GTA V Announced

AlteredFormula

Hopefully they go the route of being more fun like Saints Row or older GTAs.

I hope they don't take the Saints Row approach, that would be too much and not what GTA is about. A nice combination of the more realistic approach of GTA IV (Driving, environment etc.) and the fun elements of San Andreas is what I want (Car Modding, Haircuts, Tattoos, wide clothing options, parachutes, jets etc.)

Hopefully they go the route of being more fun like Saints Row or older GTAs.

Couldn't disagree more. San Andreas was a lot of fluff, which is all well and good... but I loved the realism, attention to detail and functional, solid storytelling of GTA IV. Going back to San Andreas was rough for me.

i loved all the fluff of previous games, such as being able to become a Paramedic/Firefighter/Cab Driver to earn some extra cash was awsome, also BRING BACK THE PLANES!!!!

I'm not sure why they got rid of those things honestly, they wouldn't be that out of place in GTA IV. Though like a high speed fighter jet might be.

I'm referring moreso to things like car customizing (how pointless is that in a game that caters entirely to destroying your vehicle), haircuts, the exercising and eating right (what is this, The Sims?), over-the-top character/clothes customizing, gang wars (for someone that didn't like the gang wars, the constant warnings about losing turf really bothered me). I think GTA IV did right by getting rid of 99% of this, making aspects less over-the-top and toning down the micromanagement.