[Fixed March 10, 2023] Can't install games on my PS3. Error code: 80029509

Caquis_1

10 minutes ago, GodL355_KniGhT01 said:

nope tried all steps didn't work. 2 step, on or off. log out, deleted the stop and reinstalled still nothing.

any other work around guys ??

just one and you will not like it. Set the ps3 back to factory setting and restart the whole process. Thats what i am gonna do now 

On 2/4/2021 at 1:52 AM, baboon_overlord said:

I may be flogging a dead horse here following my other recent posts, but if, as some people have suggested on this thread, this is due to too many people trying to download things at once, what we have here is a supply and demand issue.

In commodities, there is a an inverse proportion to supply and demand. If there is too much of something, prices fall, if there is too little of something, prices rise. By not marketing the PS3 and Vita games, and regularly discounting them, we now have an almost unheard of phenomenon whereby there is an infinite supply (games are digital and can be issued to an infinite number of buyers) but the market won't bear the prices. 

For example, why would you pay £22 for all the Dragon Age II DLC when you know you could buy it all for probably six pounds just over two years ago?

Sony have created a ridiculous situation whereby there are many buyers but no-one actually buys because the cost of the product is too high. I spend an hour reading about economics every day, and have done for the past fourteen years (I trade Forex, cryptos, Futures and CFDs) and I cannot recall a time when something like this has happened. I mean, you can look at luxury goods as an example. Those are never heavily discounted but the discount market is entirely covered by the knock-off market (e.g. fake Rolexes).

Since no knock-offs exist generally for PS3 and (to a lesser extent) Vita, Sony holds a monopoly on a commodity with an infinite supply, but never lowers the prices. This is ludicrous. 

I'm pretty certain no economic term exists for this phenomena so I am hereby coining the term "economic Mexican standoff". Sony refuse to budge on prices, and gamers refuse to buy because they know the prices are too high.

By closing the Stores they have forced the issue. Coercion? That is certainly one way of ending an economic Mexican standoff.

Anyway, economics is exceedingly boring for most people. I am going to monitor this thread and check the links you posted tomorrow. We are getting to a point where we need to start bombarding Sony with complaints. Management is clearly incompetent now. The fish rots from the head down.

Anyone who is familiar with my posts on here knows the disdain I have for big corporations. You can call/email/live chat customer service all you like but I 100% guarantee there is no mechanism for these people to convey problems up the chain of command. I see this on a daily basis. I am telling you right now that YOU are more qualified and are more knowledgeable about PlayStation and their products than any customer service rep.

Case in point. I had a major glitch/bug in Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection. I emailed Naughty Dog and had zero reply. Then I got on with PS UK support. I told them that Naughty Dog weren't responding to my issue. They told me to "contact the publisher". I'm not joking. How can you work for PS support and not know that Naughty Dog is OWNED by YOU and that YOU are the publisher? For your biggest IP? This is the level of ignorance we are facing here.     

If the download issue persists, I guarantee no-one is reporting it to management. The only way we are going to get this done is by respectfully and politely spamming their social media and email addresses (I note that the UK PS marketing account could spend a Saturday last week shitposting to Bandai Namco but couldn't bother to respond to the rumours, or you know, inform the devs who are working on Vita games that they are shit out of luck in bringing their games to market in time).

Spent this evening on a thread with Cowcat and Lillymo games. I'm badmouthing Sony whilst praising these guys and they are liking my tweets. I suggested that crossbuy might be the way to save these Vita games, but there is no guarantee the automatic download list add will work.

So if these errors persist, let's put full court press on Sony and their social media. If they don't respond then let's go for the throat and start mass reporting this to gaming journos. They are lazy and exist to shit-stir, if enough people do it then they will react I am sure. They all lazily reported The Gamer leak as fact and here we are.

Sorry for the rant but this is getting to the point of unacceptability. First Sony abandon sales and marketing for their own platforms. Then they are surprised no-one is buying anything. Then they close the old web store completely, then they give PS3 owners three months to buy any content they want, then they tell Vita gamers they have five months, and in the process shaft developers that care enough about Vita to actually be developing games for it.

This is an absolute disgrace and Sony can kiss my ass if they think I'm buying a PS5 after all this. They can fuck off. XBox or retirement for me. 

So what can we do? Spam on twitter politely on mass?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GodL355_KniGhT01 said:

nope tried all steps didn't work. 2 step, on or off. log out, deleted the stop and reinstalled still nothing.

any other work around guys ??

