Free Playstation 5 version will feature additional trophies

I capped all level 80s back in 2019, and always turn-in custom collectables every week. Definitely much more closer to crafting ones than gather but it's not hard to methodically get to 8k and pace your way.

It's unfortunate Bozja skirmishes don't count as FATEs because that's what everyone will be doing as soon as 5.5 drops. FATEs have not been efficient for leveling for years so it wouldn't be surprising many being well below 3k. Some event comes by like Yokai Watch you end up doing them to get rewards and that busts up the count quite a bit. 

I imagine we'll have to re-clear these savages to unlock them even if we already got the cheeves, that's how it worked for all those previously.

Also on the official PS blog, they did mention they will continue to add more DLC trophies this go around which is great. Exactly what we asked for.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, technole said:

I capped all level 80s back in 2019, and always turn-in custom collectables every week. Definitely much more closer to crafting ones than gather but it's not hard to methodically get to 8k and pace your way.

It's unfortunate Bozja skirmishes don't count as FATEs because that's what everyone will be doing as soon as 5.5 drops. FATEs have not been efficient for leveling for years so it wouldn't be surprising many being well below 3k. Some event comes by like Yokai Watch you end up doing them to get rewards and that busts up the count quite a bit. 

I imagine we'll have to re-clear these savages to unlock them even if we already got the cheeves, that's how it worked for all those previously.

Also on the official PS blog, they did mention they will continue to add more DLC trophies this go around which is great. Exactly what we asked for.

Link to the PS Blog? Dude it's like my namedays all came at once lol. As a long time player of FF14 this is literally a dream come true. Yeah I imagine it'd be like the situation with upgrading from trial to full version with trophies. If you already met conditions you'd have to do once of whatever it asks to pop the trophies. I hope we can pop the MSQ trophies with NG+

Edited by PostGameBlues

It's like 3 AM right now for me and I'm hyped as hell seeing this trophy list but I'll try to break down how manageable the trophies are for those that are unfamiliar or have been away from the game for too long. We can just assume right now that these trophies wont auto pop until you do one of whatever it asks you to do.

- Main Scenario Quest Trophies:

Probably the one that is kind of puzzling to me as to how theyll go about making existing players pop these again. They could utilize the NG+ system but right now, old dungeons and trials are only really accessible though roulettes. Youd have to put a Party listing up on Party Finder to get these done which is a pain. NG+ also tends to be a bit behind current patch cycles so yeah, really curious as to how theyll do this. If there's anything at all that auto pops in this trophy list, hopefully its the MSQ trophies. 

- Collectables:

This is very grindy BUT there's a difference between CRAFTING/GATHERING collectables VS TURNING IN those collectables. Turning in collectables require a certain level of collectability. Even then, they've nerfed collectables so hard this expansion this should be an easy, albeit mindless grind. Don't worry guys! Personally I'm way under the requirement for these trophies but it's not a big deal at all.

- Savage fights/Raids (Surprised no Extreme fights trophies or 'Getting all EX mounts on each expansion' trophies)

Now, this one is really not that bad, GIVEN we can unsync them.

* Coil 1-13 EZ. 

* Second Coil Savage EZ

*Alexander 1-4 EZ.

*Alexander 5-8 a bit tricky especially 8 with Gavel mechanics (I did them last back in Stormblood unsynced so theyre prob EZ now since they melt faster but A8S gavel mechanic is uh, a bit hard for PF to do)

*Alexander 9-12 EZ. A12S Temporal Stasis is the only real obstacle but its very simple, and you only deal with the first once unsynced.

*Omega 1-4 EZ

*Omega 5-8 EZ 

*Omega 9-12 LOL good luck with O12s parties even right now. Parties that know how to do Fundamental Synergy is VERY rare. You can't cheese Part 1 of this fight because of that mechanic. Part 2's Hello World mechanic has a cheese mechanic now called Goodbye World. You can search it on YouTube.

*Eden 1-4 EZ

*Eden 5-8 PTSD LOL. Shiva which is E8S for me is not that bad, but Light Rampant became famous for a reason. That mechanic will literally block people from clearing it even unsynced in the future. It happens very early on in the fight. Yall need to pray for a miracle to find a group in PF at this point that actually know what to do.

