It's hard to be a PlayStation fan sometimes...

@Eyjabria Yea, I agree with you. I always have every platform and I decide which console is my main-platform with the benefits you get. Back than I was going for Sony after SEGA was no more building consoles, because I'm more an arcade gamer and like japano-games. (So at the end I will still be more a console gamer than a PC gamer and I still will get Sony consoles and games which are not interesting for MS) That was the reason why I was not into having the Xbox as main, because at the beginning the Xbox was really not worth it for my taste of games. The X360 has not much interesting exclusives and a regional-lock so I was not into having the X360 as main, too. Than I got the PS4 as main, because "never change a working system" and the VR is really something new which is the XBOne lacking. But I used the XBOne and PS4 parallel with GWG and PS+, and since Sony killed it's support for Vita and PS3 it was getting always more and more annoying. While MS does a great job. They buy good Studios, they have MS rewards so you get points for using bing, doing challenges, just playing games etc. and because you can spend the points like you want, you can just use them to get credits for the Xbox/MS-store, that's why I nearly spend NOTHING for having Gold-Membership and the digital Games and/or DLCs on my XBOX Consoles since it was invented. And now Sony makes some "challenges" for what? STUPID, AVATARS WE NEVER USE AND THE MINIMAL CHANCE TO GET STUFF, WE NEVER WILL WIN. GREAT, TOTAL FOR THE PLAYERS!!! Even Nintendo is doing it better with its coins. 

It is hard to be a "Sony fan" in this times, especially because when you bet on Sony, but it is always good to not bet on only one horse, and this decision of Sony shows us why. Til now I was often disappointed, when I got a GWG game which is not (console-)exclusive for MS, because I always knew "Ok at the end it will be just in my backlog, because Sony is my main-platform, so I will buy it there and play it there instead of playing it on my XBOne/360" but now I just know it will be impossible to get every released digital game only for Sony consoles so it is no more a question of "can I play the most possible games on my Sony consoles" now it is just "can I play the game anywhere just to play it" and it kills the trophy hunting, too. Who cares for "can I get one more trophy buy doing a stupid senseless grind" when you know "I will get xyz trophies never because they prevent me from buying the game anymore?" my answer is "NO!". But I was already the last years less hunting trophies, especially online-trophies. It is total annoying to run after one server closure after another. And always it is not a "good feeling" for most of the games, because playing online is not much fun. You wait often ages to get a match, than you must hope for people who play it good and not do just shit, you must hope for a good connection on both sites etc. so you just spend many time for "waiting and other problems around the gaming itself" and than? You do often don't know "1000 stupid kills with your stupid knife for trophy XY" and  always you think at the end "wow that was so worth the time... and behind me are 10 great SP games which I could play in the same time..." 

So to end the long talk. On one hand it really sucks what Sony is doing, on the other hand it is new freedom, and the last kick I needed to finally play again like I did before trophies. Now it is all again about just playing games on the best platform and playing them as far as it is fun to play them and not because of stupid "trophy hunting" reasons playing them longer than it is worth to play and no more buying games for a higher price or more than once if you already got them for free just to "have them on a specific platform because of any >nostalgic loyalty<".

• Like 1

On 01/04/2021 at 8:42 PM, Zid960 said:

Yes there are big time. Most dev aim for 1 console that will sell the game the best.

Now technically. Then make other ver off that. Sony is the most sold console rigth now. 

But Japanese dev are making it for Nintendo instead. Cuz Sony keep messing with them.

Everything a Japanese company does has to be submitted. Spoken in English and done on the American schedule. And ex censorship for no reason. Exp is Omega life. A fan serviceish Dungeon Crawl that was on the ps3. But now a few year later. Trys to put it on ps4. Had to remove all fan service and a chunk of the plotline and remake a ton of models for characters. Nintendo let it on there platform its in original form. 

So why would a Japanese make a game that will be a pain to develop. May randomly give new rules for. And the community that like Japanese games wants then uncensored.so ex censorship will bring bad PR and mostly likey lower sales? I get why they turning on them. 

Would they go to the Switch? The Xbox has never really sold well in Japan.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

I've never been a PlayStation fan per se, I just play games on PlayStation consoles in addition to other consoles and PC. The last year or two I've been spending less and less time on PS. So many little things that add up and day by day I feel less invested in the platform. PS4 has had issues with system updates, said updates (and game updates) take forever to download and install, it has a laggy and unintuitive UI, Sony can't seem to make a simple thing like avatars work without them disappearing for whatever random reason, terrible battery life on controllers, buggy trophies, uninteresting exclusives, Sony taking down services and game servers, Vita store purchases alternating between 2 different uninformative errors for years making it near impossible to buy anything, etc. 

Also, sorry to say, but the rabid fanbase is just insufferable at times and makes PlayStation players as a whole look bad. When I say I haven't really been interested in PS4 exclusives aside from Gravity Rush 2 and Everybody's Golf, I really don't need to hear I need to kill myself, my priorities in life are wrong or that I'm a waste of oxygen, etc. When people are discussing competing platforms not mentioning PlayStation in any way, seeing comments like "PS is better" is just embarrassing.

Unfortunately, I think that's just a certain toxic subset of gamers in general—the ones with a capital G, who make games, brands, and companies their entire identity. You'll find plenty of similar weirdos supporting Xbox/PC/Nintendo. Personally, I stopped buying into the whole "console wars" thing after growing out of my teen years. Imagine going to bat for big corporations that don't actually give a damn about you or know you exist, beyond extracting the contents of your wallet. Thinking back to my fanboy years makes me cringe.

Your first paragraph is spot-on, though. If Sony happens to pile enough straw on the camel's back, I'll happily move on to playing on a different platform (probably PC again), or just do something else altogether with my hobby time. Rather than feeling betrayed when a company pulls scumbaggery, I simply stop doing business with them, as I did with Amazon and others. Not being a "fan" of any particular corporation has done me well in life.

Edited by ScarecrowsFate
  • Like 2

I'm personally disappointed in the PS5. I just sold mine after owning it for 6 months. 

Maybe by the end of the year it will be worth owning but as someone who doesn't play COD or rainbow 6 siege there is little reason to own it. I can get a better UI and trophy hunting experience on my PS4 and make some money so it was a no brainer for me to sell it.

• Like 1

with Jim Ryan in the driving seat, it's a matter of time before he ram us all into a wall at top speed.

i'm broke right now and can't buy new games at the moment but luckily I bought a lots of ps4 games 2 to 4 monthes ago putting them on hold bracing myself when the plus subscription expired ( don't know, maybe I won't gonna renew it this time ) all i'm saying is I can't afford buying new games for a while now so let alone a new console but as everyone say that game pass is cheaper to jump in it... well unless it was on the ps4/ps5, because for a person like me who only have a ps3 and a ps4, game pass will gonna be far more freaking expensive than a crappy service like the PS Plus, as I need to own a new console first.. $500 for a XSX or XSS for around $300? and on top of that a game pass subscription that is $10 a month.

if I have the money I would upgrade the old dinosaur pc I own since I was at middle school and switched to PC gaming for good this time.

Edited by yellowwindow7
  • Like 2