First: Reboot your modem and router in case something is messed up at that point. 

Second: See if you can connect through a different internet connection like a hotspot on a phone in case your ISP is the culprit. 

Once you’ve eliminated all the potential problems on your end, there will only be the possibility that the problem is on the other end. 

8 hours ago, sanctusLight said:

Hi Guys
Question to all who have Problems, do you have more then one Account on the Ps3 ( Like US,EU,Jap Acc)?
Maybe its related?  On all the threads about this Topic this is the only common thing

We have 2 accounts on one of our PS3s and had no issues, was even downloading content from the UK and Canadian stores concurrently and didn't encounter a single problem.

Only other thing I can think of is maybe it's related to 2-step authentication? It seems to be solving the issue for some by enabling it. I wonder how many people had it enabled before they started having issues?  It's been enabled for a while on both mine and my husband's accounts, and as aforementioned, neither of us had issues.

It is strange how these issues don't seem to be affecting everyone. Defo seems to be authentication issues since a lot of people are saying their PS3s no longer show as activated, even though they were previously, and are still showing as such when checking. Could just be purely random who it's affecting.

I've had this issue since yesterday right after a purchase the store crashed and has been doing this ever since. I have tried the 2 factor solution with no improvement. Currently the only things I can download without ANY error are game demos Those download fine but(even the de-listed stuff like demos for JoJo's HD and TMNT:Turtles in Time reshelled)but full games will produce the error code. In fact what tipped me to this is that the Sonic CD demo(part of the full game I purchased)downloaded and works but the 6kb patch to unlock the full game will not download.

I had this same problem today. Turning on 2FA didn't do anything.

However, what fixed this for me was rebulding the database. It's accessed via PS3 Recovery Menu. It's easy and safe and worth trying.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ps3blog.net/2011/01/28/tips-and-tricks-ps3-rebuild-database-faq-recovery-menu/amp/

Now I'm downloading everything normally. No errors. Give it a go if you have the same problem, you won't lose anything.

I just installed a new SSD in my PS3 but I don't think that was the cause of this, because my other account worked just fine.

Thanks for the suggestion but it also did nothing. The rebuild didn't take long either so it's something to try but I can still only download demos. Trying to delete and reinstall the store now. EDIT: 2 Deleting and reinstalling the store also didn't fix my issue but also didn't take long and you don't lose anything in the process so it may work for someone.

Edited by EDBOON

did you complete the process of 2 factor authentication? the final step is using a console verification code that the site gives you to sign in to PSN on your console before you can start using your normal password again.

ok yeah you haven't completed it correctly. If you go back you the 2 factor page there should be a button to generate a code that you will use in place of your normal PSN password once then after that you can use your normal password.

• Like 2

Yes, it doesn't seem to be related to 2FV at all. After trial and error (thanks for a wonderful weekend, Sony), it seems like server thing. I have 5 accounts - some worked as usual, some didn't work at all, some let me down SOME games but not OTHERS for whatever reason (they might be stored on various partitions or something). Same for both Vita and ps3.

PS: All have been tested at about the same time.

Edited by aishsha

Ok so the first setup is just for your PC. now you have to go back you your PC, login to the store, go to account settings and in the same security page where you started 2 factor there will be two more options that read "Device setup" and "Backup Codes" if you go to device setup it will rake you to a new page and the generate password option will be there. But as aishsha has just pointed out this is really prolly just a server issue because I can still download demos just fine but not full game. Seems more like their end over ours but if you will still need to go into the 2 factor options to fix your login error

Edited by EDBOON

30 minutes ago, tomadom64 said:

So another thing I'm curious about that I havent been able to test yet, does this glitch affect updating games as well or just the downloading purchased content?

Well, deleting and reinstalling the store worked for me every time everywhere so might be just store issue.

Today I played a psn game named Castle Crashers, which I've had on my ps3 since PS+ gave it in 2010-2011. On the main menu it tells me to buy the full version whereas I could play the game just fine a couple months ago. When I go to the store to download full game activation, I get this same error message. Googled it and found plenty of threads about it dating from couple days ago.

I will try to delete the store and set up two steps activation...

Edit: I can confirm the method mentionned earlier in the thread works. (Log off PSN, delete store, activate 2 steps verification, login, download store again)

Edited by Gewehr_FR

Another addition - try Activating your console (I actually deactivated and activated it again), which might need 2FV or not. I might be just randomly lucky, but it worked for me. I only did it for one account and was able to down from all.

• Like 1