Game bugged saving

S1r_Pal

So basically like a few weeks ago i saw my total km count for the trophy "Autobarmy" was at 7500km. so i decided to make short progress towards the achievement basically doink 1k km every time i play so i got to 8k km and stopped, and when i picked the game back up a week later i saw my milage counter showed 7500km again i remembered reaching 8k, but i thought i just remembered wrong until today, when i decided il just do 1 straight run for the achievement 14 hours in i kept checking every like 15 to 20 laps on the "Special Stage Route X" to see how my progress is doing. 
Logically i would think the game saves my progress each time i exit a race and so on which it did in the past. 
When i was a few hundred more kilometers away from the total required goal my controller started dying i thought i could make it to the end before the battery ran out, but i was wrong and so i put my controller to charge and then an issue came "it wouldn't reconnect" forcing me to restart my console. 
And as soon as i started my game back up i saw my total milage was back at 7500km... i lost 14 hours of non stop driving on that map, i stayed up all night cause i can't afford the luxury of cheesing trough things by making the car drive on it's own with rubber bands and stuff so i need to do things fair or not do them at all and i'm honestly really pissed that i lost so much progress for nothing