[Fixed March 10, 2023] Can't install games on my PS3. Error code: 80029509

Caquis_1

7 minutes ago, Bya-Kuchiki said:

Tried downloading CoD Ghosts dlc last week and was facing the same error code. 

Had to restart the download like 10 times per dlc pack until the download actually started

Did you start the download through the PlayStation Store Page for the item, your download library on the PlayStation Store or the download list under your account on the PS3 XMB?

8 minutes ago, GlactastarGaming said:

Did you start the download through the PlayStation Store Page for the item, your download library on the PlayStation Store or the download list under your account on the PS3 XMB?

I did use the download list via my account yeah

6 minutes ago, GlactastarGaming said:

I just started experiencing this issue with Injustice ultimate edition. Error 8002950.  I tried both the download list inside the ps store and XMB download list. I also tried rebooting my PS3 twice. The store page shows the game's price at $19.99 and it has a "add to cart" button as if I haven't bought it. (Which is a different issue, since I bought Xcom enemy within a few years ago and the game's page for that also displays full price too despite the game being fully downloadable and playable from my download list).

Just now, Bya-Kuchiki said:

I did use the download list via my account yeah

Trying this now, just pressing X, waiting for it to cancel, pressing circle and press X and repeat. What's interesting is that only on the XMB download list, when I press circle sometimes a "Please Wait... Don't Turn Off System" screen flashes for less than a second.

14 minutes ago, GlactastarGaming said:

Trying this now, just pressing X, waiting for it to cancel, pressing circle and press X and repeat. What's interesting is that only on the XMB download list, when I press circle sometimes a "Please Wait... Don't Turn Off System" screen flashes for less than a second.

No luck :(

Just bought a PS3 today off eBay and I ran into to the same stupid error code as everyone else here. I was able to buy like 5-6 games just fine, but I can't download any of them. 

I got the space, I got the internet connection. I just keep getting this stupid error code. 

I've tried the various methods in this thread but nothing has come even remotely close to working.

If anyone has any solutions that worked for them recently like since the new update launched, I'd love to hear it because I just threw down $100 for the console and over $200 for games and I can't access any of it.

Trying to download scott pilgrim game + DLC on my PS3 (game was delisted from ps store many years ago, but still shows on my download list as it was purchased before the delist).

Getting error 80029509 when trying to download the content. Only the demo actually downloads, but the activation key file and DLC won´t start the download, damn.

I have 02x PS3, will try today on another console and see how it goes.

Just yesterday bought ps3 slim, today unboxed and Im unable to download my games ;/ error 80029509

Tried everything: 2fa turning on & off multiple times, deleting ps store, logout & login using device password, wired or wifi, rebuilding databse - NOTHING works..

Seems like just wasted around 80$.

this dosen't sound good. I hope you all have contacted Sony Support or get at least in contact to Sony. Because they highly don't care of the PS3 System if nobody says something is wrong.

I will get on PS3 in a few Days and see whats happen.

• Like 1

Yup same here... just upgraded my HDD to an SSD (now they are cheap) and most of the digital purchases throw up the error. Rebuilding DB, deleting the PS Store, Activating / Deactivating all dont work.

16 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Oh C'MON not again.

I don't think you can connect to PSN on PS3 without 2FA?

Since the latest PS3 firmware you are required to have a device password.

I think you can still toggle 2FA on and off on the website which is what I think they were testing.

OMFG Sony what is this bs now.. I just got one of my Raiden 4 trophies glitched and I deleted the game to hopefully fix it, only to find out I can't download the fucking games I paid for just because the system is old... and making my ps3 games I haven't downloaded unobtainable? Ohhh you Sony Customer Service employees are about to feel my wrath, Ima go full Karen on you all

Edited by Abraniell
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Meikoro said:

this dosen't sound good. I hope you all have contacted Sony Support or get at least in contact to Sony. Because they highly don't care of the PS3 System if nobody says something is wrong.

There was a similar problem on the Asian stores in Summer 2022. I was trying to download the free Assassin's Creed DLCs from the HK Store before the server shutdowns.

That was Error Code 80029780 and the only solution was to wait until Sony fixed it. So I agree, make as much noise as possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vampirehunter145 said:

Good thing i only have a few titles as digital purchases that i haven't downloaded (RE 6 and Tomb Raider). Whatever i want to play, i have it allready installed and/or platinumed.

Its more dlc etc that's the issue though. If you can't download the content you already own, then Sony are breaching their own TCs, if this does turn out to be deliberate. They are restricting access to content players have already paid for.

• Like 1

Just got a screen on boot up of the store... "This service is currently undergoing maintenance" NZ (PAL) store

EDIT: Annoyingly you cant exit it when seeing the warning have to force turn off the PS3

raCRimL.png

EDIT 2: Up again still the same error

Edited by RDT1
updated