*Eden 9-12. E12s is the only one that is gonna pose a REAL hurdle. They brought back door bosses to this last fight. Part 1 is filled to the brim with instant wipe mechanics. Junction Titan/Shiva, as well as Lions. You'll need a competent group for this fight. Part 2 isn't that bad. The hardest mechanic is Triple Apocalypse which is dependent on player positioning before it resolves. 

Now, if we have to do them synced....then uh I guess there's gonna be trophy hunter statics popping up soon lol. Which I don't mind honestly, I miss the older fights.

Also, the in-game achievements for the raids ONLY pop after clearing the final fight in a 'tier'. Tier being 4 fights. So we might actually just need to do the last fights for each tier not the whole tiers.

Speaking of unsynced, since Endwalker will decrease values massively in the game (stats and damage) due to them wanting to lower the server load of these increasingly bigger numbers like HP values, damage output, etc, it would be very interesting how unsynced content will be affected. Theyd have to downscale all content in the game I imagine but if they don't which is stupid, then unsynced might become a lot harder for people to do.

- 24 man raids

This is gonna pose a challenge just like MSQ duties/trials. You're only gonna get them usually from raid roulettes. You might have to set up party listings in PF as well. But not difficult content, just a bit of a pain to access. Even with the current relic steps boosting activity in the older 24 man raids, most have moved on already to the next step so yeah. But 24 man raids are EZ content so you just need to be able to actually get into them.

- Levelling trophies/GC Captain Rank

Now this is why I'm very hopeful that theyll auto pop. These trophies, assuming the trial to full version system I mentioned is in place, are unobtainable at least until the next expansion where they raise the level cap. GC Rank only gets raised ONCE per expansion. And it hasn't been raised strangely since 2018 during Stormblood. No new GC Ranks introduced in Shadowbringers. It's literally impossible to gain one more level to pop the trophies if youre level 80 already or gain one more GC Rank since Captain has been the max rank for almost three years. Here's to hoping this makes the trophies auto pop!!!

- FATES/Instanced duties 

This one is probably the worst out of the bunch. FATEs are the most boring shit in this game. Instanced duties youll get eventually but FATEs, unless you're some sicko that uses it to level up (which you shouldnt since roulette, deep dungeons and Bozja exist), then you're not gonna get it playing the game normally. Hell even after grinding hundreds of fates for relics, seasonal events like 3.0 Yokai Watch, as well as unlocking FATE merchants in Shadowbringers, I'm still short by 400ish FATEs (You need 3000! for the final trophy). You guys just need to bear with the FATE trophies. They're the ones that will make you kill yourself cause of how tedious they are.

- Overall thoughts

To me this isn't like 9/10 difficult to 100%. Personally I'd rate it as a 7 or 8. If it included Ultimate trophies then easily 10/10 for your average trophy hunter. I would have liked if they added the Ultimate trophies as gold trophies since I already cleared all of them but I understand that including Ultimate trophies would have been too mean lol. This list will definitely take a lot more time though than the original if youre starting from scratch. Hopefully they do keep their promise of adding new trophies per expansion/patch!

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

OMG I'm so happy LOL. Hopefully they keep adding dlc trophies per patch/expansion. I wonder if we can auto pop because I have like 90% of these trophies done already on the in-game achievement list. Disappointed no Ultimate trophies!!! This was my chance to get quite ultra rare trophies lol.

They already said they will keep adding more trophies since the trophy system is a lot more flexible now. :)

9 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

*Alexander 5-8 a bit tricky especially 8 with Gavel mechanics (I did them last back in Stormblood unsynced so theyre prob EZ now since they melt faster but A8S gavel mechanic is uh, a bit hard for PF to do)

*Omega 9-12 LOL good luck with O12s parties even right now. Parties that know how to do Fundamental Synergy is VERY rare. You can't cheese Part 1 of this fight because of that mechanic. Part 2's Hello World mechanic has a cheese mechanic now called Goodbye World. You can search it on YouTube.

*Eden 5-8 PTSD LOL. Shiva which is E8S for me is not that bad, but Light Rampant became famous for a reason. That mechanic will literally block people from clearing it even unsynced in the future. It happens very early on in the fight. Yall need to pray for a miracle to find a group in PF at this point that actually know what to do.

