Free in the PS Store?

StrangeGuy_3000

20 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

I have all Trophies now except the Trophy for 1000 Miles. This will be my first Platinum with a Demo/Free Trial. Thanks Codemasters.

to your earlier question, can you play through the career on easy setting to make it go quicker?

55 minutes ago, djb5f said:

to your earlier question, can you play through the career on easy setting to make it go quicker?

Yes you can. But why do you want to take the difficult path and play on easy? I played on very easy. Yes, there is a difficult setting lower than easy.

Very Easy - Easy - Normal - Hard - Very Hard

My Profile says I played 15h, 38 minutes until now. That minus 1 hour Online Racing and minus 1 or 2 hours AFK Farming  and minus the time in the menue is the time I needed to finish all Events in the Career Mode. And now comes the AFK Miles Farming, I'll maybe need 8 more hours for that. I have 608 Miles now. And I'll play a bit more the Online Mode, it's fun.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, NZBigC said:

What's even funnier (annoying to me) is that I put him in a race and thought 'sweet, this will knock off a few miles towards the 1k miles trophy'. Literally 2 minutes later he is at the menu and has purchased the Energy DLC... At least on the bright side, it is DLC with trophies that is only $20 and not something that costs a lot more (imagine if he somehow bought/unlocked the 'full version').

You can change your options for payment on your Playstation, to make it so you need to add your password  when you  need to buy something, while you can do all other "normal" actions on that account, without requiring to use the password,  I was scared something like this would happen if I wasn't present, and thus far, never had any problems.

• Like 1

Downloading.  I'll play on a guest just to be safe.  If I like it, I'll buy it later. 

One question tho, is this the PS4 version? Doesn't say PS5 on the top left, beside the game name. 

Example:

DIRT 5 tm | PS4

?

Edit:

Good game, might buy it later once the complete edition is out.  The music is great too. 

Edited by Fr_0zt

36 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Dang, I just found out about this. What do you guys think of the game? Is it fun? With only a few days left to play I’m wondering if this would even be worth starting, as I’d have to basically play all day throughout the weekend.

If you like a VERY arcade offroad racing game you are in for a treat. The handling feels like it came straight for the early 2000's with some quality of life updates, and the presentation is more modern but with no frills. 

44 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

What do you guys think of the game? Is it fun?

Track design, colors, wild weather, are all very reminiscent of MotorStorm and DriveClub. Unfortunately, the driving is more like OnRush. But it's still pretty fun. 7,5/10.

14 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

One question tho, is this the PS4 version? Doesn't say PS5 on the top left, beside the game name. 

Yeah, it's the PS4 version. The PS5 version doesn't have a trial.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ElBolovo said:

If you like a VERY arcade offroad racing game you are in for a treat. The handling feels like it came straight for the early 2000's with some quality of life updates, and the presentation is more modern but with no frills. 

I’m not really a big racing fan in general, but from the ones I’ve played so far I do seem to much prefer the fun of an arcade style racer rather than a more realistic driving sim. I decided to say fuck it and grab this one and so far I’m not regretting that decision! It’s pretty decent so far. I just hope I can finish it before the end of the weekend.

7 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Dang, I just found out about this. What do you guys think of the game? Is it fun?

I liked Dirt Rally 2.0 a lot more, even if it was a bit to hard for me. I like the Online Mode in DiRT 5, because I can win there against other human players. And I usually never win in Racing Games online.

Edited by Sikutai

13 hours ago, Sikutai said:

I liked Dirt Rally 2.0 a lot more, even if it was a bit to hard for me. I like the Online Mode in DiRT 5, because I can win there against other human players. And I usually never win in Racing Games online.

I forgot Dirt Rally 2.0 was free on PS+ awhile back, as I noticed it sitting in my library beside Dirt 5. I’m enjoying this one so I may have to play 2.0 as my next racing title. It looks pretty similar trophy wise. ?

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

I forgot Dirt Rally 2.0 was free on PS+ awhile back, as I noticed it sitting in my library beside Dirt 5. I’m enjoying this one so I may have to play 2.0 as my next racing title. It looks pretty similar trophy wise. 1f642.png

Dirt Rally 2.0 is completely different from Dirt 5, it's a realistic Rally Game and much harder.

Downloaded about a few hours ago and completed the second chapter. 109 miles down in 3 hours 22 mins.
It's a fun arcade game, I just wish games like this didn't have the annoying, loud, obnoxious commentators that are 'OMG, so hilarious'. They already ruined The Crew and NFS with all this INSTAGRAM 'rep' crap. They should have a separate game name for this stuff though, 'DiRt ToDdLeRs' or something. Not saying I wouldn't buy it, just that I'd know to mute all voice. :P

Apart from that, just skipping the commentators annoying mouth, it is a fun game. Decent graphics, love the mud effects on the cars, sounds pretty nice too. Play it with optimised framerate though. I tried on visual and it made the PS5 version quite jerky.

EDIT: And it seems I'm playing the PS4 version. As OBVIOUSLY when I'm on my PS5, I want this £500 brick to download the last generation version. FML.

Edited by OpenScars

Wow, another trial with trophy compability, I guess Sony really wants to give us games. Noice :dance:

Strangely, this also occurred when I installed a Japanese Trial of Minecraft: The entire game and trophies were included (Online features still require PS+, so sadly no 100%, too poor :dunno:). I'm not complaining, those 100+ trophies were very helpful to my account xD

Edited by SaAlLoAg

On 2021-03-31 at 6:29 AM, StrangeGuy_3000 said:

This game is showing up as free for me in the deals section on PS5. It doesn't say it's a demo or anything, says it's the ps4 version of the game - does it currently have a free trial going on or something?

Thks mate - plat is completed because of you

it was a fun racing game ??

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Bruh. Why you gotta rain on my parade like dat. ☹️

This game is ok but total shit compared to Dirt rally. Don't let the differences deter you from trying one of the best racers out there. It is drastically different though.

Also for #2 the plat should be pretty easy, just not a total breeze like Dirt 5. The dlc on the other hand is a far different story.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Angus1343 said:

This game is ok but total shit compared to Dirt rally. Don't let the differences deter you from trying one of the best racers out there. It is drastically different though.

Also for #2 the plat should be pretty easy, just not a total breeze like Dirt 5. The dlc on the other hand is a far different story.

One is arcade one is sim

——— inhate sim racing game ✌️

1 hour ago, Angus1343 said:

Dirt 5 is an arcade racer, and Dirt Rally is a sim racer. It's dishonest to assert that your preference of genres is an objective difference in quality, especially when trying to tell someone who enjoys arcade racers to play sim racers.

• Like 1