6 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Renegade Ops 

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light 

Warhammer Kill Team 

Red Faction Battlegrounds

Battlefield 1943

Castlevania Mirror of Fate 

Castlevania Harmony of Despair 

I am pretty sure there is a disc version of Castlevania Lords of Shadow that has Mirror of Fate on it as well.

• Like 1

Alice: The Madness Returns is a great game - it’s available on disc, but the pack-in prequel Alice is provided via download code, and has trophies as dlc for the main game, so I’m not sure what the status of getting that will be post-shutdown....

might be worth thinking about if the game interests

• Like 1

Maybe this has been answered and I missed it, but do I have to have downloaded purchased games to be able to redownload them after the store closes or just bought them? I have a ton of purchased content, so if I have to actually download and delete,  I need to start soon. Not to mention games to install and check for dlc?

23 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Some of these may be available on disc that was a special release or something, or on PS4, but I think they're mostly digital only.

Braid

Dead Nation

Duck Tales Remastered (looks like there's a high priced disc version)

Galaga Legions DX

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Shatter

Tokyo Jungle

I can confirm that Tokyo Jungle was bundled in a PS3 collection called Best of PlayStation Network Vol. 1 with Fat Princess, When Vikings Attack and Sounshapes.

photo-2021-03-31-14-27-40.jpg

11 minutes ago, SG_Pfa said:

I am pretty sure there is a disc version of Castlevania Lords of Shadow that has Mirror of Fate on it as well.

It's the Castlevania Lords of Shadow Collection, but Mirror of Fate came only as a download code for the game. Sealed copies might be rare depending on location, so it may be a good idea to buy from the Store.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crimfatale said:

i think god of war chains of olympus and ghosts of sparata are digital only since even in the retail disc its a download code irc

counter strike ps3 digital only

life is strange ps3 digital only

call of duty classic 

far cry classic digital only

also maybe metal gear collection and silent hill collection have downloads as well

Hmm, might grab CS:GO/Life/COD, though I think Far Cry Classic may be too dated. 

11 minutes ago, Moridin83 said:

Maybe this has been answered and I missed it, but do I have to have downloaded purchased games to be able to redownload them after the store closes or just bought them? I have a ton of purchased content, so if I have to actually download and delete,  I need to start soon. Not to mention games to install and check for dlc1f62d.png

If they appear in your download list, you should be able to download them later on.

Just now, ike343 said:

I'm trying to think of DLCs that will disappear.

Mass Effect 2 DLCs

Mass Effect 3 DLCs

Dragon Age II DLCs

I've heard Bioshock 2 DLC is available on disc in the rapture collection. Still goes for fairly cheap.

MW3/W@W/BO1/BO2/BO3/Ghosts/AW for Call of Duty DLCs.

Prince of Persia Epilogue DLC

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 1 & 2 DLCs

Lego Avengers/Star Wars: Force Awakens/Batman 3 DLCs

Think Sound Shapes DLCs?

Arkham City/Origins DLCs

Watch Dogs DLC

Worms Series DLCs

Wipeout HD DLCs

Dragon Age/Crysis/Dishonored/Deus Ex/Skyrim/Enslaved: Odyssey to the West/Dante's Inferno/Borderlands/Battlefield/Assassin's Creed/Fallout/Far Cry/etc. DLCs (though I don't know how much of these have a GOTY/Complete Edition physical version).

Personally, I'll likely look into Enslaved, PoP, MW3, Arkham, Borderlands 1, and Dante, but who knows. 

Was going to say this in that one other topic, but here works too. Excluding potentially limited physical prints that I might not know about-

• Rain
  • Far Cry Classic (standalone)
  • I Am Alive

Not recommending Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2, because (while they're fully playable, fully functional, good,  and fun) it's an enhanced re-release of the first enhanced and flawed re-release, the Gamecube versions, which has already had its relatively high number of problems (even with its improvements in other areas), especially ones greatly impacting the story and making it look inconsistent or poor in areas that it actually isn't. So unless you're playing strictly for the gameplay and trophies while skipping the cutscenes and story entirely and not caring about lighting and shadow inconsistencies, they're not worth getting on PSN (or Xbox). For similar reasons, more gameplay and technical based, I also do not recommend Call of Duty Classic on consoles.

