how much would you have to spend on dlc b4 july?

melodicmizery

im looking at around $350-$400 on dlc if i wanted to buy it all before the store goes down.
the most expensive being black ops $60, two worlds $50, dragon age 2 $27

im sure there is more but i just made a quick rough estimate list for myself. some games i can get a goty on ebay for cheaper. i doubt i'll dive $300+ in. i just bought painkillers dlc and it was $21. and you earn the trophies faster then you can download the dlc so it was a complete stupid waste yet i still did it lol. 

I thought I was good, but after looking into the games i own- I was  short on 3 games.

Tonight I picked up a $10 DLC for Tales of Zestiria, and the $15 Zombies pack for Black Ops 3.

I still have to pick up all the DLC for Disgaga 2, but that's going to come out to $60 after tax. Stupid DLC too, but I know If I skipped it, I'd regret it later on (Even though I'm not a completionist).

Looked at the Skyrim DLC. Added up the price of all the packs (roughly £45). Laughed and ordered a copy of the Legendary edition on eBay for £8 instead

Outside of that, only had a handful of games where I didn’t own the DLC already (or it’s delisted so I’m SOL) and they were all £5 or less

• Like 1

I generally care more about the 100% than the platinum itself.

luckily I haven’t played many PS3 games, and those I have I finished quickly as they had little or no online component, and minimal or no DLC. 
All in Canadian
Black Ops 2 Season Pass $50

Modern Warfare 3 (DLC1-3) $60

Black Ops 1 (DLC1-4) $80

Back in January(?) I bought Arkham: Origins’: A Cold, Cold Heart for $14. Literally owned it on 360 and can get it (plus the game and ALL DLC) on Steam when it goes on sale for $10. But I still thought it was worth it (2, maybe 3 hours worth of content too ?)
I also bought COD World at War’s DLC 2 & 3 for $13 a piece.

Still not sure if I’m willing to spend $190 for DLC that was released in 2011, 2012 & 2013... 

If I did have to pick one up it’d definitely be BO2’s. Cheapest of them. Has Mob & Buried which haven’t been put into the new games (Blood of the Dead in BO4 was garbage).

I know the MW3 is garbage so I’d legit just be spending $60 for like 20 trophies.... jeez.

And while I enjoy BO1 Zombies, all of its maps have been ported into the best COD Zombies (Black Ops 3). And that was $40. At launch...

Edited by OmegaRejectz
  • Like 2

After looking into it, it's a lot less bad than I had feared.

Asura's Wrath $10, Drakengard 3 $25, Dead Nation $4, Prince of Persia $10, The Bureau: X-Com $5.

I haven't started Asura's Wrath so will probably just write it off. The other one I'm on the fence about is Prince of Persia.

Got 50$ voucher today,i copped 

Reverie

Resurrection

Revelations both for castlevania 1 and 2.

I cannot find mgs revengeance  and its dlc on ps store australia so i might pass.

Watchdogs ill just do ps4 version one day.

Modern warfare3 dlc =80$+ so i might pass also on this one.

I think thats it for me cannot think of anythign more .

Very happy today.

Not sure, but I'd guess around $150, minimum. Fortunately, I no longer give enough of a damn to throw away money on overpriced old crap for the sake of completionism. Not without a sale, anyway, and that ain't happening.

I did buy the "Arrival" DLC for Mass Effect 2, however. Don't know if I'll get anything else.

• Like 1

Fortunately I dont have any ps3 games on my account but I at least want black ops and world at war before the store closes. How the hell is it still so expensive though? Games are like a decade old!

Watch my dumb ass buy all the DLC I want then they have a big sale in the last month to commemorate the closure.

Yeah dont support this shit by giving them more of your money. Hide the game from your trophies or start a new profile if completion matters to you that much.

Sony's stance on pricing older content is disgusting. I was considering getting the Killzone shadowfall 100% but the DLC hasnt been on sale since 2018 according to PS Prices. I could literally buy 2 AAA games for the same price as that DLC.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JediKnight_327 said:

Yeah dont support this shit by giving them more of your money. Hide the game from your trophies or start a new profile if completion matters to you that much.

Sony's stance on pricing older content is disgusting. I was considering getting the Killzone shadowfall 100% but the DLC hasnt been on sale since 2018 according to PS Prices. I could literally buy 2 AAA games for the same price as that DLC.

Not disputing your sentiment, but I think the culprit is the individual publishers - I don't think Sony set the prices

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Not disputing your sentiment, but I think the culprit is the individual publishers - I don't think Sony set the prices

Sony is arguably partially to blame, as they supposedly stopped allowing publishers to put PS3/Vita games on sale.

But, yeah, I'd say that the bulk of the blame goes to the publishers for not permanently reducing their prices.

Far Cry 4 is the only one I've started on my trophy list that I don't own the DLC for so I'll be spending $23 on that. It costs the same as I paid for the physical PS4 version that came with a code for its season pass and included delivery which is ridiculous.

There's plenty of other stuff that I would have bought had there been a final sale with big discounts, but I'm just not going to bother because of how expensive it all is (well over $300).