*No Patches for Some PS3 Games*

DeidaraTV

1 minute ago, Cascadicat said:

Ok, sony customer service is telling me that everything is kosher on their end with lords of shadow. And that I should contact konami's customer support because sony doesn't control access to game updates.

Well they just lied to you, because updates are on their servers

• Like 3

1 minute ago, big-_-_-_-boss69 said:

This might be nothing, but the Lords of Shadow 1 DLC on the US PSN is listed under Castlevania Lament of Innocence (PS2 Classic)... could they have the files mislabeled in the backend?

Nah, the same thing has occurred in the EU store and on other searches that's just the PS3 store being janky.

Edited by Sir_TyroneOBE

3 minutes ago, Sir_TyroneOBE said:

Nah, the same thing has occurred in the EU store and on other searches that's just the PS3 store being janky.

I was annoyed about thinking the fact the dlcs were removed and was this close to go into the game sharing route. thankfully its there still for now. I'm just waiting to get my copy of the game off ebay.

4 hours ago, KentaZXi said:

--GAMES THAT YOU CAN UPDATE STILL!--
Ragdoll kung fu
explodemon
arcana heart 3 love max
GRID Autosport
Duke nukem 3D: megaton edition
Serious Sam 3 BFE
99vidas
Spelunker HD
Double Dragon Neon
Mortal Kombat Kollection
Joe Danger 2
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD
DarkStalkers Ressurection

One Piece Pirate Warriors
Super Puzzle Fighters 2 HD remix

Bionic Commando Rearmed
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2

--NO UPDATE/ PATCHES REMOVED-- (meaning on v 1.00)

Ugly americans

Legasista
Zombeer

Oddworld: Abe oddysee New & Tasty

Steins; Gate

Dragon Fin Soup

Fate Awaken Ultimatum

Mighty No.9

Stardust HD

Locoroco Cocoreccho
Steredenn
Under Night in Birth Exe:Late

Street Fighter 3 online edition
Alice Madness Returns (HDD)
The Last Guy
I am Alive
NBA Jam On Fire Edition

Under Defeat HD Deluxe Edition
Hard Corps Uprising
Kickbeat
Chariot

BloodRayne Betrayal
Castlevania Harmony of Despair
Space Ace
Dragons Lair 1 & 2
Teslagrad
Mamorukun curse

One Piece Pirate Warriors 2
Okami HD
From Dust
OUTLAND

Beryond Good & Evil HD
Stealth Inc 2
Megaman 9 and 10

Infamous Festival of Blood

Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty
Rain

I cannot say for Journey and Scott Pilgrim since I already installed those updates before this bullcrap started. This is ALL NA/Canadian Digital games so far. I'm going through my physical Library now.

Oh goddamit I JUST bought the original disc for that game recently!

2 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Good luck with that, I've posted 3 times with no response. I made up a post about PS5 and got an instant response. 

What About The Older CODS And Battlefield?

Ok, so I've now talked with both Sony and Konami customer service. Both tried the typical IT support stuff (is it plugged in? do you have internet? can you tell us the update version? press triangle and check this thing, etc). Ultimately, Sony tried telling me that I was using the wrong gamer disc version (because I have the collection and the BLUS is different from the vanilla game). After that got explained they tried telling me that game updates are a game publisher thing and to contact them (and even provided a direct link to Konami's chat support). Konami was very much less effusive with cheeriness and fake happiness and basically said (after the IT support stuff) that it's impossible for them to force an update onto my console and that while they provide the game updates (in this case 1.03), Sony is the one that controls access to it for consoles. And that I should contact Sony customer support (which, funny enough, I was still chatting with). Konami did say they would escalate my complaint, but that I would not receive an update. So who knows if anything will actually come from that. Returing to Sony, I told them what Konami said, reiterating that the game update—according to Konami, 1.03—should be available but that it's Sony's ballgame to make it available to consumers' consoles. Sony replied that everything is fine and they can't say whether or not the specifics of a game's updates are available or not. In other words, yes: I've reached the right people in sony customer support to ask about this problem. Also, there is no problem! Also, try asking Konami! Also, have you tried restoring your system to factory settings and re-downloading everything?

Also, directly telling them "It appears there is an issue with your servers not making certain update files available" resulted in a response that boiled down to "sir, don't tell us how to do our job: our servers are up and everything is working properly."

