PS Now question

LoveInHell

16 minutes ago, anilcanballi said:

What do you mean by "better"? 

Well, for example the Fallout games are considered almost unplayable on the PS3. Framerates drop, save file problems, can’t use laser weapons without causing big issues etc. I wonder if these kind of issues are still present when playing them via PS Now?

Edited by LoveInHell

17 minutes ago, dovah said:

This is a good question, glad you brought it up. I found New Vegas totally unplayable on PS3 but can’t see there being a single problem streaming it on PS4. I played Brave on PSNow without a hitch. Totally loved it. PSNow seems like the answer to any PS3 insufficiencies if you don’t mind the graphics capped at 720p, which still looks great. 

Wow, so New Vegas had no problems AT ALL on PS Now? Are you speaking from experience?

4 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

No. They are all worse due to input lag. And non will have any sort of performance improvement as its the same hardware. Wasn't long ago i played and plat Fallout 3 on my PS3, not a single issue. 

I have to disagree on the input lag, last year I played a ton of PS3 games through PS Now and input lag was not an issue. It all comes down to your internet speed and how far you are from Sony's servers. 

For example, you can have 500 mbps download but if you only have 5 mbps upload then it will be unplayable since your upload speed is taking too long to send your input to the server. I'm currently playing Revelations 2 through PS Now and I have no issues with aiming or all that, the only issue I have is with the frame rate and that's because the game runs really bad on the PS3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maiathewinners said:

I have to disagree on the input lag, last year I played a ton of PS3 games through PS Now and input lag was not an issue. It all comes down to your internet speed and how far you are from Sony's servers. 

For example, you can have 500 mbps download but if you only have 5 mbps upload then it will be unplayable since your upload speed is taking too long to send your input to the server. I'm currently playing Revelations 2 through PS Now and I have no issues with aiming or all that, the only issue I have is with the frame rate and that's because the game runs really bad on the PS3

You're streaming, there will always be input lag compared to download/physical, just because you don't notice it doesn't mean its not there. Most say Far Cry 3 classic doesn't have input lag yet its very bad, some people are just oblivious to input lag.  Speed means nothing with Ps now as long as its 5mb, its all about luck, i have 350D and 25U yet streaming is very bad for me, my friend has 20D and only 5U yet its fine for him. Most have issues with PS Now, i did a poll not long ago on Reddit with lots of response and 70% had issues. 

4 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

You're streaming, there will always be input lag compared to download/physical, just because you don't notice it doesn't mean its not there. Most say Far Cry 3 classic doesn't have input lag yet its very bad, some people are just oblivious to input lag.  Speed means nothing with Ps now as long as its 5mb, its all about luck, i have 350D and 25U yet streaming is very bad for me, my friend has 20D and only 5U yet its fine for him. Most have issues with PS Now, i did a poll not long ago on Reddit with lots of response and 70% had issues. 

that's why I said it was not a issue, it's there but you can play the game perfectly fine and like I said, I could aim without any problems, which input lag makes it way harder to do.

I even played Oblivion without any issue, a first person game where you are always moving the camera around

On 02/04/2021 at 8:25 PM, GUDGER666 said:

No. They are all worse due to input lag. And non will have any sort of performance improvement as its the same hardware. Wasn't long ago i played and plat Fallout 3 on my PS3, not a single issue. 

Yeah, I heard some people had no issues at all on the PS3 but the majority do have problems with both Fallout games. It’s really putting me off from playing them and it’s sad cause I’m curious about them. I don’t want to play games where I have to pay attention to what I can’t use so my save file doesn’t mess up, that’s frustrating and not enjoyable at all. 

On 02/04/2021 at 8:33 PM, maiathewinners said:

So how much upload speed would be great to have for PS Now?

On 02/04/2021 at 8:50 PM, dovah said:

Not with NV on PSNow in particular but my internet speed is 1000mbps so I have no issues with any streaming services whatsoever. So I'd agree that streaming with a good connection should be better than on the PS3.

How did you manage to get 1000 download speed? I have NEVER heard of such a high internet speed, wow.

The comments are pretty varied here so at the end of the day, I’m just going to try out the Free trial soon and see for myself lol. I will then post my download and upload and say how the performance was.

Edited by LoveInHell

On 07/04/2021 at 11:29 AM, LoveInHell said:

So how much upload speed would be great to have for PS Now?

I have 150 mbps for download and something around 50 mbps for upload. I'm also using a wired connection.

I guess 50 mbps on both is enough but never tried it, maybe it can be less. The internet provider also plays a role on this, since some of my friends have the same speed as me and can't stream and others have less and can stream, it probably depends on how stable the connection is.

I would give a try to the free trial first just to see how things go. Try to stream a game you're familiar with and see how different it feels

On 4/1/2021 at 3:12 AM, LoveInHell said:

Do (some) PS3 games play better on PS Now? Like Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas.

I don't think they play any better, but for me, the PS3 streaming of PSNow often crashes my PS4 for no discernible reason. 

I will say that I've not seen input lag be a problem. It's a persistent crashing issue. It hit me for Warriors Orochi 3 (many times during the 70-hour plat), Toy Story (the minigame one), Brave, and Metal Gear Rising (when I finally gave up on PS3 games altogether).