Issue with stick drift on multiple controllers

Varhur

A while ago, when I was doing Worms Battlegrounds plat I started noticing that during aiming, I was fighting the controls, when I tried to adjust aim, pad was pushing it up and away, which I later learned to be stick drift. And that's a thing that somehow affected both of my DS4's. Now, while I'm grinding for MK9 plat, I've noticed an awful thing - my PS3 controller that I'm using for a week now, also has stick drift - moving my stick to the left, causes my character to move/dash to the right. Pad is not that new and isn't even official, but while it was in the other room, there were no issues with it, I didn't had any either, up until now. The only pad that I have and doesn't suffer from stick drift issue is a knock-off DS3. Anyone knows what the hell is happening and why suddenly all my pads suffer from the same issue?

22 minutes ago, Varhur said:

Anyone knows what the hell is happening and why suddenly all my pads suffer from the same issue?

Ifixit did a video of why it happens and some things that might help. I'd first suggest the reset hole in the back of most controllers, just in case. Then if that doesn't work see the video for what to clean out.

Why: Every console manufacturer and controller manufacturer pretty much sources and uses the same sticks. Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, 3rd parties, they're all using the same hardware.

26 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

*snip*

Well, my controller has that reset button-looking hole, but no button inside. Even made sure that it's not the toothpick that's too thick and it can't reach the button, but nope, in DS4 I can hear the click.