Free in the PS Store?

StrangeGuy_3000

16 minutes ago, jossmilan7412 said:

It works, i was playing it on my alt account and got 3 trophies in a few minutes. Just download the Trial Version and you'll get the full game with no timer or expiration date. Do it as soon as you can.

Yep, I've been playing it a couple hours today, everything is accessible, and we can go for the plat on this version. It must be a bug, othewise it's the best trial version ever released.  

And I wonder if Codemasters could reverse the thing since we all officially downloaded the trial version, as shown by receipts ... I don't think so because the full game is installed, but that'd be interesting to know how much leverage a developper has on this kind of upload mistakes. 

Edited by duncanmcleod

10 minutes ago, duncanmcleod said:

Yep, I've been playing it a couple hours today, everything is accessible, and we can go for the plat on this version. It must be a bug, othewise it's the best trial version ever released.  

And I wonder if Codemasters could reverse the thing since we all officially downloaded the trial version, as shown by receipts ... I don't think so because the full game is installed, but that'd be interesting to know how much leverage a developper has on this kind of upload mistakes. 

Of course they could. 

• Like 1

Just now, aby90 said:

What is the situation like now? can you still unlock trophies and platinum with the trial ?

The person above you says it's free to play on PS4 until April 5 according to Twitter, but looks like it's still deemed a trial but people are still earning trophies. You could probably platinum it in that time. 

Even if it is just a trial, it's not that weird to be able to unlock trophies. The Division's trial unlocked trophies. I think back on the PS3 all trials did iirc. 

11 minutes ago, SKIT_ZOFRENIX said:

From what I read on a website, it will be until the 5th or 7th of April, that is, see if until the 10th it will be available to play.

My question:
if it really is a test or trial; had the trophies won disappeared from the list or remained?

SKIT_ZOFRENIX.png

once synchronized, trophies can never disappear from the profile. what can happen, as they are speculating, is this "demo" ceasing to be full.

The PlayStation is actually so poorly made. I mean yeah, when you purchase things it probably does a gazillion different things, but I mean, it’s a billion dollar company so it’d be alarming if it didn’t. But so many things will just exclude information, for The Division, the Gold Edition literally doesn’t say it’s the gold eidtion, the only way you’d know is by looking at the image. And most people wouldn’t bother to look at it. There’s plenty of cases where it doesn’t say it’s a demo or says it a full game or something of that sort when that simply isn’t true.

8 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

The PlayStation is actually so poorly made. I mean yeah, when you purchase things it probably does a gazillion different things, but I mean, it’s a billion dollar company so it’d be alarming if it didn’t. But so many things will just exclude information, for The Division, the Gold Edition literally doesn’t say it’s the gold eidtion, the only way you’d know is by looking at the image. And most people wouldn’t bother to look at it. There’s plenty of cases where it doesn’t say it’s a demo or says it a full game or something of that sort when that simply isn’t true.

yeah, i have to agree. Sony apparently doesn't give a fuck lol.

4 hours ago, NZBigC said:

My son just bought the Energy DLC pack. I guess this ain't a free platinum after all... :facepalm:

Sorry, but I find this funny.

We could platinum this Free Trial, in theory. The 1000 miles trophy would be the longest. I heard it was 10,000 miles at the beginning, what were the developers thinking? Maybe: "They will play our online mode FOREVER!!".

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sikutai said:

Sorry, but I find this funny.

What's even funnier (annoying to me) is that I put him in a race and thought 'sweet, this will knock off a few miles towards the 1k miles trophy'. Literally 2 minutes later he is at the menu and has purchased the Energy DLC... At least on the bright side, it is DLC with trophies that is only $20 and not something that costs a lot more (imagine if he somehow bought/unlocked the 'full version').

• Like 1

So what is the rough estimate on time to platinum this? If we have until April 5th (https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/1377607945232482309) then that gives 3-4 days from now. Personally I'm only going to be able to play for 2 of those, so would this be completable with that amount of time? The only trophy guide I could find for it was prior to changing "spare some change for gas" but lists it as 15-20 hours for everything but that. With the change is 20-25 hours a good estimate?

I have a tip for the 1000 Miles Trophy. Go to Playgrounds and search: 10K Trophy AFK 2 Tracks

Don't forget to drive through the Finish Line if you want to end your AFK Farming Session, that is important.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sikutai said:

I have a tip for the 1000 Miles Trophy. Go to Playgrounds and search: 10K Trophy AFK 2 Tracks

Don't forget to drive through the Finish Line if you want to end your AFK Farming Session, that is important.

This playground race is extremely usefull indeed ! The 1000 miles trophy is a hell of a grind and I advice anyone who'd like to get platinum before the 5th to start farming for it right now. From what I've seen here and there, when finishing the entire campaign, you'll end up with 600 miles, which leaves a lot of laps to do in Playground. 

• Like 1

Not sure to understand how the limitation works (and I have no internet connection at home right now to test it)

This seems to be the full version of the game, so how can Sony prevent you from playing after April the 5th ? is there a licence expiration on it, as on any PS+ games ?

30 minutes ago, RustyZero said:

Not sure to understand how the limitation works (and I have no internet connection at home right now to test it)

This seems to be the full version of the game, so how can Sony prevent you from playing after April the 5th ? is there a licence expiration on it, as on any PS+ games ?

I am not sure (someone else can probably answer better) but my guess is through a patch that checks if you own the license for the full blown game.  

If you turn off automatic updates and do not install the patch, then you could continue playing.  Of course, you’d miss out on any online trophies after the patch goes live.

Again, just speculating.