PostGameBlues

Free Playstation 5 version will feature additional trophies

76 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

 

 

chrome_2021-04-02_19-54-23.jpg

 

This is from the recent live letter regarding Patch 5.5. Now additional trophies can mean either one of few things:

A: PS5 version will have an identical separate trophy list

B: PS5 version will not only have a separate trophy list but it might have additional trophies that you now need to get the platinum. Or these trophies can be in the form of DLC trophies so you have to get them to obtain 100% completion.

C. PS4 and PS5 will still share the same trophy list, but now there's DLC additional trophies for getting the PS5 version. (This is worst-case scenario for completionists that still don't have PS5). 

 

Honestly, because they worded it as additional trophies, it seems more likely that option B is true. It shouldn't be impossible for them to make the trophies auto-pop since they already have that kind of system in place for trial version users upgrading to full version of the game. The only issue might be the 'complete main scenario' trophy but every other trophy can be popped presumably by just doing once whatever it asks of you. Ex: Complete 1000 Fates trophy = probably just do 1 fate if you already have done more than 1k Fates for the trophy to pop. 

 

Actually with the main scenario trophy since they added a New Game + feature whereby you can repeat previous Main Scenario quest and duties, you might just need to redo the last 2.0 Main Scenario quest (A Realm Reborn) for the trophy to pop. Unfortunately I can just speculate what they mean by additional trophies but I thought you guys might like to know about this!

Edited by PostGameBlues
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

They are doing the same as FF7 Remake Intergrade where was made a content exclusive for PS5. Then i think these trophies, if not a new trophy list, will be in DLC form and PS5 exclusive. My bet is that will be DLC trophies related to new patch or shadowbringers expansion because he use the expression "additional trophies".

Edited by regislc30
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, regislc30 said:

They are doing the same as FF7 Remake Intergrade where was made a content exclusive for PS5. Then i think these trophies, if not a new trophy list, will be in DLC form and PS5 exclusive. My bet is that will be DLC trophies related to new patch or shadowbringers expansion because he use the expression "additional trophies".

I'm just surprised that they're even adding any new trophies. Since they never bothered to add trophies for each expansion and patch. I wish they would add trophies to each patch but then completionists will prob rage over that decision. It'd just be nice to get gold trophies for me clearing the Ultimate and Savage fights lol.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would give me a very good reason to go back to the game if they added new trophies for the other expansions... I had to stop myself from playing because I put all my time in that game for years and built a huge backlog

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Finally Square heard my prayers. The only reason I haven't played FFXIV was because I was frustrated about doing only the main game.

As a FF fan, I wanted to play every expansion, but as a trophy hunter, I couldn't find enough determination to play them.

It would be even better if they make a entire new list for each expansion, like Monster Hunter Iceborne.

Edited by KenpachiDaniel
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KenpachiDaniel said:

Finally Square heard my prayers. The only reason I haven't played FFXIV was because I was frustrated about doing only the main game.

As a FF fan, I wanted to play every expansion, but as a trophy hunter, I couldn't find enough determination to play them.

It would be even better if they make a entire new list for each expansion, like Monster Hunter Iceborne.

I wouldn't get my hopes up that theyll add expansion trophies for every expansion so far and future ones lol. They already said before that they don't see the point of adding trophies every expansion because there's already an in game achievement system. So these additional trophies if they're new, might just be something boring like check this new PS5 feature or something. Would LOVE for them to go the expansion trophies route but that's just a pipe dream at this point.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

I wouldn't get my hopes up that theyll add expansion trophies for every expansion so far and future ones lol. They already said before that they don't see the point of adding trophies every expansion because there's already an in game achievement system. So these additional trophies if they're new, might just be something boring like check this new PS5 feature or something. Would LOVE for them to go the expansion trophies route but that's just a pipe dream at this point.

Yeah, but it's funny how they can't see the point of doing this. I mean, just look at this site, Reddit and the official forum. There are a lot of people like me who don't play the game because of the lack of trophies. They're losing potential players because of something so easy to fix.

But there's no other explanation for "new additional trophies". It means they gonna put the same boring and idiotic main list on PS5 and add new things to it. It would be really stupid to add only a few new trophies for the platinum. They know by now how much a lot of the players wants expansion trophies.

For completionists, they will still have 100% on PS4, and if they want, they will sync and autopop every trophy on PS5 and play the DLCs.

Edited by KenpachiDaniel
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

PS5 version will not only have a separate trophy list

Will they fix the awful 1000 levequests trophy? I wouldn't mind if they reworked the levequests to give you more if you were higher level - like only 6 per day at Level 20 but 12 per day at Level 80. Having to wait 166 real life days to get that trophy is annoying. On the positive side, I did get to Stormblood before I decided to start over, so I enjoyed the lovely voice acting. ;)

 

FATEs are okay as one can easily farm FATEs by doing relic quests for every weapon or do the Yokai Watch event, which takes a ton of FATE grinding.

5 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Since they never bothered to add trophies for each expansion and patch. I wish they would add trophies to each patch but then completionists will prob rage over that decision.

