Enemy kills not registering

Duriavenator

So this is a weird one. I got a bit nervous about passive aggressive and break the spell not popping, though I felt for sure I should have reached the requirements. I tried to grind a few and... nothing.

That's when I noticed the vendors. The ones that have enemy kill requirements? it says I've killed 4 enchanted mobs. and ONE powerful one. I kill more, I come back, still one and four. It's weird because I got the kill 50 enemies trophy. It's like at some early point it stopped counting my kills. Any fixes? Anyone else got this?

Edit: I started a new character, numbers still frozen. I was playing on ps5 so I downloaded on ps4 and started again with completey fresh save data. merchant unlocks all at zero, no matter how many enemies defeated. What the hell?

EDIT 2: Unbelievable. I got one kill seemingly randomly so I started experimenting to see what triggered it. Kills with a primary weapon definitely don't count. Kills with an artifact don't count. I thought perhaps arrow kills counted, but it wasn't consistent so it may have been explosive kills from explosive bow non-direct hits only. Then I read the patch notes. One of the fixes is that apparently pet kills now count to merchant totals. SURELY NOT, I thought. But yeah. Pet kills DO count... It's just they're the only thing that counts! Unbelievable. Such a stupid annoying bug.

Anyway, managed to pop the trophies with a pet. To get passive mobs, you have to use a hunting bow first to get the pet to attack them. 2500 kills is gonna take a WHILE.

Edited by Duriavenator
  • Like 2