The game is alive 2021?

Sawamura-018

46 minutes ago, X-Colluz_01 said:

Hi, I would like ask if the game has an active player base and approximately the time needed for the platinum. In case I will play with other two friends (good players) so always play with a full set team. Thanks

I don’t have the games but I see a lot of people play it all the time, I am sure it’s alive

just test with an alt and see how long it takes to find a match

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

For anyone who might be interested, the recent update split the queue into low and high rank. Low-rank queue allows players of 2-30 levels to play separately from lifers who would usually dominate the matches in the past. The waiting times are still very low, thanks to matchmaking - and I was able to literally get MVP every match I've played (5-6 games back to back).

I regret not boosting MVPs back in the day when you could play against bots, but thankfully it looks like it can be now done legit! It also takes forever to get to level 30, so don't be worried about getting out of the low-rank bracket (unless you are already close to level 30).

UPDATE: So it looks like currently games in a low-rank queue don't actually count towards your stats (they still do in high-rank). I've submitted a support ticket and have had back and forth conversations with support agents to provide additional info/proof.

They've assured me that this is not intended and will be fixed asap, so fingers crossed!

UPDATE 2: I got a confirmation that this issue. has been passed on to the developers and they are looking into it.

Edited by Sydoki
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2022 at 19:18, Sydoki said:

Para cualquiera que pueda estar interesado, la actualización reciente dividió la cola en rango alto y bajo. La cola de rango bajo permite que los jugadores de 2 a 30 niveles jueguen por separado de los jugadores de por vida que normalmente dominarían los partidos en el pasado. Los tiempos de espera siguen siendo muy bajos, gracias al emparejamiento, y pude literalmente obtener MVP en cada partido que jugué (5-6 juegos seguidos).

Lamento no haber aumentado los MVP en el pasado cuando podías jugar contra bots, ¡pero afortunadamente parece que ahora se puede hacer de forma legítima! También se tarda una eternidad en llegar al nivel 30, así que no te preocupes por salirte del rango bajo (a menos que ya estés cerca del nivel 30).

ACTUALIZAR:Por lo tanto, parece que actualmente los juegos en una cola de rango bajo en realidad no cuentan para sus estadísticas (todavía lo hacen en el rango alto). Envié un ticket de soporte y tuve conversaciones de ida y vuelta con los agentes de soporte para proporcionar información/pruebas adicionales.

Me han asegurado que esto no es intencionado y que se solucionará lo antes posible, ¡así que crucemos los dedos!

ACTUALIZACIÓN 2: Recibí una confirmación de que este problema. se ha pasado a los desarrolladores y lo están investigando.

thank you! Can you let know when this is fixed?

It's quite a pain in the butt to contact them. There've been numerous updates addressing small bugs and quality of life points - but this particular bug hasn't been addressed yet. I've contacted the support once again, hopefully, something will come from it.

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

After weeks...and weeks of back and forth with the customer support, patch 3.55 is out and it fixes the issues with improper stats tracking and 200 MVPs trophy not unlocking.

Tested this yesterday myself, and games in the Low Rank matches finally count towards your overall user stats!

https://ibb.co/ThmKdbb

Dam, it's rare to se trophy patches this alte aftr launch for any game. good job pushing CS!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

After weeks...and weeks of back and forth with the customer support, patch 3.55 is out and it fixes the issues with improper stats tracking and 200 MVPs trophy not unlocking.

Tested this yesterday myself, and games in the Low Rank matches finally count towards your overall user stats!

https://ibb.co/ThmKdbb

Don't play this game, but saw your post pop up in the recent posts.  It's a great thing when someone identifies a problem and then takes it upon themselves to try to get the issue fixed.  Kudos to you for following through many times with the developer to get them to address the issue, and then updating everyone of your progress here.  You were the catalyst for the change you wished to see.  Great work!

• 1 year later...

I recently finished the platinum via playing a legit dunker rebound and blocker game in Jan 2024.  The game is still completely active and the developers added onto the game about 6 times over the 7 months I played it.

I did find myself in lobbys with bots every now and again, but getting the 200 mvps wasn't as hard as i thought it was going to be.

The high tier and low tier separation made the difference.  I played a few high tier games and I honestly had less fun playing an unselfish hard game in high tier than playing the opportunist with low tier ball hogs.  It's because the paid-to-plays don't miss and are almost completely unblockable.  Their paid upgrades make up too much of a difference.

8 hours ago, armontiiago said:

I recently finished the platinum via playing a legit dunker rebound and blocker game in Jan 2024.  The game is still completely active and the developers added onto the game about 6 times over the 7 months I played it.

I did find myself in lobbys with bots every now and again, but getting the 200 mvps wasn't as hard as i thought it was going to be.

The high tier and low tier separation made the difference.  I played a few high tier games and I honestly had less fun playing an unselfish hard game in high tier than playing the opportunist with low tier ball hogs.  It's because the paid-to-plays don't miss and are almost completely unblockable.  Their paid upgrades make up too much of a difference.

