Trophy thoughts

G4Knight

56 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

I can't believe it, you can actually go buy it on PSN right now.

For those not in the know: Office Create, the creators of Cooking Mama, licensed Planet Entertainment to create Cookstar for Switch, but they released the game in an unsatisfactory state without Office Create's approval. Legal stuff happened and the game has been delisted from the Switch's eshop since. Planet was never licensed to develop a PS4 version of the game in the first place, so I'm blown away that they've actually gone and released it, especially given this notice in a big red banner at the top of Office Create's website:

http://www.ofcr.co.jp/ofcr/ImportantNotice_en.html

whoa, that's some bullshit right there. Release a game in an incomplete state for Switch and then, publish a PS4 version without permission. Where are the handcuffs for those?

Edited by APCGrayLocked
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HMS_Victor said:

Same. I was always interested in it even though I never had a Nintendo console. I might pick this up. Especially if all that drama above is happening. Might get delisted quickly

Too expensive now. I remembered these games were like 20 bucks on the ds

• Like 3

Oh my God, a bit too excited for this. ? I will definitely get this when it’s a bit cheaper, the trophy list is very straightforward. Looks like a list where you just gotta play the game and enjoy it. I believe the recipes can be used in real life as well. ?️??️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

Loved Cooking Mama on the DS, surprised to see this getting a PS release. Looks like it's not on the UK store though.

Looks like, according to the game page on the main page, they have it set for April 28th for the EU. So hopefully that's the right release date, cause I'd like to play it too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zizimonster said:

:gold: Gold Cookstar Challenge might be tough, or is it actually easy? I've never played this title before. :hmm:

Just got the platinum (currently showing 1st in the world).

It's overall pretty easy if you play the 50 recipes before even starting cookstar. There are only about 10 different minigames in various forms with a few one offs (such as spinning/throwing a pizza). Once you get the basic feel for how each mini game works they are all fairly simple.

Some of the grilling ones (putting items on the grill, flipping, and returning) are tough as the symbol for when something is ready is pretty small (its just a puff of steam). The egg cracking takes a bit to get used to, and putting meat onto parchment paper is really particular and tends to screw up.

A few of the time trials a tough, specifically the deviled egg cutting section, pizza tossing, and most of the pouring sections. But all are manageable with practice.

• Like 1

To anyone who wants to maybe give this a shot, I recommend buying it now and not waiting. Seeing as how it was removed from the Switch store just days after it went up, and how Planet is literally undergoing a lawsuit right now for a game they weren't supposed to make, I can't see this staying up very long. Maybe it'll last, but I'd rather keep this piece of weird gaming history instead of let it be lost to time.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

I’m not going to buy it. Too expensive right now for my budget. If they yank the game off PSN, does that effect the trophies? 

Trophies will stay the same, most games has been delisted but you can still play them E.G Minecraft Story Mode Season One and Two

I might not buy this game because of the legal issue I know it doesn’t effect me in anyway but that’s just me, I have a friend who might want to buy it because he liked Cooking Mama as a kid, who knows ?

• Like 2

I ordered a physical copy because a major video game retailer was surprisingly selling them. It was the same price as the digital version - so yeah, it was expensive. But it’ll be rare for how limited and messy this game’s release is.

Edited by DunDonnie
  • Like 1