I understand why people would rage quit if you had to complete tasks for every expansion, but I think the new trophies will only be for doing Heavensward story quests and stuff like that because now that Heavensward has been given to everyone thanks to the updated free trial(which has added Heavensward up to 3.55) there's no excuse to stick with base game stuff anymore for trophies. Adding DLC trophies for Stormblood, Shadowbringers and Endwalker would be pissing on those who can't afford anything other than the starter version.

Edited by faint-magician2
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've really put off this one for so long..tried it on the PS4 a bit on launch but I see its much more fleshed out now. Should  grab the PS5 version? I love the series, so the fan in me wants to get on the bandwagon

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, faint-magician2 said:

Will they fix the awful 1000 levequests trophy? I wouldn't mind if they reworked the levequests to give you more if you were higher level - like only 6 per day at Level 20 but 12 per day at Level 80. Having to wait 166 real life days to get that trophy is annoying. On the positive side, I did get to Stormblood before I decided to start over, so I enjoyed the lovely voice acting. ;)

 

FATEs are okay as one can easily farm FATEs by doing relic quests for every weapon or do the Yokai Watch event, which takes a ton of FATE grinding.

I understand why people would rage quit if you had to complete tasks for every expansion, but I think the new trophies will only be for doing Heavensward story quests and stuff like that because now that Heavensward has been given to everyone thanks to the updated free trial(which has added Heavensward up to 3.55) there's no excuse to stick with base game stuff anymore for trophies. Adding DLC trophies for Stormblood, Shadowbringers and Endwalker would be pissing on those who can't afford anything other than the starter version.

 

MMOs are made to have many walls and levequest limit per day is one of these walls. They'll never adjust this because most people that play FF XIV are regular players that dont care about trophies. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any word on if the PS5 beta will let us log on for free or do we need a current sub?
 

I'm very excited to learn that there are new trophies, but part of me fears they just mean the additional PS5 list. Curious if I'll have to buy Shadowbringers on PS4/5 to get them. I have the license on PC.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Who says that FFXIV is a time sinker? Sadly to my trophy hunter life I started this game 7 months ago and I'm still drowned on it XD.

 

I played this on an alt because I didnt want to worry about trophies and just enjoy the game, and still there are some trophies that I havent gotten after playing this non-stop for al this time, the levequest are stupid (if I have 20 is too much) and even the FATEs are too much, I have done the Yokai watch event, Relics quests and all that things that ask for a lot of fates done and still only have done 700... 1000 is too much to get it done just playing... Gladly there is a lot of fate farming groups thanks to the relics quests...

 

Still Im interested to see the new trophies... As long as it isn't things like reach rank 9 with all the HW, SB, ShB tribes xD

Edited by DeepEyes7
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

This is from the recent live letter regarding Patch 5.5. Now additional trophies can mean either one of few things:

A: PS5 version will have an identical separate trophy list

B: PS5 version will not only have a separate trophy list but it might have additional trophies that you now need to get the platinum. Or these trophies can be in the form of DLC trophies so you have to get them to obtain 100% completion.

C. PS4 and PS5 will still share the same trophy list, but now there's DLC additional trophies for getting the PS5 version. (This is worst-case scenario for completionists that still don't have PS5). 

 

Can't be C. PS4 and PS5 cannot share the same list, as PS5 trophy lists are handled in another way not compatible with older generation lists (progression counter).
That's why each and every "cross-gen" title has different stacks for PS4 and PS5.

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dalailama1989 said:

 

Can't be C. PS4 and PS5 cannot share the same list, as PS5 trophy lists are handled in another way not compatible with older generation lists (progression counter).
That's why each and every "cross-gen" title has different stacks for PS4 and PS5.

 

If they don't change the levequest trophy, at least I'll have a progression check on it. ;p

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dalailama1989 said:

 

Can't be C. PS4 and PS5 cannot share the same list, as PS5 trophy lists are handled in another way not compatible with older generation lists (progression counter).
That's why each and every "cross-gen" title has different stacks for PS4 and PS5.

 

This. Jesus Christ its been months now, people should understand the trophy system moving forward already.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

z2uKEHkl.jpg

 

FFXIV could have had one of the best trophy list there is had they added new trophies for each extension and major update to keep up with in-game content. Instead all we have is this boring and grindy list who don't go any further than 2.0.

I probably won't have a PS5 for a moment, but I look up to more trophies for the game when I'll finally jump the generation leap.

 

1 hour ago, faint-magician2 said:

If they don't change the levequest trophy, at least I'll have a progression check on it. ;p

You can check your progress on any grind quest trophy (ennemies killed, dungeons cleared, levequests, FATEs...)  through the in-game achievements menu. Fav them in order to easily check them when needed.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Any word on if the PS5 beta will let us log on for free or do we need a current sub?
 

I'm very excited to learn that there are new trophies, but part of me fears they just mean the additional PS5 list. Curious if I'll have to buy Shadowbringers on PS4/5 to get them. I have the license on PC.

