Maneater: Truth Quest (DLC)

snakebit10

55 minutes ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

The game was utter garbage to me and now they release an overpriced useless DLC that you got to play to keep your 100% .... Well done, it was a nice bait : give a quick and shitty game for free to lure the completionists, then months later release a 15$ DLC .... I mean the game was so bad, I even erased my save cause i didn't wanna play that garbage anymore ... Now i got to restart from scratch ... Really one day we will just give up on trophies and achievements and simply play Nintendo Switch like kids who don't care, it's just way more simple ...

I mean you could just you know not play it ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

You’re delusional if you think they came up with this grand scheme to rip off completionists.
Not only are completionists not a demographic at all for most developers, but even if they were, they’re super miniscule in the larger landscape of gamers. This theory is ridiculous. 

Look at the dozens if not hundreds of quick indie games that sold fairly well because the devs implemented insanely easy trophies and even a plat you can get with few minutes while even Hitman 2 doesn't have a plat. Sometimes one of these crap games even make it to the top 5 games played during the week cause some people bought it just for the trophies. If you want it or not, trophies/achievements are also part of the marketing plan. So i don't see why they wouldn't do the same with DLCs. I'm pretty sure there are more people who are gonna buy this DLC just for the trophies than people who actually enjoyed the game and think an extra 15$ for 4 hours is worth it ....

As for the ps+ games, just like Games with Gold, for a very very long time, it was just a sneaky way to sell extra DLCs on games that either sold poorly or got very outdated. If Man Eater had not been "given" on ps+, there are very few mentally sane people who would have voluntarily bought the game 40$ + the DLC for another 15$. Even on Switch, this game is a stain. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 8:32 AM, Spike_Hostile17 said:

The game was utter garbage to me and now they release an overpriced useless DLC that you got to play to keep your 100% .... Well done, it was a nice bait : give a quick and shitty game for free to lure the completionists, then months later release a 15$ DLC .... I mean the game was so bad, I even erased my save cause i didn't wanna play that garbage anymore ... Now i got to restart from scratch ... Really one day we will just give up on trophies and achievements and simply play Nintendo Switch like kids who don't care, it's just way more simple ...

Or you could stop taking it so seriously. Hunt the trophies that are enjoyable and ignore the rest.

• Like 1

On 02/09/2021 at 7:10 PM, Spike_Hostile17 said:

Look at the dozens if not hundreds of quick indie games that sold fairly well because the devs implemented insanely easy trophies and even a plat you can get with few minutes while even Hitman 2 doesn't have a plat. Sometimes one of these crap games even make it to the top 5 games played during the week cause some people bought it just for the trophies. If you want it or not, trophies/achievements are also part of the marketing plan. So i don't see why they wouldn't do the same with DLCs. I'm pretty sure there are more people who are gonna buy this DLC just for the trophies than people who actually enjoyed the game and think an extra 15$ for 4 hours is worth it ....

As for the ps+ games, just like Games with Gold, for a very very long time, it was just a sneaky way to sell extra DLCs on games that either sold poorly or got very outdated. If Man Eater had not been "given" on ps+, there are very few mentally sane people who would have voluntarily bought the game 40$ + the DLC for another 15$. Even on Switch, this game is a stain. 

I like the game a lot and I think 40$ isn't too expensive. I bought Maneater on the day of the release and didn't regret it.

I know that you want the 100%, but nobody is forcing you to play the DLC.

• Like 1

These were my sets for different scenarios in the DLC:

• For the time trials: full shadow set + adrenal gland, amphibious and brutal muscles (+1 other organ) -- all @ tier 5
    • increases speed +100%
    • I left these for last
  • For infamy level 5 (Terranova): full bone set + extra health, health regen (+2 other organs) -- all @ tier 5
    • use evade to destroy boats quickly
  • For fighting sharks/orcas/beasts: atomic set + extra health, health regen (+2 other organs) -- all @ tier 5
    • use the special attack, it completely rolls everything
    • useful also for missions where you need to destroy beacons

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, HusKy said:

These were my sets for different scenarios in the DLC:

• For the time trials: full shadow set + adrenal gland, amphibious and brutal muscles (+1 other organ) -- all @ tier 5
    • increases speed +100%
    • I left these for last
  • For infamy level 5 (Terranova): full bone set + extra health, health regen (+2 other organs) -- all @ tier 5
    • use evade to destroy boats quickly
  • For fighting sharks/orcas/beasts: atomic set + extra health, health regen (+2 other organs) -- all @ tier 5
    • use the special attack, it completely rolls everything
    • useful also for missions where you need to destroy beacons

5 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Lots of hate here. I actually enjoyed the DLC 1f605.png Even playing PS5 first and ps4 at the moment.

Both of you didn't have any issues on PS5 with trophies?  I wonder what is causing the issues of trophies not popping for me... Playing the free upgrade digitally from a ps4 disc.

5 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

Both of you didn't have any issues on PS5 with trophies?  I wonder what is causing the issues of trophies not popping for me... Playing the free upgrade digitally from a ps4 disc.

Played both the digital versions. I’ve only had 1 crash on the ps5 version.

• Like 1

Hello

To tell you about my experience on this dlc, first I had a lot of application error bugs .. (I play the PS + version)
Then the method of putting your save on the PS + before each trophy is the best technique to perform so as not to have to start all over again.
Only the level 40 trophy was bugged for me and I managed to get it like that 

every time I got level 40 during a mission it would not appear the trophy, where as if I got level 40 by just eating fish outside the mission the trophy would appear.

• 1 month later...

I played the main game and made it my first PS5 plat. After finishing the story I was able to play the three missions of the DLC, without owning it. But...how is this possible? I played until the mission where you have to destroy tower on the beach where the game said I had to eat the bombs with R2 and then kicking them with L1 or L2 against the tower to destroy it. I played the version of the game that was included in the PS+ in January 2021. I do not own the PS4 version.

Edited by Solid-Fisch

1 hour ago, Solid-Fisch said:

I played the main game and made it my first PS5 plat. After finishing the story I was able to play the three missions of the DLC, without owning it. But...how is this possible? I played until the mission where you have to destroy tower on the beach where the game said I had to eat the bombs with R2 and then kicking them with L1 or L2 against the tower to destroy it. I played the version of the game that was included in the PS+ in January 2021. I do not own the PS4 version.

Those are teaser missions to set up the DLC.  The mission right after that tower mission actually requires you to purchase the DLC, iirc.

• Like 1

Gonna be jumping into the PS4 version on PS5. I had no issues with the main games lists, so here's hoping that lucky streak continues.

Update: All popped, no issues (had 2 trophies pop before I met the requirements though). Perfect Timing & I Can Handle the Truth!

Edited by Skurkitty