*Fixed* If Your PS4’s Internal Clock Battery Dies, It Bricks Your Console

Kazduin

Pretty sure the PS3 issue is for digital games only, right? Could have sworn I read a few months back that disc games weren't affected on the PS3, just the digital titles when the battery goes.

It would be nice to have a fix since the bulk of my personal collection is digital for the system...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, agorazUHD said:

Pretty sure the PS3 issue is for digital games only, right? Could have sworn I read a few months back that disc games weren't affected on the PS3, just the digital titles when the battery goes.

It would be nice to have a fix since the bulk of my personal collection is digital for the system...

Physical isn’t affected on PS3 and if the 2032 battery dies on a PS3, you can just reconnect to PSN and digital titles are fine. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

For future PS consoles, Sony should make it so you can easily get at and replace the 2032 battery without performing surgery on the system (and voiding your warranty!). Sega did the right thing with their Saturn. Just pop off the cover, take out the old 2032 and put the new one in, replace the cover... simple. What were Sony thinking? While I'm glad they fixed this on PS4, the best way to solve the problem is to not let it happen again to start with.

15 minutes ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

For future PS consoles, Sony should make it so you can easily get at and replace the 2032 battery without performing surgery on the system (and voiding your warranty!). Sega did the right thing with their Saturn. Just pop off the cover, take out the old 2032 and put the new one in, replace the cover... simple. What were Sony thinking? While I'm glad they fixed this on PS4, the best way to solve the problem is to not let it happen again to start with.

Those warranty stickers are illegal in the US and have been since 1975

https://www.engadget.com/2018-04-11-ftc-warranty-warning.html

• Like 1