Days Gone and Zombie Army 4 are April's PS+ games

Abby_TheLastofUs

1 hour ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

Soulstorm was confirmed a few weeks ago during a State of Play. I'm looking forward to it too, I've never played an Oddworld game.

New n Tasty was free for PS+ too. These are both remakes though, but I think New n Tasty added some vital improvements, like quick save, or replay sections, even time trial etc, and different difficulties, and even more people to save. The second game did already have the quick save feature though, and more people to save etc. Apparently they've extended this game by quite a bit. 

The games play a lot like Heart of Darkness, Another World and original Prince of Persia.

HoD is still a great play btw.

Edited by MMDE

Like I already said, I already own both of these games, but I am not complaining, since I have lots of games to keep me busy and I am currently working on Hitman 2, which is a joy to play.

About these games: Days Gone isn’t a bad game, but it isn’t that great either; the best part is fighting the hordes, but you barely do that during the campaign. I had a blast with the challenges, though, and I recommend everyone to give them a try. Working on the challenges was, probably, my gaming moment of 2019.

I like co-op games, so I bought ZA4 a year ago. Honestly, it isn’t that good; it’s too dull and easy. I think they just want to sell you the DLCs.

Also, you can count with two easy platinums! ?

For those 100% completionists out there....just know that Zombie Army 4 requires you to buy their season pass 1 & 2 DLC's (normally $36 each but looks like they are on sale now for $18 each). Or you can buy the levels individually for about $7 each I believe. They are also rumored to be working on a season 3 pass later this year so just a heads up before you dive in. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

Days Gone makes sense because it's the main game I'm playing at the moment ? but also makes no sense because it's on the  PS Plus collection games so putting it on that and then on Plus seperately seems dumb and I don't have all that much interest in Zombie Army 4: Dead War

I stand by my original comment for Days Gone and I would like to add that it's a really good game and I'm enjoying my time with it but putting it on PS Plus when it's already a collection title to me seems like an extremely cheap move and I'll have to look into Zomibe Army 4 to see if I'm interested in playing it because I don't know all that much about it.

Edit:

What's dead army like for a solo player??

Edited by Bluefalcon2210
added a question

7 minutes ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

What's dead army like for a solo player??

You can play solo. The enemies scale to how many people are in your party but you won't be able to get the platinum that way. One of the trophies is complete all levels with at least a full squad of 4 people but you can matchmake or set up a boosting party to knock it out

56 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Hmmm, 6-7/10 from me.  Already have DG (8.5/10 game) and not interested on the other 2. 

Hope there is a good sale today, I need me a new game or maybe I'll pull the trigger and finally buy Demon's Souls Re. 

So it's a 6-7/10 even though you're not getting any games? 

I'd love to be so positive!

Even though Days Gone is already part of the PlayStation Plus Collection (and was recently part of PlayStation Now's lineup, and generally goes on sale frequently), it's still the highlight of this month. Beyond the surface and first number of hours Days Gone is an incredible game, especially on PS5—the definitive experience—among the better designed openworld titles. Having played it this year, the game filled the voids that other games (The Last of Us: Part II and) Horizon Zero Dawn left for me. I'm also obligated to mention that Days Gone is factually not a zombie game. .

Before even considering the quality of Zombie Army 4, there's already a red flag with the whole paid DLC for completion situation. In contrast, all of Days Gone's DLC tied to its trophies are free (and difficulty wise it's challenging but not overly hard). I don't see ZA4 hitting it off like Killing Floor 2 and Dead by Daylight did when they were distributed. Oddworld looks alright.

Edited by EcoShifter

For everyone upset at Days Gone being on here and saying it was already “free”. Be considerate of all PS4 owners who don’t own a PS5 and don’t have access to the PS+ Collection.

So with that being said, I don’t really care about Days Gone.

Edited by Crzy Minus

Good lineup but my ps plus run out this month, and since sony is fucking stupid I'll have to either renew my subscription and miss out on ps3 content forever(?) or get the last ps3 things I want.

Days Gone is on ps+ collection, I can buy soulstorm for ps4 and get the ps5 ver. and I'll buy ZA4 at some point the future. Good month to skip renewing.

Already own Day's Gone. It's a decent game overall. I'd recommend it for people who like open world games, but be wary if you hate horror to avoid it (I'm sure you knew this though already lol).

Will grab the other two. Zombie Army is usually pretty great. 

Oddworld is sort of "eh" for me. Will be cool to have another free PS5 game though.