• Like 4

I've installed multiple patches tonight on my console. Here are my results (UK);

No patch required/patch didn't download*

Captain America

*SOCOM 4: Special Forces*

Batman Arkham City GOTY

InFamous

Blazblue Calamity Trigger

Midnight Club 3 Complete Edition

Wanted: Weapons of Fate

Syndicate

Star Wars: Force Unleashed Sith Edition

Ghost Recon Ghost Soldier/Advanced Warfighter 2 Double pack

Patches Downloaded

Assassins Creed 2

Assassins Creed Brotherhood

Assassins Creed Revelations

Battlefield 3

LBP Karting 

Lost Planet 2

Modnation Racers

Resident Evil 5 (Standard Ed)

Resident Evil 6

GTA 5

Skate 2

Wheelman

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Operation Flashpoint: Red River

Splinter Cell: Blacklist

MGS Rising

Split Second

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Fight Night Round 4

Blast Factor

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 3

Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Dragon Age 2

Far Cry 2

Far Cry 3

Lara Croft & Guardian of Light

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Red Faction Armageddon

Sacred 2

Hard Corps: Uprising

Hope this helps. Still got plenty more to test so will do tomorrow. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cascadicat said:

Ok, so I've now talked with both Sony and Konami customer service. Both tried the typical IT support stuff (is it plugged in? do you have internet? can you tell us the update version? press triangle and check this thing, etc). Ultimately, Sony tried telling me that I was using the wrong gamer disc version (because I have the collection and the BLUS is different from the vanilla game). After that got explained they tried telling me that game updates are a game publisher thing and to contact them (and even provided a direct link to Konami's chat support). Konami was very much less effusive with cheeriness and fake happiness and basically said (after the IT support stuff) that it's impossible for them to force an update onto my console and that while they provide the game updates (in this case 1.03), Sony is the one that controls access to it for consoles. And that I should contact Sony customer support (which, funny enough, I was still chatting with). Konami did say they would escalate my complaint, but that I would not receive an update. So who knows if anything will actually come from that. Returing to Sony, I told them what Konami said, reiterating that the game update—according to Konami, 1.03—should be available but that it's Sony's ballgame to make it available to consumers' consoles. Sony replied that everything is fine and they can't say whether or not the specifics of a game's updates are available or not. In other words, yes: I've reached the right people in sony customer support to ask about this problem. Also, there is no problem! Also, try asking Konami! Also, have you tried restoring your system to factory settings and re-downloading everything?

Also, directly telling them "It appears there is an issue with your servers not making certain update files available" resulted in a response that boiled down to "sir, don't tell us how to do our job: our servers are up and everything is working properly."

For some reason this popped into my head when reading about your conversation with Sony. 

Star Wars A New Hope We're all fine here now - YouTube

9 minutes ago, cam_manutd said:

I've installed multiple patches tonight on my console. Here are my results (UK);

Captain America

Batman Arkham City GOTY

InFamous

Syndicate

Ghost Recon Ghost Soldier/Advanced Warfighter 2 Double pack

Patches Downloaded

Assassins Creed 2

Assassins Creed Brotherhood

Assassins Creed Revelations

Battlefield 3

LBP Karting 

Lost Planet 2

Modnation Racers

Resident Evil 5 (Standard Ed)

Resident Evil 6

GTA 5

Skate 2

Wheelman

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Operation Flashpoint: Red River

Splinter Cell: Blacklist

MGS Rising

Split Second

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Fight Night Round 4

Blast Factor

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 3

Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Dragon Age 2

Far Cry 2

Far Cry 3

Lara Croft & Guardian of Light

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Red Faction Armageddon

Sacred 2

Hard Corps: Uprising

Hope this helps. Still got plenty more to test so will do tomorrow. 

OMG I have Batman Arkham City GOTY but it's not installed on my PS3, does it mean I ll never have the trophies for this game or does it mean the game never needs a patch and it's ok ?

1 minute ago, usdel said:

OMG I have Batman Arkham City GOTY but it's not installed on my PS3, does it mean I ll never have the trophies for this game or does it mean the game never needs a patch and it's ok ?

You're good. Patched content I assume is on the disc.

Just now, cam_manutd said:

You're good. Patched content I assume is on the disc.

Ok thanks.

Is there a way to know when a game is 1.00 means it s ok (never had a patch) or means it needed a patch and the patch is not avaible ? I would like to test with all my ps3 games tomorrow (I am French)

21 minutes ago, cam_manutd said:

Captain America

Batman Arkham City GOTY

InFamous

Syndicate

Ghost Recon Ghost Soldier/Advanced Warfighter 2 Double pac

Captain America has no update.

Infamous, i have it digital, no patch.

If this is an early sign that online integration will be completely removed on these older systems then I will be done with Sony. 

I have a small backlog of PS3 and Vita titles. Whether this is an issue due to people panic buying or connectivity being wonky, I don’t know.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Seventh_Son7 said:

I have the Castlevania LoS Collection, what do I need to check?

Check your game data and see if you're above version 1.00. Alternatively, play past the tutorial (use an alt account if you need to) and check your world map to see if it has 14 dots (dlc) versus 12 dots (dlc not recognized). 

Some points of reference

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cascadicat said:

No Sony would never blame the game developer i do really find it hard that you tell these lies ? That conversation is more or less a scripted basic reply i sometimes question if these people we are are talking with are not straight up BOTS.Copy and paste material is all they are and at this point i fear all online will be gone by the end of the year on PS3/Vita

Edited by The_Retro_Maniac