Maneater: Truth Quest (DLC)

snakebit10

We have some DLC coming this summer. Article in the link.

I wonder if it will add trophies.

Maneater Gets A Conspiracy-Filled DLC Expansion This Summer On PS5 And PS4 - PlayStation Universe (psu.com)

Maneater: Truth Quest expansion DLC set for August 31 release - VideoGamer.com

Maneater: Truth Quest expansion DLC set for August 31 release

Tripwire Interactive has announced that the Maneater: Truth Quest expansion DLC will arrive for the Shark-PG at the end of August.

Following on from the events of the main game, the Truth Quest expansion sees the return of narrator Trip Westhaven, voiced by Rick and Morty’s Jerry voice actor Chris Parnell. Going from nature documentaries to full-blown conspiracy theorist, you’ll still be playing as the mutated bull shark, only this time investigating the Naval Wildlife Organisation’s nefarious goings-on under Port Clovis.

As previously established, the expansion will include a brand new island that includes new challenges, wildlife and apex predators for you to contend with. To help you out though, there’ll be plenty of new evolutions and a level cap increase to 40 to make you an even more dangerous predator too.

The studio has also announced that there’ll be a free demo for those wishing to get a taste of the new content, with the ‘Pilot Episode’ expecting to offer around fifteen minutes of the new content ahead of the expansion’s full launch, although a specific date for the demo is yet to be announced.

You can check out the latest trailer for yourself below. Maneater: Truth Quest launches for Maneater on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and the PC version of the game on August 31. You can also read our review of the main game just over here.

Edited by snakebit10
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

It was released on April fools day .. Its totally a April fools day trailer lol

So I've just watched the trailer and I can't see why it would be an April fool joke. I haven't played the game so can't see why it would be ridiculous as to why this wouldn't be real (as April fool jokes are supposed to be something ridiculous like one I saw the other day for an advert from my local waste skip company now using inflatable skips). Does the trailer not follow the narrative/idea of the game.

11 minutes ago, Starship_Pooper said:

So I've just watched the trailer and I can't see why it would be an April fool joke. I haven't played the game so can't see why it would be ridiculous as to why this wouldn't be real (as April fool jokes are supposed to be something ridiculous like one I saw the other day for an advert from my local waste skip company now using inflatable skips). Does the trailer not follow the narrative/idea of the game.

Its silly yes ... But Company's on April fools day release trailer like this it happens all the time ... If its real then its real? But I think its just a April fools day joke? Why release it on April fools day? Why not the day before or after lol Just say

Edited by Titanomachy_75

27 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

It was released on April fools day .. Its totally a April fools day trailer lol

The gaming sites still have the article up. If it was a joke I think by now they would of posted such or removed the articles from their sites. I believe it is a real DLC.

• Like 2

This game was fun in the first two areas or so, then it just became monotonous with the repetitive objectives and button mashing. If its 15 USD its prob gonna be around 20-30 bucks here in Australia. Still, it's still installed on my PS5 so maybe once it goes on sale I'll check it out.

17 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Its silly yes ... But Company's on April fools day release trailer like this it happens all the time ... If its real then its real? But I think its just a April fools day joke? Why release it on April fools day? Why not the day before or after lol Just say

it’s real.  Just watch the trailer.

April Fool’s is not that big of a thing that you have to completely avoid that day for real news lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 8:48 AM, ThatMuttGuy said:

Not all DLC packs have trophies though, so that point is moot. 

Actually..it isn't moot. 

I didn't say "all dlc's have trophies".  All games released have trophies.  This is going to be a 15 hour ish expansion, it is logical that it will have trophies added.

51 minutes ago, lordmartock said:

Actually..it isn't moot. 

I didn't say "all dlc's have trophies".  All games released have trophies.  This is going to be a 15 hour ish expansion, it is logical that it will have trophies added.

That's also incorrect. There's tons of PS3 games with no trophies, and plenty of PS4 games as well (although this is a lot rarer).