Badland - Wrong Statistics?

Poa-Tay-Toe

On the Badland trophy list, pretty much all of the harder trophies are at 0.8% on PSN, which just seems plain inaccurate. It's known to be an incredibly hard game, with the PSNP stats for the platinum being at 0.04% yet according to the PSN 1 in every 125 people who play the game have platinumed it. People used to think it was literally impossible to platinum this game. I don't think this can be put up to hackers either, as the game was free on PS+ for a while and I highly doubt that that many people chose to hack the game without at least making a PSNP account. Is this some kind of bug or something?

Edited by Poa-Tay-Toe
Add more information

18 minutes ago, Poa-Tay-Toe said:

On the Badland trophy list, pretty much all of the harder trophies are at 0.8% on PSN, which just seems plain inaccurate. It's known to be an incredibly hard game, with the PSNP stats for the platinum being at 0.04% yet according to the PSN 1 in every 125 people who play the game have platinumed it. People used to think it was literally impossible to platinum this game. I don't think this can be put up to hackers either, as the game was free on PS+ for a while and I highly doubt that that many people chose to hack the game without at least making a PSNP account. Is this some kind of bug or something?

It's highly likely to be trophy hacking. Best to not overthink PSN stats since Sony does absolutely nothing at all about trophy hacking.

• Like 1

It's more than likely hackers - vita in particular can be extremely bad for hacking and because Badlands shares a list across platforms it bumps the PSN rarity (eg. according to PSN almost half of players have platted Operation abyss!). In general, if hackers have been signed up here they will have been flagged and removed from the leader boards to keep the rarity where it should be on PSNP.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry for bumping this thread despite not having anything to add to the discussion. A new thread for my little piece of information wouldn't have made sense. 

I just wanted to state that it seems like you are able to earn at least one trophy being designed explicitly for Single Player even if you are playing Co-op. This trophy is "Antistop". 

I earned it during Co-op without even trying but interestingly I wasn't able to get for example "Mine Solver" in Co-op despite having met the requirement. 

This doesn't open any new and interesting ways to make earning the trophies easier, I'm basically just explaining why I've got Antistop without having completed Day 1 in Single Player beforehand. 

• Like 3

On 28.4.2021 at 5:01 PM, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

I'm sorry for bumping this thread despite not having anything to add to the discussion. A new thread for my little piece of information wouldn't have made sense. 

I just wanted to state that it seems like you are able to earn at least one trophy being designed explicitly for Single Player even if you are playing Co-op. This trophy is "Antistop". 

I earned it during Co-op without even trying but interestingly I wasn't able to get for example "Mine Solver" in Co-op despite having met the requirement. 

This doesn't open any new and interesting ways to make earning the trophies easier, I'm basically just explaining why I've got Antistop without having completed Day 1 in Single Player beforehand. 

So happy to see that you decided to play this game ? don‘t worry, it is not too bad actually. If you need any advice, just leave a message bro :) 

• Like 3

Oh wow thanks a lot for your very kind words :) And congratulations on this amazing, coveted platinum trophy! 

I honestly don't think that I'll ever try to get all trophies, but I know for sure that co-op with @S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y would be a delight as always!

Once again it's not relevant to this exact thread (sorry) and I don't know whether every "serious" player is aware of this already, but I realized that if you play through a level for the very first time you can quit the level, close the game and come back later to continue from the checkpoint. This makes save-scumming possible and trophies like Double Trouble less of a hassle (although it's still hard for me, didn't manage to get that one yet). 

If that's already written somewhere please don't be mad, I didn't stumble across this piece of information on for example trueachievements. 

Greetings! 

• Like 3