Free in the PS Store?

StrangeGuy_3000

I remember being fooled like this with Mass Effect: Andromeda two years ago on my previous account. It looked like a store error at first but then upon starting the download my system notifications displayed "Trial" in brackets next to the game's title. It's now The Last Supper April Fools in Australia and New Zealand so that could explain the supposed bait or perhaps it's just coincidence.

8 hours ago, Andreh-Feijoh said:

i've finished the first race, the tutorial (?), and didn't pop anything.

but it served it's purpose, i enjoyed it, i'll buy it down the road, after they patched the dualsense features on PS5

I customized the livery and the trophy "+10 HRSPRS" popped, check it in my profile.

It would be the 1st time in my unjustified existence I get a trophy from a trial

Dirt games are notoriously infamous for their enormous size, so not surprising to see such number, 

Winning trophies in a trial, that is a first, I wonder if this is planned or if someone at Codemaster messed up at something?

interresting... thanks for the info

I noticed that once "purchased", the game is no more labelled as 'trial' in the library and the store,

Also the URL is containing EP4001-CUSA16194_00-FULLGAME00000000

I can't access my ps4 for now, so lets wait and see!

Dunno how interested I'd be in this (I usually prefer arcade-style racing games over more sim-like titles) but I added this to my account because... well... it's free.

I'll probably make a dummy account to test how much you can play with this "trial" and if I even like it.

24 minutes ago, blue_blur_98 said:

Dunno how interested I'd be in this (I usually prefer arcade-style racing games over more sim-like titles)

I believe this is pretty arcady. Dirt Rally is the more sim-like series, mainline Dirt titles have always been more arcade/casual friendly.

People who played it even say the game feels very in line with the Motorstorm games (part of the former Evolution Studios team worked on this game).

9 hours ago, duncanmcleod said:

I'm installing it right now and it weights almost 50Go ... Aren't trials supposed to be lighter ? Unless we can only play a couple hours on it before it gets locked somehow, but why allow to install the whole package then ? 

Trials have no specific size. It's just the full game with a time limit. You don't have to create a demo  when you could do that.

It could even free for just a couple of days at this point.