FinalFrank15

The story of a ten-year platinum

5 posts in this topic

Congrats on the Plat! Back in the day I too failed to overcome Vettel the proper way. Only managed to beat him on Monza and glitched my way to Gold on the other two tracks. The Vettel Challenge was something otherworldly even to the most experienced Gran Turismo players because it introduced us to speeds two or three stages beyond what we were used to. Makes me kinda grateful they didn't add more trophies to GT Sport when the Lewis Hamilton DLC came out. Otherwise my 100% on that game would be a thing of the past now. 

Welcome to the club ☺️. It took me almost 10 years to get the platinum in November 2020 (9 years and 7 months). 

Amazing testimony and a well deserved congrats!

I haven't played GT since GT2 on the PS1 (or any other car game for that matter), but I'm aware of this beast...when early PS3 games like this Warhawk and Resistance took your soul. I also hear a wheel is was practically mandatory, so that's another feather in your cap. I guess the question, what's next? :P 

Just saw this thread, and I'm impressed mate! The Gran Turismo plats are all tough and demanding, and you just got the hardest one of the three, well done! I enjoyed reading through your experience of it all; I like how you planned it all out once you got your hands back on the game, and stayed committed to it all the way to the platinum. A job well done indeed. 😎