Edited by EcoShifter

Still on asian stores, these PS2 Classis Gems...

- The King of Fighters NEST Saga

- The King of Fighters Orochi Collection

- Art of Fighting Anthology 

- Fatal Fury Anthology

Also Samurai Shodown Games, Sony should do a "Good Bye PS3 Store" sale before the close ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cometowner said:

correct me if am wrong 

far cry classic & blood dragon can be played on a physical edition 

Far Cry The Wild Expedition (PS3): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

now whether they are in disk or digital code .. i cant say 

10 hours ago, Letenko22 said:

They are a download code, one time use of course. I wish they were on disc.

NA has a copy of Blood Dragon on the DiscEx1YCC9XEAQPI7T?format=jpg&name=large

3 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

MW3/W@W/BO1/BO2/BO3/Ghosts/AW for Call of Duty DLCs.

Prince of Persia Epilogue DLC

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 1 & 2 DLCs

Lego Avengers/Star Wars: Force Awakens/Batman 3 DLCs

Think Sound Shapes DLCs?

Arkham City/Origins DLCs

Watch Dogs DLC

Worms Series DLCs

Wipeout HD DLCs

Dragon Age/Crysis/Dishonored/Deus Ex/Skyrim/Enslaved: Odyssey to the West/Dante's Inferno/Borderlands/Battlefield/Assassin's Creed/Fallout/Far Cry/etc. DLCs (though I don't know how much of these have a GOTY/Complete Edition physical version).

Personally, I'll likely look into Enslaved, PoP, MW3, Arkham, Borderlands 1, and Dante, but who knows. 

Ah yeah I always meant to get Prince of Persia. Doesn't Asura's Wrath have an epilogue DLC as well?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, B1rvine said:

There's actually a section on the PS3 called "Top Digital-Only Games." Anyway, I'll give some recommendations. 

Some of these may be available on disc that was a special release or something, or on PS4, but I think they're mostly digital only.

Braid

Dead Nation

Duck Tales Remastered (looks like there's a high priced disc version)

Galaga Legions DX

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Shatter

Tokyo Jungle

For PSOne Classics, I'll highly recommend the Suikoden series in general. Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross are pretty good too.

Braid is on PS Now so we won’t totally lose that one (although I know that service isn’t an option for everyone)

I’ve spent years wavering over whether to pick up Duck Tales. This might be the push to finally make the decision. Lol

6 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

The PS3 version of Dead or Alive 5 Last Round will be gone as well, digital only

Can you coach me up a little bit on this?  I own Ultimate which was upgraded to Last Round via an update, but the trophies are still Ultimate. When I look up Last Round on the PS3 store, I only see the free-to-play core fighters version. What am I missing?

3 hours ago, Corrosivescott said:

NA has a copy of Blood Dragon on the DiscEx1YCC9XEAQPI7T?format=jpg&name=large

Buyer beware on this one. Apparently there are two versions of this. One with Blood Dragon on disc and one with Blood Dragon as a digital redemption code. There is no way to tell from the exterior. I bought this as I was told Blood Dragon was on disc, but alas my copy came with a code instead. 

13 minutes ago, DrEvilGuapo said:

Can you coach me up a little bit on this?  I own Ultimate which was upgraded to Last Round via an update, but the trophies are still Ultimate. When I look up Last Round on the PS3 store, I only see the free-to-play core fighters version. What am I missing?

Buyer beware on this one. Apparently there are two versions of this. One with Blood Dragon on disc and one with Blood Dragon as a digital redemption code. There is no way to tell from the exterior. I bought this as I was told Blood Dragon was on disc, but alas my copy came with a code instead. 

Search "Last Round" it'll come up as one of the top results. This is what it will look like on the store

j2dCXEe.jpg

Edit: In the results, there will be 2 Last Round listings, one is called Last Round: Core Fighters, and the other one is just called Last Round. The one just called last round is the full game listing, it was the bottom result for me on the store in the top results list

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1