[Fixed March 10, 2023] Can't install games on my PS3. Error code: 80029509

Caquis_1

This is beyond stupid i hope i can fix this as im thinking about end game stuff that i want to stay installed on my console after im done with it. So i can always go back and play some games if i wanted. Now its rather dumb that it works on ONE console but not the other.Rebuilding database took about 2 hours that did not fix the problem.Now gonna try this 2 step verification thing see if it works. If that does not work my only other suggest would be deactivating all consoles which can be done once very 6 months.

When trying activate console you get this message.

An error has occured.

(80029509)

Credit forum user. Jacob Faulk-King

1. Go to: http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/home/
  2. Hit Manage Account
  3. Sign in using your PSN info
  4. Hit Account at the top of the page
  5. Scroll down and hit Media and Devices
  6. Click on game, then click deactivate all

To reactivate the two PS3s you want to use:

1. Log on using the desired PS3
  2. Go over to Account Management
  3. Hit System Activation
  4. Hit Game, the hit Activate

You're all set!

:Edit: 2 step verification worked for me atleast.

Edited by The_Retro_Maniac
  • Like 1

Hello There everyone.
I'm here cause my friend got the same issue.
He can't download anything at all.
Then he decided that maybe deactivating account and activating it again will solve the solution.
But... now he can't activate account on the same PS3 and he's getting the same error where he couldn't download the game.
Anybody got solution to this?

9 hours ago, J23Krystian said:

Hello There everyone.
I'm here cause my friend got the same issue.
He can't download anything at all.
Then he decided that maybe deactivating account and activating it again will solve the solution.
But... now he can't activate account on the same PS3 and he's getting the same error where he couldn't download the game.
Anybody got solution to this?

Activate with the 2FV activated (meaning, website generated password for entry). That should let him connect. The error with activation is slightly different in number.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aishsha said:

Activate with the 2FV activated (meaning, website generated password for entry). That should let him connect. The error with activation is slightly different in number.

Thanks!!! worked perfectly :D My friend is sending many thanks!

Edited by J23Krystian

Anyone here has a bug with invisible "Pruchase" button?
It prevents me from adding some games into cart with an error "We're sorry, this product cannot be purchased at this time.". Persona 4 Ultimax for example, and few others.
I thought maybe 2FA workaround will fix it too but no, don't see any working solutions for it.
This company is a fucking joke, I just want to grab some PS3/Vita games before closure and never-ever deal with Sony again

7 hours ago, KingSkovald said:

Anyone here has a bug with invisible "Pruchase" button?
It prevents me from adding some games into cart with an error "We're sorry, this product cannot be purchased at this time.". Persona 4 Ultimax for example, and few others.
I thought maybe 2FA workaround will fix it too but no, don't see any working solutions for it.
This company is a fucking joke, I just want to grab some PS3/Vita games before closure and never-ever deal with Sony again

If you don't care about vita trophies, I'd just open a separate account and buy those games since you might be keeping it on ps3 only anyway (if the issue is account related). Though I've noticed some games were silently delisted at some point in both Ukrainian and UK stores (Tales of Xillias dlc or Symphonia games for instance). As fpr Persona - I just have it physical...

2 hours ago, aishsha said:

If you don't care about vita trophies, I'd just open a separate account and buy those games since you might be keeping it on ps3 only anyway (if the issue is account related). Though I've noticed some games were silently delisted at some point in both Ukrainian and UK stores (Tales of Xillias dlc or Symphonia games for instance). As fpr Persona - I just have it physical...

I'm using UK account, noticed that some games disappeared too. That bug with invisible button is an account issue, my Japanese alt works fine. I have two PS3s and tried it on both, same thing. Brand new account will work but I'd like to avoid creating yet another account. Their customer support is aware of this bug, they literally told me that in live chat months ago. It started to occur since November, obviously they won't do anything to fix all this mess before store closure

This is what i did and works:

*Delete the Store.

* Actívate 2FV from web.

*Download the Store.

*Go to Account Management and actívate the PS3 system.

Hope ir helps anyone. That was my second try, but i omit the activation on the first attempt. 

On 4/7/2021 at 9:15 AM, KingSkovald said:

I'm using UK account, noticed that some games disappeared too. That bug with invisible button is an account issue, my Japanese alt works fine. I have two PS3s and tried it on both, same thing. Brand new account will work but I'd like to avoid creating yet another account. Their customer support is aware of this bug, they literally told me that in live chat months ago. It started to occur since November, obviously they won't do anything to fix all this mess before store closure

Considering the lack of region change features (yet another QOL - thank you, Sony), I had to open like 5 of 'em.

On 4/1/2021 at 1:45 PM, Caquis_1 said:

The thing is I talked with the live chat yesterday and the lady told me that they do not longer support PS3 problems, and to check this page https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/ and obviously theres nothing there about this problem. 

So we can only wait until people stop mass buying games and DLC's or get lucky.

There's no way it's because a flood of people. I highly doubt this is gonna fix itself.

Can confirm the already mentioned method works (log out, delete store, activate authenticator, log in, install store, activate ps3, download games). Im relieved as much as I am miffed... Basically being forced use a work around for a last gen console really sucks. The PS5 has barely took off with its 5 original games and the ps3 is already breaking down due to Sony's reluctance to care for it. Its sad times.

39 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Yeah, I've seen it when you have the max number of systems activated

I have zero systems activated. The goddamn message even says so.

I'm having that error code 80029509 issue right now. I've also tried deleting the store and the 2FA thing too. It didnt worked either. But I'll wait for 30 mins since GeminiEntity here was able to do it after waiting a bit. Though I'm ALSO trying to gameshare on my brother's old psn account to grab the castlevania LOS DLCS and mirror of fate since he isnt using the account anymore. Maybe that would have a role in it?

UPDATE: Okay he Gemini was right. After waiting for a while it works. downloading the dlcs right now.

Edited by KentaZXi

I just battled this issue for a while and as others have said some combo of activating 2 factor and deleting store seems to have fixed it. Personally I 

1. acctivated 2 factor

2. deleted store

3. signed out on ps3 and back in

4. activated account on ps3 (before this attempting to do so gave the error code)

5. reinstalled store and finally was able to start the game download

I JUST got the problem trying to login to PSN on my PS3. I get this message: "Access to Sony Entertainment Network from this system had either been banned or temporarily suspended." Before, like a few minutes ago the same message would appear but with "Error Code 8002A227" attached. Is something wrong? We haven't gotten ANYTHING from the store on PS3, my partner just has some things in his cart for the next time we can get them, if so before they close services. I'm worried because my partner has never had this happen before.

Edited by digisoulwings