This is what they have on their website regarding the PS5 open beta:

PlayStation 5 users who are new to FINAL FANTASY XIV

1. Visit PlayStation Store on your PlayStation 5 and navigate to the FINAL FANTASY XIV store page.

2. On the store page, press the […] button and select “FINAL FANTASY XIV Free Trial” to download the Free Trial client.

3. Once the download is complete, launch the PlayStation 5 version of FINAL FANTASY XIV from the FINAL FANTASY XIV game screen.

* You will be able to play the same game content that is available to free trial accounts.

 

PlayStation 4 Digital Download Users

Users who are currently playing the digital download version will be able to upgrade directly to the PlayStation 5 version without visiting the PlayStation Store first.

1. On your PlayStation 5, sign in with the PlayStation Network account you are using to play the PlayStation 4 version.

2. Select “FINAL FANTASY XIV” from the Game Library menu.

3. Select the “PS5 Upgrade Edition (Beta Version)” icon on the right side of the game screen.

4. On the store page, press the […] button and select “FINAL FANTASY XIV PS5 Upgrade Edition (Beta Version)” to proceed with the download.

5. Once the download is complete, launch the PlayStation 5 version of FINAL FANTASY XIV from the FINAL FANTASY XIV game screen.

* You will have access to the same game content as you do on the PlayStation 4 version.
* Game time is required to play and can be added via the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station.

 

So this most likely means that you can try out a free trial version of the PS5 beta if you're new to the game but if you already own the game you have to have an ongoing subscription or at least remaining game time. Maybe if you delete your game and then download the free trial version for PS5 beta you might be able to play.

 

And yes, unfortunately FF14 has separate licenses for PC and PS4/5 so any expansions that came/will come out you have to get on both platforms.

Edited by PostGameBlues
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not holding my breath for a refreshed list that isn't ARR, but we'll be ready next week for whatever it is.

 

I remember YoshiP years ago wasn't enthusiastic about new trophies, but their hand was forced here because of PS5 system isn't the same. I wish they went with the the DCUO model of DLCs for years making it among the most points of any game, it's a good show off.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been meaning to pull the trigger on a sub ever since XVI was announced, but I kept putting it off. I even have the game and all expansions haha. But at this stage, I'm just going to wait until I get a PS5 and this version releases so I can experience XIV solely on PS5 :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope it is a new stack with DLC trophies only for the PS5 version.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2021 at 3:43 AM, technole said:

I'm not holding my breath for a refreshed list that isn't ARR, but we'll be ready next week for whatever it is.

 

I remember YoshiP years ago wasn't enthusiastic about new trophies, but their hand was forced here because of PS5 system isn't the same. I wish they went with the the DCUO model of DLCs for years making it among the most points of any game, it's a good show off.

I agree, but some completionists in here probably wouldn't have liked that route since if theyre not that invested in FF14, it'll feel like they have to keep coming back. With regards to Yoshi P's stance on adding trophies each expansion, he simply said that there's little to no point since an in-game achievement list already exists that more often than not, actually reward the player with either a title, minion, mount and if none of that, achievement points to buy veteran rewards that used to be attached to subscription days accumulated. I would be really happy if they start adding trophies every expansion on the PS5 but even I know that's very unlikely lol.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no monthly subscription on the PS5?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8.4.2021 at 9:41 AM, Lordidude said:

There is no monthly subscription on the PS5?

This is a subscription based Game, you`ll also need it on PS5!

Only the trial version would work unlimited until you activate a licence of ffxiv on your ffxiv account.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 2:23 AM, PostGameBlues said:

I agree, but some completionists in here probably wouldn't have liked that route since if theyre not that invested in FF14, it'll feel like they have to keep coming back. With regards to Yoshi P's stance on adding trophies each expansion, he simply said that there's little to no point since an in-game achievement list already exists that more often than not, actually reward the player with either a title, minion, mount and if none of that, achievement points to buy veteran rewards that used to be attached to subscription days accumulated. I would be really happy if they start adding trophies every expansion on the PS5 but even I know that's very unlikely lol.

 

Most PlayStation MMOs have stapled on lists, jumping console generations even PSO2 Vita to PS4 that I've been with since day one in-which I never mind going back to spend hours on end, and throwing more money for that matter. I don't think they got the message that to tact on expansion lists does actually add to more subs because completionism OCD is real and there are devs that cash in on it, they didn't even have to go that far either like force people complete savage or ultimate content but they could have and made it an even higher difficulty and more prestigious 100%. Even in-game a lot of regulars care about achievements because many are tied to bling to show off like titles and mounts.

 

Plus it's not a lot of work, they could have easily tied more achievements to trophies, that's how the ARR list practically worked, even on a retroactive basis. Of course they only really work on PlayStation updates when a new model comes out, so none of it is surprising considering many of these improvements are going to PC as well. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 3:41 AM, Lordidude said:

There is no monthly subscription on the PS5?

You don't ever pay by PSN Wallet.

 

You can subscribe by Mogstation (Crysta or Time Cards).

 

Time Cards are 29,99 USD for 60 days (Multiple Characters)

 

or Crysta (100 Crysta is a dollar). 1300 Crysta is One Month but only one Characters.  1500 Crysta is one month, multiple character slots (8 max I believe)

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.