- Levelling trophies/GC Captain Rank

Now this is why I'm very hopeful that theyll auto pop. These trophies, assuming the trial to full version system I mentioned is in place, are unobtainable at least until the next expansion where they raise the level cap. GC Rank only gets raised ONCE per expansion. And it hasn't been raised strangely since 2018 during Stormblood. No new GC Ranks introduced in Shadowbringers. It's literally impossible to gain one more level to pop the trophies if youre level 80 already or gain one more GC Rank since Captain has been the max rank for almost three years. Here's to hoping this makes the trophies autopop.

A few thoughts from your essay:

- As it stands right now, you clear before your even get close to seeing Gavel on Justice when unsynced, so that's not really a concern.

- I think the Goodbye World strat is going to be unfeasible when doing this fight unsynced in Endwalker. Light Rampant is going to be funny.

- I really hope they autopop since it'll be a bit annoying, albeit doable to redo the savage fights on console haha. Though, I have no idea how you could pop the GC rank or the level 80 character if you've already got Captain/all 80s so I hope they do something like allow you to autopop by talking to Jonathas since they're moving regular in-game achievement rewards off him anyway, so he'll need a new job, and the fact that all the trophies are already tied to in game achievements too.

12 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Link to the PS Blog? Dude it's like my namedays all came at once lol. As a long time player of FF14 this is literally a dream come true. Yeah I imagine it'd be like the situation with upgrading from trial to full version with trophies. If you already met conditions you'd have to do once of whatever it asks to pop the trophies. I hope we can pop the MSQ trophies with NG+

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/12/final-fantasy-xiv-onlines-ps5-open-beta-arrives-tomorrow-heres-what-you-need-to-know/#sf244886767

I'm glad they surprised me and are planning to update it with more trophies going forward, so it's safe to say each savage tier will likely be the minimum going forward. With YoshiP intending to lead FFXIV for years to come Post-EndWalker, it's a fun list to keep around and pick at since we got a long time until 6.0. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, technole said:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/12/final-fantasy-xiv-onlines-ps5-open-beta-arrives-tomorrow-heres-what-you-need-to-know/#sf244886767

I'm glad they surprised me and are planning to update it with more trophies going forward, so it's safe to say each savage tier will likely be the minimum going forward. With YoshiP intending to lead FFXIV for years to come Post-EndWalker, it's a fun list to keep around and pick at since we got a long time until 6.0. 

I agree, I kinda wish they added some other trophies related to Ex trials and the relic weapons and areas like Baldesional Arsenal & Delubrum Savage.

I was wondering, do you think if they're going to add trophies for each patch, can they simply just add onto the expansion DLC trophy list? Like for Shadowbringers DLC list for example, they don't have the trophy for Patch 5.55 / Patch 5.5 Part II yet. Idk if you can just add to existing DLC lists because in my experience new trophies get separated into a new DLC list (FF15 comes to mind). I'd prefer to have all expansion related trophies categorized in their own expansion trophy lists. 

Edited by PostGameBlues

15 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

I agree, I kinda wish they added some other trophies related to Ex trials and the relic weapons and areas like Baldesional Arsenal & Delubrum Savage.

I was wondering, do you think if they're going to add trophies for each patch, can they simply just add onto the expansion DLC trophy list? Like for Shadowbringers DLC list for example, they don't have the trophy for Patch 5.55 / Patch 5.5 Part II yet. Idk if you can just add to existing DLC lists because in my experience new trophies get separated into a new DLC list (FF15 comes to mind). I'd prefer to have all expansion related trophies categorized in their own expansion trophy lists. 

It's possible to add trophies to existing dlc lists yeah, like killing floor 2 and overwatch do 

• Like 1

Guessing the new trophies only go live when the game's live. I tried to look at them, and it only pulls up the PS3/PS4 list atm. I do hope some of these are auto pop, especially the savage raid clears, I already done 10 of each of these.

Also, nice to hear people mentioning the Goodbye World/Meoni strat here. It was fun working that cheese method out. :) But some trophies will need to auto pop... as I have Captain with all 3 grand companies, and Lv 80 on all gatherers/crafters and I'm actually pretty certain I'm very close to the collectable trophy completions. Pays off to have kept playing this game past the platinum.

