Challenges bugged/glitchy

hybridhero102

So I've got two trophies left, bullet train and train surfing, I've done the requirements for bullet train countless times and no trophy, but thats not the worst part, I have one challenge left on the final mission, pick up a shotgun (got me a boomstick) and it will not register for the life of me, has anyone else run into this issue? I've tried it on both ps4 and ps5 with no luck at all, deleting my profile from the IOI servers is a last resort

• Like 2

It looks like it bugged Mendoza- ripe for the picking trophy for me. Just completed the third kill which was gassing them both and nothing popped for me

Edited by DocHolliday25
Update: I deleted the game and loaded the game in and the trophy popped
  • Like 1

At least its not just me then, think it might be safe to say the recent patch has broken some trophies/challenges, maybe not for everyone but it is happening, I would have platinumed it just before the patch but they turned off servers for maintenance ? 

Edited by hybridhero102

I also, am unable to unlock the shotgun challenge and Bullet Train trophy.  

I did the following steps:

1.  Re-do the required steps for the trophy; get the 3 kills over and over, from different checkpoints, in different orders, and wearing different outfits.

2.  Reinstall the game and repeat the previous step.

3.  Try with a different account on my ps5.

(At this point I asked IOI to delete all my saved data.)

4.  Re-do the required steps for the trophy.

5.  Try with a different account on my ps5.

6.  Reinstall the game and try the previous 2 steps.

(At this point I figured it may be my ps5 that is having an issue interfacing with the game in some way)

7.  Reformatted My ps5 to factory settings and reinstall game.

8.  Redo the required steps for trophy.

9.  Try with a different account on my ps5.

Nothing seemed to work.  I believe the issue seems to be with the game recognizing that you picked up a shotgun.  

I also noticed that EVERY kill you get with a shotgun on that level the game auto saves.  Even if you turn auto save off, you still get the notification that the game saved, even if it didn’t.

Also, no one has earned this trophy since the patch on March 30 (except this who auto-pop from having the trophy unlocked in a game on another platform).

Resolution:  The challenge and trophy are broken since the last patch, and the more people who visit the Hitman website and report this problem, the faster it will be patched.

• Like 2

According to their website report the bugs to [email protected]

Then provide the following information to help them find the issues.

Platform: [PS4, Xbox One, PC, etc]

Disc or digital?

Description: Tell us about the problem in a few lines (e.g “I cannot equip the Silverballer in Dubai”)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Load the Dubai mission
  3. Open the in-game inventory
  4. Try to equip the Silverballer

Frequency: (Did it happen once, or lots of times, and does it ALWAYS happen?)

Attach or link to any videos or images that will help explain the issue.

An update about this. I got the Train Surfing trophy, even when Got My Boomstick challenge shows uncompleted. I don't know how this is possible, but try to do all the rest of the challenges and see of it pops (i did it on ps4). All that's left is Bullet Train.

I think the problem with this trophy are the kills with the Silence Pistol and SMG. Any kill with shotgun,normal pistol, accident or breaking neck forces the game to save.

SMG and Silence Pistol kills don't do that

Edited by sephiroth4424
  • Like 3

Bullet Train definitely bugged as is the boomstick challenge for picking up the shotgun, I have tried multiple times and it will just not pop.
Annoying as Bullet Train is the final trophy I need for the plat, the train surfing trophy popped for me despite the boomstick challenge not registering. Hoping IO fix this very soon, game is great but very buggy in places.

"Got my boomstick" challenge & "Bullet Train" trophy not unlocking here as well.

Thought "Train Surfing" trophy wouldn't unlock, but I managed to make it pop somehow.

I had every challenges done, except "Got my boomstick", and the 3 Classics one.

Went ahead and done "Silent assassin", "Suit only" and "Silent assasssin, suit only", and getting those 3 got me trophy, So I'm guessing those 3 weren't technically required for the "Train Surfing", but they still count for the trophy or something like that, weird.

Edited by Alexgaara

On 4/4/2021 at 7:43 AM, Alexgaara said:

"Got my boomstick" challenge & "Bullet Train" trophy not unlocking here as well.

Thought "Train Surfing" trophy wouldn't unlock, but I managed to make it pop somehow.

I had every challenges done, except "Got my boomstick", and the 3 Classics one.

Went ahead and done "Silent assassin", "Suit only" and "Silent assasssin, suit only", and getting those 3 got me trophy, So I'm guessing those 3 weren't technically required for the "Train Surfing", but they still count for the trophy or something like that, weird.

Same here. I did get Train Surfing for completing all other challenges. Bullet Train is the last trophy I need for platinum on both PS4 and PS5 versions. I posted a bug report in the forum on IO Interactive's support page. I encourge others to do so as well, as they do have a history of fixing broken things in their games when enough players complain.

https://www.hitmanforum.com/t/hitman-3-bug-report-thread/2963

• 3 weeks later...

71 people on here have unlocked "Bullet train" since march 30th. I've checked all the profiles and I would say about half of them have done it because of auto-popping, and the other half not so there must be a way to do it? I've messaged several of them asking how they did it but none of them are replying. Its really starting to annoy me that its been 3 weeks now and IOI haven't even acknowledged it

If anyone have done it in the last three weeks I would love to know how. Even better if you could upload the trophy video if you have it saved

Edited by Rammstone
  • Like 1

On 21/04/2021 at 1:50 AM, Rammstone said:

71 people on here have unlocked "Bullet train" since march 30th. I've checked all the profiles and I would say about half of them have done it because of auto-popping, and the other half not so there must be a way to do it? I've messaged several of them asking how they did it but none of them are replying. Its really starting to annoy me that its been 3 weeks now and IOI haven't even acknowledged it

If anyone have done it in the last three weeks I would love to know how. Even better if you could upload the trophy video if you have it saved

Did anyone get back to you about this? Its the final trophy I need for the platinum, so frustrating its not been fixed yet.

5 hours ago, MisterJoint84 said:

Did anyone get back to you about this? Its the final trophy I need for the platinum, so frustrating its not been fixed yet.

Nope, no one replied. However ioi finally added it to their known issues list yesterday so I guess that's progress. It probably won't be fixed until may 10th

18 hours ago, Rammstone said:

Nope, no one replied. However ioi finally added it to their known issues list yesterday so I guess that's progress. It probably won't be fixed until may 10th

Better late than never I guess. Wanted it done and dusted before Returnal and RE8 never mind!

hi

unfortunatley i'm also missing bullet train trophy.

about "got my boomstick" challenge i got it accidently on the escelaton of the chapter.

on level 3 after you kill the target in the board room there is a shotgun  placed on the far left sde of the room (it's near where she get up and start walkng)

you pick up the gun and the challenge appeared.

edted: haven't tryied it yet but if this shotgun is registered maybe shooting a guard with it will complete  the trophy if this gun is the only one missing for the trophy. (it will also end the level since it's forbidden)

Edited by sevensys
extra thought
  • Like 1