unofficial marathon:

1S6d07be.pngLittle Adventure on the Prairie (yes, got THAT platinum :()

1S943c10.pngRandom Heroes: Gold Edition

1Sec68bc.pngAlphaset by POWGI

1S16a615.pngFoxyLand

1S87fb87.pngHimno

Total # of Plats: 23

Edited by winter_bird_22
  • Like 1

Got two more Vita plats while going to and from my special dental appointment(I have all my tooth removed and replaced by a giant robo-jaw of false teeth. The appointment for to test out a more natural mold xD):

Sf1bae8.pngS129142.png

Super Destronaut DX and A Winter's Daydream. Just realize I don't have the PS4 version of Super Destronaut, whoops.

On 5/23/2021 at 10:23 PM, FrumpleOrz said:

2. Deep Space Rush - Actually a legitimately cool game!  A side-scrolling rogue-lite that has a lot of surprises up its sleeve.  It's almost a shame that the plat is so easy to attain because too many people will write it off as a EZPZ game.  I had a great time with it and wish it would've asked more of me on the list.  I'll probably pop this in as a time waster in the future.

The fact that its a stupidly easy plat is exactly why I haven't bought it and a bunch of other games like Duck Souls, and Daggerhood. They look like decent fun but I kind of don't like plats that are over 90%. I did buy a bunch of the Sometimes You games which are over 90% and I already feel dirty about it.

Anyways some more 100%'s:

L00a3a5.png

100% - Phineas and Ferb: Day of Doffenshmirtz

A Vita exclusive that is based on a kids show that had finished airing before this game came out. It's strange that this got made. That said, it was made very well. It's a 3D platformer / shooting type game. You get 3 weapons, but there are 10 different ammo types for each weapon which drastically change the way they shoot. It also regularly mixes up what you are going. There are levels with flying, basic shmup elements, basic puzzles and a variety of boss fights. As someone who has no experience with the show I still enjoyed it a lot. The art is bright and colourful cel-shaded styling. And honestly there is enough content here that they could have had a platinum.

Lbd998d.png

100% - The King of Fighters '97 Global Match

Just like when @FrumpleOrz when he spoke about The Last Blade 2 this is a SNK classic fighting game that has stunning sprite work and animations. But also being a SNK game it has absolute bullshit AI that even on the easiest difficulty will regularly read your inputs and do 1 frame responses. It makes the a lot of fights feel very unfair and luck based. When they don't do that it's actually quite fun. A very uninspired trophy list though. Just play some multiplayer and beat the arcade mode 15 times with different teams of characters.

L5a7a99.png

100% - Fairune

3 for 3 on the art in this post. I thought the sprite work was prefect for this style of game. The game itself is like a zelda-lite. It's combat is little more then walking into enemies and if you level is high enough you beat them. But wandering around the world deciphering various clues to figure out what to do next was very fun. There were a few spots where it was a little too obtuse and I had to resort to a guide to get myself back on track, but for the most part it was a fantastic time. My 100% run took me just under 2 hours, so its a little on the short side. 1 to 2 more hours of content to play would have been nice. Trophy list was pretty good overall. Requires a 100% run and a 1 hour speed run. Only trophy I thought was bad was one for getting 5000 enemy kills which by the time I had finished both my runs I was at 2400 kills so it took about another hour to get the rest just focusing on them. Overall this is something I would recommend playing. Will look into getting the sequels on PC.

Total Plats: 10

Total 100%: 12

7 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

The fact that its a stupidly easy plat is exactly why I haven't bought it and a bunch of other games like Duck Souls, and Daggerhood. They look like decent fun but I kind of don't like plats that are over 90%. I did buy a bunch of the Sometimes You games which are over 90% and I already feel dirty about it.

Haha, I'm shameless and simply don't care about how anyone might think about my plats.  I think I'm just getting old and like what I like.  I enjoy the games and that's all that matters in the end, right?  Like I figure I've played a lot of the Ratalika games on PC in some form already without trophies and enjoyed them (Distraint and Football Game are two games that I loved before even finding out they have console/handheld ports for example) and if I had let the idea of easy plats get into my head, I would've missed out on some great games.  I get there's a stigma around that stuff but at the end of the day, a good game's a good game, right?  I dunno, I'm also hammered right now so maybe I'm just in a really forgiving mood.

That Phineas & Ferb game is surprisingly fun too.  My wife managed to grab me a cart from Italy when she was over there on her job and I enjoyed playing through that myself a few years back.  It's a lot better than it had any right to be.

I am way behind on my updates.  The mother-in-law has been in the house and I haven't had a chance to play game as much as I would like.  I did get a few burned out a couple days ago though.

Lb581cf.png

Sigi: A Fart For Mesaluna -   It would've been pretty fun if the framerate would've been decent when the action got hectic!  I like the idea of it but the bosses are unfair and that framerate kills it.  I don't hate it but I would've been furious if I paid more than 99 cents for it.

L91b7ac.png

Planet RIX-13 - Another 99 cent-er and I'm not sure how to feel about it.  I dig the atmosphere and the puzzles weren't too obtuse but I also had a hard time grasping what the point of the whole ordeal was.  I guess it was solid enough but there was a je ne sais quoi missing to it that I just couldn't grasp onto why I was doing everything.

La203cf.png

Bucket Knight -  Another game that's supposedly inspired by NES aesthetics (or I guess since this dev is Russian it'd be Dendy stuff, right?) but it seems to miss the mark.  It doesn't feel like an 8-bit game and just generally uses the aesthetics in a very modern form that I wager the dev is probably a younger person making games inspired by games inspired by the era, if that makes sense.  I'm willing to be wrong, but 8-bit console never felt correct in this.  I was reminded more of those old DOS shareware compilations than anything, where you'd get like a modded pirate copy of Wolfenstein and a hundred barely function shareware garbage to fill the CD-ROM.  That's a long way to say I didn't like it much.

L92b901.png

Kawaii Deathu Desu - Have you ever played a game that made you realize things about yourself that you're kind of ashamed to face?  That's this game for me.  I loved this stupid stupid stupid game.  It's essentially One FInger Death Punch if it were dumb and horny instead of brilliant.  There is no skill involved with this, it's just hammering on the left d-pad and the circle button to smash the things coming at you and grinding out kills.  It's a game that's held together with chewed gum and used band-aids and it crashes constantly.  I'm pretty sure I damaged my left hand from playing this game so much in such a short amount of time, not as much as when I caused my hand to be crippled from Rock Band 2 for 12 hours straight and I couldn't run the cash register at my job back in the day, but my hand still hurt for hours.  Don't play this game, it's bad and stupid.  I can't recommend it to anyone but I loved every minute of it and wished it made me grind more.  It's one of those bad games that I can't help but love.  No one else will like it.

TOTALS SINCE MARCH 30:

Platinums: 45

100%: 14

• Like 1