PSN Store Issues *Need Help*

ISeeWutUDidThere

Since we can't access the PS3 store via browser anymore, I'm stuck buying from the store via the system. When I buy anything it either gives me an error message when I get to checkout saying it can't be processed OR the more common thing to happen is the PSN store immediately closes and it goes back to the XMB bar or it freezes and my console needs to be unplugged and re-connected again or it infinite loads during or after checkout.

IS anyone else experiencing this issue? or is it just my console?

Edited by ISeeWutUDidThere
Bricking in the topic name wasn't the right word to use
  • Like 2

i'm experiencing it. happens the longer one is on the ps3 store. have my list ready going to input the information regardless if they have a sale or not on june 22nd before they shutdown the store on ps3 for good.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ISeeWutUDidThere said:

Since we can't access the PS3 store via browser anymore, I'm stuck buying from the store via the system. When I buy anything it either gives me an error message when I get to checkout saying it can't be processed OR the more common thing to happen is the PSN store immediately closes and it goes back to the XMB bar or it freezes and my console needs to be unplugged and re-connected again or it infinite loads during or after checkout.

IS anyone else experiencing this issue? or is it just my console?

Had the same issue as you last Saturday y. Even made a status update rant about it. I'm kinda nervous of even entering the store nowadays...

Edit: Trying to link the status update to this thread, but it's proving hard to do so while on my phone.

Edited by Otonio_Bruno

I had the same problem. I had to load money into my PSN wallet on the website, and then buy what I wanted for it to work. For whatever reason, it just wouldn't pull funds from my card. It still runs like garbage and likes to crash, but the error when buying stopped happening. 

Edited by ExHaseo

3 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

It crashed my system pretty frequently (Both actually) but BRICKING means your console is useless. if you can start it up again, it's not bricked. 

This, bricking is when an electronic device is completely unusable and unsalvageable (except maybe with advanced knowledge) afaik.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

It crashed my system pretty frequently (Both actually) but BRICKING means your console is useless. if you can start it up again, it's not bricked. 

He/she needed an over the top title to get people to click dammit don't ruin the fun. 

• Like 1

Sorry for my poor use of terms, I typed whatever came to mind at the time ?

Yeah, so for clarification; my system freezes up to the point that it needs to be unplugged or it just loads infinitely 

UPDATE
When I try to buy certain items, the PS3 Store either a) allows the transaction go through or b ) says "an error has occurred" It doesn't matter if I use the card on file or Paypal as a method of payment. I tried adding money to my wallet and got greeted by another error message 80023102

So, why can't I buy some things but can others? The item in question was Rainbow Moon for PS3 btw.

I tried looking at game details for Pachi Pachi on a Roll and got kicked out of the store
The store infinite loads when I do get to purchase something either a) infinite loads till it freezes and I have hit the power button or unplug my PS3 or it works properly 

Alot of times after I do get to purchase something, the store kicks me to the XMB bar.

Edited by ISeeWutUDidThere
Updating info

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one getting the "an error has occurred" message. I first tried a few days ago and got it and figured it was due to high traffic of people buying new games/downloading others and that was messing things up. So I gave it a couple days, tried again and still got the error message. I'm guessing it's just a waiting issue. 

I had this error a couple of days ago but after entering password a few times I was able to buy Bloodrayne Betrayal 

Just there i tried to buy bomberman and puzzle fighter hd together it didn’t work, should have tried the latter on its own thought I’d try amy - if it didn’t work I’d just give up on the store but it worked! Turns out I was able to buy puzzle fighter but bomberman nope. ?

• 2 months later...

I tried purchasing an item from the ps3 store today and it asked for my password. After inputting it the ps3 froze on the loading screen. However, the purchase was made. So after restarting the ps4 I looked up the item in the store and as expected I could download it. Pressed download and the ps3 froze on the loading screen again. Restarted it, tried again, same results. Deleted the store and reinstalled it and nothing changed. Has this happened to anyone and if so how do you fix it? 

The PS3 store now will not recognize my password if I require it for checkout. Yes, I tried more than once, on a different PS3, and yes, I typed slowly. Fortunately, the fix is simple. Just go to account settings on the app, disable the password requirement (the PS3 will honor the change instantly, without needing to refresh), and proceed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EqualityEarth said:

The PS3 store now will not recognize my password if I require it for checkout. Yes, I tried more than once, on a different PS3, and yes, I typed slowly. Fortunately, the fix is simple. Just go to account settings on the app, disable the password requirement (the PS3 will honor the change instantly, without needing to refresh), and proceed.

But I don't have an issue with the password. Regardless, I tried it and it's still the same.

The PS3 store sucks. Everything is 10+ years old and the same price as it was when released. I love PS3 but I’ll be glad to be done with it after September. 
I’ll go back occasionally to play Call Of Duty World At War (best game ever)

32 minutes ago, mariosF94 said:

But I don't have an issue with the password. Regardless, I tried it and it's still the same.

Safe Mode >> Rebuild Database is always worth a try. Also, I add to the PSN wallet via Offgamers (obviously get the highest denomination because each card has a processing fee) because using a normal credit card no longer works either. Just be aware that if you have any games sorted into albums, it will nuke your albums and you’ll have to sort everything again.

I discovered 250+ games just got thrown in 1 Unknown Album just because I needed to fix either some store freezing or sluggish trophy syncing and I had to…do that all over again ?

1 hour ago, mariosF94 said:

I tried purchasing an item from the ps3 store today and it asked for my password. After inputting it the ps3 froze on the loading screen. However, the purchase was made. So after restarting the ps4 I looked up the item in the store and as expected I could download it. Pressed download and the ps3 froze on the loading screen again. Restarted it, tried again, same results. Deleted the store and reinstalled it and nothing changed. Has this happened to anyone and if so how do you fix it? 

The only alternative to searching in the store to download is by finding it in your download list (especially if it’s your latest last-gen purchase ^^) and taking it from there, which you can do from either account management, or from the identical section in the store in the ribbon on the left.

9 minutes ago, EqualityEarth said:

The only alternative to searching in the store to download is by finding it in your download list (especially if it’s your latest last-gen purchase ^^) and taking it from there, which you can do from either account management, or from the identical section in the store in the ribbon on the left.

It didn't appear in my download list either for some reason although it appeared as purchased and ready to download. Was able to activate the download through the in-game store though as it was dlc so problem solved, unless it happens to a game..

13 minutes ago, EqualityEarth said:

Safe Mode >> Rebuild Database is always worth a try. Also, I add to the PSN wallet via Offgamers (obviously get the highest denomination because each card has a processing fee) because using a normal credit card no longer works either. Just be aware that if you have any games sorted into albums, it will nuke your albums and you’ll have to sort everything again.

I discovered 250+ games just got thrown in 1 Unknown Album just because I needed to fix either some store freezing or sluggish trophy syncing and I had to…do that all over again 1f605.png

Might as well try that next time, thank you.