Free in the PS Store?

StrangeGuy_3000

23 minutes ago, blue_blur_98 said:

I'm kind of scared I'll get my PSN account banned for this if I play it on my profile...

No reason to be scared. Why would they ban anyone for playing something they made available to download for several days?

The most they could have done was revoke licenses. They didn't. They don't care. As far as we know, they might have done this on purpose because game sales were weak and they're hoping to sell some dlc content.

4 minutes ago, Amalrik69 said:

3 weeks after the end of the trial, I can still play normally. I just finished the career mode and I’m currently grinding level 50 and 1000 miles trophies.

Best trial ever ☺️

i notice there is a new update out since this was provided for free.  I assume they did not add a license check in the recent patch?

So you can still play through the whole “trial” game and do online trophies on the most recent version?

On 14.04.2021 at 2:24 AM, blue_blur_98 said:

I can confirm as of today (April 13th) the game was still in my library, and I downloaded it.

On an alternate account, I began playing, and I can't see any limitations at all. I even earned a trophy on that account. I'm pretty sure the full game is here, and I got it for free. I couldn't see any kind of lockout timer or license restriction either. Were we supposed to be able to keep the game or was this a mistake on Codemasters' part?

I'm kind of scared I'll get my PSN account banned for this if I play it on my profile...

It was not your fault,you just gamer who downloaded a free trial that was on psn. All simple

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

i notice there is a new update out since this was provided for free.  I assume they did not add a license check in the recent patch?

So you can still play through the whole “trial” game and do online trophies on the most recent version?

If you are talking about patch 4.02 (the latest one according to my PS5), then yes, it works fine with this version of the game.

9 minutes ago, StrangeGuy_3000 said:

Curious about this too. Had a quick look one day and it didn't seem like I could buy DLC for the trial.

Well i am seeing the Store website right now and all but one DLC (Amplified Upgrade requires DiRT 5 Amplified, wtf?) appear as buyable... and yes, the game works for me, too...

Edited by Lance_87

5 hours ago, Angus1343 said:

Has anyone found out if the dlc is compatible with this version or not?

19 minutes ago, StrangeGuy_3000 said:

Curious about this too. Had a quick look one day and it didn't seem like I could buy DLC for the trial.

@NZBigC posted on this thread saying his son bought one of the dlc packs. I checked his profile and he now has the trophies, so it must be working.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Got this game free as well as I assumed it was a demo. I was excited so I downloaded it. Before I knew it trophies were popping. ? still able to download/redownload and play it like I bought it.

Now to get the dlc and try that. 

now, would I pay $60 for it? Afraid not, love the game but I wouldn’t pay $60 for it. The campaign seems kinda short, about 120+ events. I’d love like 500 events for a $60 game. I’d pay maybe $15-20 for it and i’d be happy. ?

I’ll update if the dlc works on this version of the game. ??

• 3 months later...

Since the game was added to the PS Plus, I was able to redeem the free digital PS5 upgrade without having to make a purchase or having the subscription on the account where I had downloaded the full game trial from.

Can anyone else confirm if they were able to do this as well?

Edited by latest-purr1

35 minutes ago, latest-purr1 said:

Since the game was added to the PS Plus, I was able to redeem the free digital PS5 upgrade without having to make a purchase or having the subscription on the account where I had downloaded the full game trial from.

Can anyone else confirm if they were able to do this as well?

Well like i said in another thread, the PS4 version didn't convert to Plus for me. It still has no expiration date.