I'm surprised you've found bots, in my experience I haven't. Are you sure? Congrats for the platinum, I've found this game very fun even if (sadly) it's a pay to win one.

I'm 3 trophies away from the plat, being 200 mvps / 300 victories / 500 dunks the ones I'm missing. 

I'm yet at 54 mvps lol

I'm surprised and yet not surprised I found bots.  The devs obviously want players to find games at all hours of the day, it makes sense to plant bots into their games to give the impression that you will always be able to find a game. I played early in the day some times, when few people are on, and if those players were good I'd wait for them to enter a game (You can do this via going into Activity and Spectate.  That screen tells you what games are on).  Once those players are occupied, that's when I que up.  Bot accounts are only from PS4 accounts, they have random unoffensive words matched up with long numbers like Firelasso45643221 and they use a mix of free and paid for characters with randomized outfits.  

The devs do as much as they can to disguise their bots, but they cannot disguise their play.  Have you ever played 1v1 mode and used one of your bots to guard your opposing player?  That is how the bots play.  You see it often enough, you'll recognize the patterns in terms of how they move, shoot and guard.  

I agree, this game is a lot of fun despite it's paid-to-win elements, and you'll find yourself reaching 300 wins well before hitting the mvp and dunking achievements.  I say this because you might run into the same problem I had, where I based my MVP strategy on my big characters (Murdoch and Luther).  I'd rarely use Kim, my third main character and my shooter, for 3s.  By the time I reached 200 mvps, I completed the 1v1 50 wins achievement right after but still didn't have the platinum because I needed to shoot 3s.

Good luck getting the last 146, keep counting down each time you get one.  The way I did it was I gave myself a weekly goal.  My goal was to try to get 10 a week, and each week I'd try to get as close to 10 as possible.  In my final 2 months of the game, I was getting 50 a month.

Edited by armontiiago
  • Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 10:29 AM, armontiiago said:

I'm surprised and yet not surprised I found bots.  The devs obviously want players to find games at all hours of the day, it makes sense to plant bots into their games to give the impression that you will always be able to find a game. I played early in the day some times, when few people are on, and if those players were good I'd wait for them to enter a game (You can do this via going into Activity and Spectate.  That screen tells you what games are on).  Once those players are occupied, that's when I que up.  Bot accounts are only from PS4 accounts, they have random unoffensive words matched up with long numbers like Firelasso45643221 and they use a mix of free and paid for characters with randomized outfits.  

The devs do as much as they can to disguise their bots, but they cannot disguise their play.  Have you ever played 1v1 mode and used one of your bots to guard your opposing player?  That is how the bots play.  You see it often enough, you'll recognize the patterns in terms of how they move, shoot and guard.  

I agree, this game is a lot of fun despite it's paid-to-win elements, and you'll find yourself reaching 300 wins well before hitting the mvp and dunking achievements.  I say this because you might run into the same problem I had, where I based my MVP strategy on my big characters (Murdoch and Luther).  I'd rarely use Kim, my third main character and my shooter, for 3s.  By the time I reached 200 mvps, I completed the 1v1 50 wins achievement right after but still didn't have the platinum because I needed to shoot 3s.

Good luck getting the last 146, keep counting down each time you get one.  The way I did it was I gave myself a weekly goal.  My goal was to try to get 10 a week, and each week I'd try to get as close to 10 as possible.  In my final 2 months of the game, I was getting 50 a month.

im at 170 MVPs and 210 wins. I’m finding gettibg MVPs is a breeze. I am just playing with centre or PF focusing on rebounds and scoring dunks. Whenever I get the ball I dunk when I don’t  have the ball I just stand under the net for the rebound. This has proven to be super consistent in getting MVPs. The only time I don’t get MVPs is when I’m partnered with a 3pts god who just ball hogs and shoots 3s. 

I have also boost many games with a friend as well mainly for the other trophies like 3pts. 
Also another easy way to get MVPs is to use 3 controllers and turn off cross play. After 2 minutes you will be matched with bots. You will know they are bots cause they don’t move unless you move lol also in the 2nd half they start passing it around like crazy until the shot clock is done 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2024 at 11:25 AM, danrules123 said:

im at 170 MVPs and 210 wins. I’m finding gettibg MVPs is a breeze. I am just playing with centre or PF focusing on rebounds and scoring dunks. Whenever I get the ball I dunk when I don’t  have the ball I just stand under the net for the rebound. This has proven to be super consistent in getting MVPs. The only time I don’t get MVPs is when I’m partnered with a 3pts god who just ball hogs and shoots 3s. 

I have also boost many games with a friend as well mainly for the other trophies like 3pts. 
Also another easy way to get MVPs is to use 3 controllers and turn off cross play. After 2 minutes you will be matched with bots. You will know they are bots cause they don’t move unless you move lol also in the 2nd half they start passing it around like crazy until the shot clock is done 

Thanks for this info, I'll do the 3 controllers method to see if it works out to grind some mvps. I'm with 74 mvps as of today, not playing much the game lately, just loging in for the free stuffs lol.