And, imo, Ultimate trophies wouldn't have been too bad. What would have been worse would be Unreal trophies, those are time restricted fights, leaving the game when there's a new major patch. No achievement tied to them though so hopefully Square Enix don't get any ideas.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 2

Wait what the fuck I just did Binding Coil Turn 5 and all of a sudden the levelling trophies popped! This shit is busted LOL.

Yep we'd have to do the final savage fights in the tier again to make the trophies pop. I just got the Binding Coil trophy.

For Crafter/Gatherer levelling trophies, just craft and gather one item. The trophies will pop. It seems that for the Lvl 80 Disciple of War/Magic levelling trophies you just need to enter a duty.

Also I dont know whats up with the progress tracker on the Main Scenario Quests. What do they represent?? Definitely not number of quests since they trimmed the hell out of ARR back in 5.3.

Edited by PostGameBlues

3 minutes ago, Goonboy said:

Completing the first new MSQ of patch 5.5 unlocks all the story trophies too 

I see that's great news! With the GC Captain trophy, you just need to earn GC seals and itll pop. I traded in a dungeon gear to get seals and it popped. Unfortunately savage, normal raids along with 24 man raids have to be done again. lol

It will be the same like on the ps3/ps4 version, i got all ingame achievements for the basic game already on the pc, but you have to trigger them once to get pop them on the playstation, as example, if you got ingame dungeon clear 1 and 1000 already and these are trophies, then you will get both trophies after doing one dungeon, means for th basic game it was this:

If you have already met the requirements for every trophy on PC then when you start on console here is what you need to do to get the platinum. Log into the character that you used to complete everything on PC, then:

Kill 1 enemy.

Complete 1 quest.

Complete 1 levequest.

Complete 1 guildhest.

Affix 1 materia.

Craft 1 item with each of the 8 crafts.

Gather 1 item with each of the 3 gatherers.

Clear 1 dungeon, raid, or trial.

Complete 1 FATE.

Join 1 PvP match.

Clear BCoB Turn 5.

Edited by luxitu
updated info

8 minutes ago, luxitu said:

It will be the same like on the ps3/ps4 version, i got all ingame achievements for the basic game already on the pc, but you have to trigger them once to get pop them on the playstation, as example, if you got ingame dungeon clear 1 and 1000 already and these are trophies, then you will get both trophies after doing one dungeon, means for th basic game it was this:

If you have already met the requirements for every trophy on PC then when you start on console here is what you need to do to get the platinum. Log into the character that you used to complete everything on PC, then:

Kill 1 enemy.

Complete 1 quest.

Complete 1 levequest.

Complete 1 guildhest.

Affix 1 materia.

Craft 1 item with each of the 8 crafts.

Gather 1 item with each of the 3 gatherers.

Clear 1 dungeon, raid, or trial.

Complete 1 FATE.

Join 1 PvP match.

Clear BCoB Turn 5.

The trophy list is completely different to the PS3/4 one.

1 minute ago, Griffon234 said:

The trophy list is completely different to the PS3/4 one.

That can be, i just want to show the people how the trigger works, the procedure will be the same for ps5, thats why completing one quest will trigger all quests with trophies that you have done already until there

2 hours ago, luxitu said:

That can be, i just want to show the people how the trigger works, the procedure will be the same for ps5, thats why completing one quest will trigger all quests with trophies that you have done already until there

Thanks for sharing!

I assume this will probably work the other way around? (i.e. Do the requirements on PS5, then go back to PS4 to unlock trophies from PS3/PS4 set)

I still haven't done my 1000 levequests/FATEs on PS4, but I want to play the PS5 version ASAP xD

18 minutes ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

I assume this will probably work the other way around? (i.e. Do the requirements on PS5, then go back to PS4 to unlock trophies from PS3/PS4 set)

yes ofc, the important thing is your acount. if you log in with the same char on all plattforms, it will work: important for the these trophies are your ingame achievements, so they will trigger through one more action on the ps4 then

2 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

Patch notes say there's new trophies for the PS3/PS4 version, but the list hasn't been updated.

the new trophies are ps5 only:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/12696-final-fantasy-xiv

12 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Yep, looks like they are one bronze trophy short of max on the SHb DLC list, can probably guess what that trophy will be.