Trophy thoughts

G4Knight

6 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

holup, holup... I thought this game was delisted, surly this isn't an April Fools joke?

It was delisted on the Switch store, and basically was put up illegally on PS4. This version shouldn't even exist to begin with, so it's amazing that it hasn't been taken down already.

12 minutes ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

It was delisted on the Switch store, and basically was put up illegally on PS4. This version shouldn't even exist to begin with, so it's amazing that it hasn't been taken down already.

You can also buy it physically for both Switch and PS4 on Amazon and GameStop in the US.

If you haven't played any of the Cooking Mama games, I definitely recommend the DS/3DS games as these games are so much fun with the dual screen, touch/mic controls and are far more polished than Cookstar both gameplay and aesthetically.

Still, I'm really shocked to see this exists on the PS4!

11 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

What are the chances of the physical version being removed from stores and becoming hard to find?

Given all of the legal issues it’s a miracle the game ever got published on PS4 at all

I’d say a physical recall is less likely than an online delisting, but at the same time I wouldn’t bank on a price drop given the game’s odd origins

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

Given all of the legal issues it’s a miracle the game ever got published on PS4 at all

I’d say a physical recall is less likely than an online delisting, but at the same time I wouldn’t bank on a price drop given the game’s odd origins

I think there was also a Switch physical release initially and it got stopped, so Switch copies went up in price. However, you can now get it physically on PS4 and Switch in the US at least.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I think there was also a Switch physical release initially and it got stopped, so Switch copies went up in price. However, you can now get it physically on PS4 and Switch in the US at least.

So the Switch physical release ran into the problem I was concerned about. Was hoping to save for other stuff but will have to see if there's room in the gaming budget for Cooking Mama this month. 

• Like 2

On 4/1/2021 at 4:42 PM, Nameless600 said:

Just got the platinum (currently showing 1st in the world).

It's overall pretty easy ....

Any tips on the ball rolling stuff? I can't figure it out. I roll it "carefully" and it'll still seemingly randomly go splat when I put it down. Is it sensitive to how hard you move the analog stick down?

16 minutes ago, DeathlessVoid said:

Any tips on the ball rolling stuff? I can't figure it out. I roll it "carefully" and it'll still seemingly randomly go splat when I put it down. Is it sensitive to how hard you move the analog stick down?

make sure your stick is pointed as close to straight down as possible. move your finger down as if you were just going to back up in any other game (i.e. don't jam it or be super gentle, just a normal flick), and hold all the way through, don't let go until you see the hearts for completing it.

It is def a bit finicky so you may have to retry due to random error, but that should work.

56 minutes ago, Nameless600 said:

make sure your stick is pointed as close to straight down as possible. move your finger down as if you were just going to back up in any other game (i.e. don't jam it or be super gentle, just a normal flick), and hold all the way through, don't let go until you see the hearts for completing it.

It is def a bit finicky so you may have to retry due to random error, but that should work.

Thanks! I was getting super frustrated. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. One last question, does how fast or slow you roll the ball matter? Because that's what the instructions make it out to be about.

11 hours ago, DeathlessVoid said:

Thanks! I was getting super frustrated. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. One last question, does how fast or slow you roll the ball matter? Because that's what the instructions make it out to be about.

Nope, you can roll as fast as you want. And for a few of the cookstar modes your going to have to roll super fast.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 0:29 PM, Nameless600 said:

Nope, you can roll as fast as you want. And for a few of the cookstar modes your going to have to roll super fast.

Thanks man, your tips really helped me nail it. This is my first Cooking Mama game anyway. Cheers!

On 4/1/2021 at 4:42 PM, Nameless600 said:

Just got the platinum (currently showing 1st in the world).

It's overall pretty easy if you play the 50 recipes before even starting cookstar. There are only about 10 different minigames in various forms with a few one offs (such as spinning/throwing a pizza). Once you get the basic feel for how each mini game works they are all fairly simple.

Some of the grilling ones (putting items on the grill, flipping, and returning) are tough as the symbol for when something is ready is pretty small (its just a puff of steam). The egg cracking takes a bit to get used to, and putting meat onto parchment paper is really particular and tends to screw up.

A few of the time trials a tough, specifically the deviled egg cutting section, pizza tossing, and most of the pouring sections. But all are manageable with practice.

Nice congratulations!!! You got first in the world.

The platinum is super easy, I am almost done with it. My opinion of the game is, I am glad I rented it. I thought I would have some fun, I never played a Cooking Mama game and always wanted to try one out. The unfortunate part is, after around an hour, I got extremely bored. I could have this platinum faster but I can't take the huge amounts of repetition this game gives. Once you played about ten recipes, you just about played all of them. There isn't much variety in what you do with the recipes. 

Another thing that doesn't help, is that the motion controls feel bad and sometimes the stick movements feel a bit unresponsive/too sensitive at times like cracking eggs. I really wanted to enjoy this game more, but unfortunately, I can't say I would recommend it except for the easy trophies.

23 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

I thought I had this happen, but I had missed a recipe. Make sure you didn't miss one.

I just re-downloaded it to double check, because I certainly wouldn't put it past myself to miss something like that, but I do have all of them completed. Oh well haha

I’m definitely looking forward to playing this game. I never owned a Cooking Mama game on the DS/3DS, but I remember playing my cousins’ games. The Cooking Mama series is fun, enjoyable, and sometimes educational! 
I’m just waiting for it to get a reasonable discount. That $40 price tag is too much for a game that looks like it came out from a 3DS engine.

Got all the Cookstar recipes to three star. It really isn't that much harder than normal. You get lots of practice doing the 50 recipes before starting it and practice mode is a godsend. It can be a bit annoying since some of the time limits are super tight. If you look like time is running out, just go ahead and start over. You probably will have Mama yelling at you to slow down a lot. :P And those damn minigames where you have to roll a ball and place it on paper. Seemed random on when it worked and when it didn't, but usually not rushing it gave me the best results. Fortunately, there are only a couple times you have to. I probably would've finished sooner if not for the fact I was so busy this week.