Days Gone and Zombie Army 4 are April's PS+ games

Abby_TheLastofUs

I don't think having Days Gone in the PS Collection would stop Sony from offering it as a Plus game. After all, not that many people have PS5 at the moment. I have finished the game recently, twice, and it was a pleasant surprise. The story was decent, characters memorable, and combat serviceable. There were a few things that absolutely annoyed me; the main characters voice actor on the radio when riding on a bike, I wanted to punch that guy. It starts slow and it suffers from the ridiculous "oh this is so survival game" mechanics, but overall, I can recommend it.

I hope the Zombie Army 4 leak is correct, I enjoyed the Trilogy a lot.

3 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Day's Gone would be a bad joke if true. It's already free for PS+ players...

People who own a PS5, yes. But, you have to remember that PS5 owners are getting Oddworld next month, PS4 owners don't get it. So them adding Days Gone would simply be a game for them to counter the game we have extra.

I have a PS5 and own Days Gone, so I'd rather it be something else, but if it is that then I have no issue as it's still technically offering them a game they shouldn't have been able to redeem.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JediKnight_327 said:

So it took a spot on the monthly PS Now lineup a few months back, it was on the PS collection for PS5 and Now its taking up a spot on the PS+ lineup. Great work Sony! I'll remind you in a few months if you want to use it to take up a spot in another month on PS Now like you did with Horizon.

It will be a Play at Home title in May. Definitely.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, turniplord said:

People who own a PS5, yes. But, you have to remember that PS5 owners are getting Oddworld next month, PS4 owners don't get it. So them adding Days Gone would simply be a game for them to counter the game we have extra.

I have a PS5 and own Days Gone, so I'd rather it be something else, but if it is that then I have no issue as it's still technically offering them a game they shouldn't have been able to redeem.

I see the point your trying to make, but disagree, The PS+ collection should be something to help encourage players to buy the PS5 and a PS+ subscription. It loses value when you own most of the games.

For reference, I already own a physical copy so, I was screwed in both cases.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

38 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Day's Gone would be a bad joke if true. It's already free for PS+ players...

Days Gone is free in PS+ collection which is exclusive to PS5 owner

Ps5 sold roughly 6 million units 

PS4 sold 114 Million 

let's say out of 114 million 50 million real ps+ accounts

I doubt 50% of this player played the game 

where is the joke in that ?? 

4 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

I never understood the 'hate' for Days Gone, it's a good game. If you haven't tried it yet it's good fun for some 30-odd hours

great if it becomes available for everyone not just ps5 owners as part of the Collection

Days Gone has a really weak first half so a lot of people interested probably never made it through that, and it had enough technical issues at launch to give everyone else an excuse to pass.

It's a long game and I don't blame people for bailing when a big chunk of the beginning is pretty dry, cliche and repetitive... I thought about and did bail once or twice myself... but I strongly recommend people either give it another chance or push a bit further because at the half way point it goes from average to great pretty effortlessly.  Both in story, and in the fact that hordes are an absolute thrill to fight.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, cometowner said:

Days Gone is free in PS+ collection which is exclusive to PS5 owner

Ps5 sold roughly 6 million units 

PS4 sold 114 Million 

let's say out of 114 million 50 million real ps+ accounts

I doubt 50% of this player played the game 

where is the joke in that ?? 

47M subscribers. Most of those don't care about the games, a lot are PS5 owners so already have the game, a lot will have already bought the game, a lot will have played it through PS Now..  Why not choose a game that will attract more interest and please most instead of pissing a lot of people off. Its just very poor imo, they already have the license for it to be on Plus so its a cheap move to put it as a main PS4 monthly game. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, da_Heino said:

It's not a good month if it's true. Not just because Days Gone is already free for PS5 users, but the second game is also some zombie survival game (?). Kinda disappointing if you're not into that genre.

Not a zombie survival game at all. It's a mod of sniper elite except all enemies are zombies and its freaking great!

4 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

*Sits in front of his PS4 and waves*

Ya I had the same thought of why would they put it on ps+, then I realized, and they already probably paid so it wouldn't hurt them financially to just throw it on ps+ for everyone now. So it makes sense